Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If she has said "It goes or I do" then she should go! It's meant to be a partnership not a dictatorship, JMO. I don't have that problem, we are all hooked but my daughter does like our beardie Spyro the best.

DP used to hate my snake when we first started seeing each other now he is addictted as i am lol

Give her time and she should get used to them

Ok, well I had the worst nightmares after this thread last night. Dreamt I found a beardie behind the bed which was great, but then went to check if mine had escaped and Ben's bredli struck at my face again. Then I went back into the bedroom to ask Ben if I could put this new beardie into another enclosure he had on his lap and he smiled and showed me the massive jungle python he had in there... I freaked out, and told him it was over & I was moving out... Then I stormed out the front, had a weird encounter with a girl I've never met... But that's another story entirely!!

So Ben... if you're even CONSIDERING getting another snake... It's me or the snake... but this time I mean it!!

hmmmm i have had a few that didnt like the whole snake thing

luckily for me none of them have stuck the distance (for other reasons of co**** lol) so now i just have to worry about what my dogs think lol and they more amazed at the snakes than i am hehehehe

Tell her you'll get rid of it if she gets rid of her shopping habbit / brand name sunnies / romantic soppy movies and songs / hairdresser / *insert other random girly habit here* and so on.... it might not go down well but it'll get the point across!! hahahaha.

Does nobody on here understand how terrifying snakes can be?????

I can understand your fear of snakes, I have a bush background and although I would never harm one intentionally and I understand there lot in life I do not like them. My husband had a Diamond python once and she definitely did not like me either, she would try and strike me whenever she was out even if he was holding her.

I am a lizard loving person, they are gorgeous!

Finally, someone who understands!! :)

I would never ever harm one and I still think they are amazing creatures but they scare the crap out of me and I just don't understand this lack of respect for that?

As for lizards... they have legs & I love them :)

My partner also very wary of my sisters coastal hatchy when he first arrived, she always sat at the other end of the couch when i had him with me.

About 2 months later my sister wanted to show me something urgently so as i went past my partner in a rush i put him on her lap and said watch him please and kept going
(I knew she wasnt the type that would completly freak and throw the poor guy)
but apparently she sat there frozen for a couple of minutes with her hands above her head, but the time my sister and I came back downstairs she was handling him just fine.

So we asked her why the sudden change and all she said was "he looked at me all inoccently with his big eyes and I feel in love"

so now we have a diamond on the way and a olive coming a few months later.:)

Ok I'm the Missus of my man who got a snake. I don't mind them, they're great then we got one as a new addition to our home, oh crap. I was willing to overcome my fear of the dam thing. There came a point where I had not choice. Feeding it wasn't my problem it was cleaning the enclousure etc. She was a spotted python with attitude ( I think some ppl will understand that already), but then my hubby had to go away for 6 mths, and I was left with it. I overcame quite a few things (and with thanks to some help from this site too). But not suggesting you bung off for six mths, just treat it slowly, she might come around eventually.

Might i just add: we've now gotten a baby coastal and i have not probs with it.

yeah my partner isn't all that fused over them ether but he thought he would get one used to handle it all the time till it bit him and rufuses to touch him ever again, he has put his foot down for me getting anymore but I see it as he'll come around lol one day. I have 5 now and looking after 2, and plan on getting about 5 more pairs within 3 years or so. just neek them in I say she'll loose count latter on and will stop complaining about them or you'll just learn to ignore her. lol
you can always let her pick her own out

Erin_Jane....warm your hands,hold something that you need to grip...tennis ball etc
then get your Bunp73 to put Strangles on your hands...
DONT concentrate on the head...but look at the fine detail of the pattern on the snake
they all have unique patterning..try to count the scales between the bars(pattern)
if you concentrate enough...it will stop you being fearful...all animals smell fear!

I am definately not one for paying out on fears!! I love snakes. I love spiders. I love sharks. But if you put a cockroach anywhere near me ill cry like a little girl!! Irrational I know...

haha i shouldn't laugh. cockroaches and spiders make me cry like a girl to lol. i can't even pick up dead ones!

my partner hated the idea of me having A snake. now i have 9 including 2 5-5.5ft coastals! his fav is the biggest now lol. he had this massive fear that they would get out and he would find them in the babies cot or kids beds strangling them around the neck lol. he was paranoid that my mac hatchy was going to do it LOL. now i have to get rid of my fishies if i want more snakes :(

my boyfriend isnt really a fan of animals in general but he let me get my jungle python and at first he didnt want anything to do with her. now he loves her and she sits on his shoulder while hes on the computer or playing halo or something lol massive turn around for him.

my man is against snakes because of his religion, he allows me to keep them but wont have anything to do with them

Go and get yourself a Death Adder, and put it as a main display in your loungeroom, then get rid of it when she hits the roof, with any luck she will be happy with the python.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back