Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
haha i shouldn't laugh. cockroaches and spiders make me cry like a girl to lol. i can't even pick up dead ones!

lol we are all funny people. I cant pick up dead ones either. My dad is a rough is guts manly man, he squashes roaches with his hand and its make me want to vomit. I once caught my flatmates cat eating one and I was dry retching... but its only roaches!!! Nothing else scares me!!! NOTHING!!! Except my ex's mum but thats another story. I must admit though, the death adders I saw at the expo gave me the heeby jeebys a bit...

Erin_Jane....warm your hands,hold something that you need to grip...tennis ball etc
then get your Bunp73 to put Strangles on your hands...
DONT concentrate on the head...but look at the fine detail of the pattern on the snake
they all have unique patterning..try to count the scales between the bars(pattern)
if you concentrate enough...it will stop you being fearful...all animals smell fear!

Well, I've progressed to the stage where I touched Strangles tail on Saturday night & Ben had her out tonight sitting about 2 metres away from me. I still feel very uncomfortable even having her in the room but I'm trying to just swallow that and not be such a girl!!

Makes me want to vomit seeing her slither towards Ben's face... urk :|

Do not be forced or feel you have to touch the snake, that will only make your fear greater. move at your own pace with it and just watch it for a while until you feel more comfortable. If you never get past your fear then thats fine. Your partner will just have to handle his snake in an appropriate manner that you feel comfortable with. You have valid reasons for your feelings and dont let anyone force you to touch the snake if you dont want to. Not everyone HAS to like snakes......its an individual choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back