Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pink

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just posting the obligatory 'Here I am' topic. :lol:

I'm only just getting into owning reptiles although I was interested quite a few years ago - only thing stopping me then was my mum. I moved on from it for a while and have recently had my interest rekindled, so I started researching and came across these forums!

Wealth of knowledge here, I'm still working my way through it but expect to see a few questions from me in the near future.

Little bit about me - I'm 27, living in Mount Waverley (sharing with a friend who is not yet keen on the idea of a pet snake, though I'm working on it.), working full time in Richmond. Mostly I'm a computer geek, but I do play a bit of Inline hockey in my spare time - it does well to get my aggressions out. :lol:

Thanks for having me!

Tys,

RE: Pink

G'day Tys,
Do you know what type of snake you want yet?
jords

Hey, thanks for the welcome!

Not sure what I'm after yet, Jordo. I'm heading down to the pet shops this weekend to get a better idea of sizes and temprements etc.

I like the look of the Jungles, but from what I read here they are probably too snappy for me to start with. Diamonds and Coastals sound pretty friendly, though they might end up a little bigger than I'm after.

Biggest enclosure size I'll be able to fit will be 4'h x 3'w x 1.5'd

Of course, if it's addictive as it sounds I probably won't stop at one anyway! :lol:

Tys,

Hi tyson, welcome to the site. i'm new too, and everyone seems really friendly, just don't mention cats or cross breeding

Nothing wrong with hybrids. :lol: :p Welcome to the site! Great people here.
Can I recommend a Bredli? They're the best, just because I have one. No they're a great snake, but if you want something on the smaller side you can always get a Childrens, Maculosa or a Stimsoni. You can always expand your collection! :D

Thanks again everyone!
This is definitely a friendly site!

Ah, yeah - I was also thinking about a Bredli too, AnteUp. Too many choices!
The smaller ones are pretty nice as well, but they might be 'too' small. I should have a better idea after the weekend.

Tys,

ha you called yourself a geek thats cute! hahaha so can you fix my comp please?

Welcome Pink.

Yep, no way you're going to stop at just one. It's been clinically proven that owning just one reptile is impossible :D

I was relieved to hear you get all your agro out on the sports field. That will save the mods on here a lot of work :wink:

Cheers, Lily - The Secret Mod!

Welcome to the site Pink.

Good luck in deciding what species of reptile to get first.
So many Reptiles, so little space! LOL

Neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back