Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
longte;1304713Supposedly they are deaf Then why does one head right for the speakers when Evanescence is played on CD[/quote said:
Because even they think it's crap and are looking for the off button! :D

Here's a 2 year old female[pure sorong] [500 grams] that shed last night, the sorong gtp's are noticable by the blue dorsal diamonds down their back, black tale tip and are slightly smaller , they are very easy to keep [temps 26-31] and high humidity...WR ...ps double click on the pic to enlarge it...

NICE! if / when I'm cashed up that's the sort of green tree I'm gettin

They cant afford to

In my view even at 3-4K each it's still a very limited market that is being swamped. For most folks times are pretty tough and it's mostly only a relative few serious snake guys (raising the funds through breeding other species) that can justify shelling out those sort of bucks.
That's probably stating the obvious - I'm an expert on the obvious by the way - there's still ads out there for last season's hatchies so there's going to be a whole lot of unsold hatchies this season without prices dropping further still.
Sorry Wokko :lol:

some nice animals up for sale. they will be cheaper in the very close future, those with animals advertised have a far few animals to satisfy alot of interested people. i have heard of about 14 confermed clutches this season and that imo wouldnt be half of them. alot around for sure.

ultimate blue is a nice animal, im impressed with the price of her offspring actually. i wouldnt pay to much extra for her offspring she is just hormonal anyway. $3400 wont be the cheapest we see them. they'll be cheaper in a month or two. the only people convinced that the price isnt dropping is those that have bred a good number of them this season... they're the ones that'll be strugling to sell all there offspring. the rate they are going ill grab a few when they are 2K each.

Interesting to see if the current prices hold over the whole season or will they drop again in another 6 months. To buy now or not to buy now is the question :)

Interesting to see if the current prices hold over the whole season or will they drop again in another 6 months. To buy now or not to buy now is the question :)

very true. at the end of the day if someone was to be buying them to breed and make a profit, they may aswell wait. as all class 2 animals they will continue to fall until they are under 1k each which imo will be in two more seasons. they be be the most popular python etc but they are restricted to class two and many people are willing to wait for the drop. i for one am happy to wait. as i said ill pay no more then 2K for what is generally on the market at the moment. give me an animal from a really high yellow pair and you can expect mor money. ill wait get 4 or 5 from a couple different people grow them slowly and breed with them one day...no rush.

gtp prices

fraser888...l fail to see the mathematical logic in your snipe at last seasons purchasers, they will breed one year earlier and therefore get a higher return than this years buyers who in the main will breed one year later....very simple logic.....ps this whole thread albino darwins being better than greens l think should be seen in the text : if everybody had albinoes it would be boring and the same with greens...lets remember diversity is what gives you PASSION.....CHEERS SOLAR 17 [Baden]

IMO established feeding hatchies will be sold for well under $3K this season but we probably won't see that offered publicly.

The time of the year again when everyone speculates at what prices are going to be doing.I might as well jump on the bandwagon too and add to the wishful thinking.Since green prices are coming does that mean pure aussies are going to drop as well? I hope so because I would like some.

On the which is better, albino darwins or greens we keep both and if for some reason I could only keep one of those species I would choose the darwins in a heartbeat.Each to their own.

Shame most people bought last season lol..........

Most people buy because they want to. It must be a terrible way to live, not buying things because they might be available sometime cheaper. Funiture and electrical goods are generally cheaper now than ten years ago. Look at all these playstations, wiis etc, computers. I am sure they will all be cheaper as production methods are streamlined and volume increases. Perhaps you should wait at the tip and grab everyones throw outs for free, but then again if you wait longer someone might pay you to take them away.
I get a lot more enjoyment out of my snakes than from money in the bank!

On the which is better, albino darwins or greens we keep both and if for some reason I could only keep one of those species I would choose the darwins in a heartbeat.Each to their own.

i couldn't agree more. loving the darwins, beautiful animals!!

This is interesting ,
prices are coming down as more and more clutches get advertised
http://www.reptilesdownunder.com/ahc/animal.php?saleID=23083

its abit unbelievable, the number of hatchies that have popped up in the last 24 hours for sale is..... a shock, yes there are heaps around, who didnt know that. i find it funny how they have all gone up at the same time. have alook at RHC the majority of animals for sale in the last day are GTP's

Boring! Snakes along with crocodiles and sharks are ultimate predators.

you are kidding, how can you put snakes on the same level as crocodiles and sharks? maybe cause 'anaconda' is on telly tomorrow.
kookaburras eat snakes.

you are kidding, how can you put snakes on the same level as crocodiles and sharks? maybe cause 'anaconda' is on telly tomorrow.
kookaburras eat snakes.

Just because kookaburras eat snakes doesn't mean snakes aren't predators, killer whales eat sharks, are you saying sharks aren't an effective predator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back