proffessional dog fights inside story last night on ch2

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know its mega sad and i know another group of ppl that do it in kings park

Yeah of course i do! my little storm means means the world if anyone took her i dont know what id do. Its also scary how they now i have her, coz i dont let her out side unless im with her and no one can see in

Last edited by a moderator:
In order to determine whether the dog is game or a cur it must be rolled
(a match fight not fought to the death like you read about)
If you breed pittbulls you will want the best of the breed just like you would want the best of Jungles or Childrens in this hobby if they were your preffered species (in this case the trait aimed for in the breed is gameness). In order to determine this along with any aknowledgement of bloodlines the dog must be tested, and to do this involves a fighting ring.

However there is a difference between matching a pair of dogs to test their attributes (read rolling), and fighting them to the death (read fighting). A breeder will know when to pull his dog from the match because it has proven itself one way or another and only rolls his dogs when introducing a new bloodline of unknown gamness. This not only shows the breeder it's gameness but also gives any future prospective buyers an indication of the bloodline. Worse outcome of teh rool is 2 game dogs that neither backed down and a few cuts & bruises. No different then a boxing match.

A money hungry shark however will fight them and does not care what bloodline he has as long as it's a killer. He has no feelings for the dog and it is simply a money making tool to him. There can be only 1 winner and most cases end in a mentally/physically broken or dead dog.

Last edited:
And is this legal????? I still think it's horrible even to "test their gameness" as you put it!

If you ask me they only attack things because people of the past wanted them to protect stuff so they breed the most aggresive female with the most agressive male = something bred to protect stuff

so if the people of the past wanted them as lapdogs they would have done this

calmest male+calmest female=calmest pitty

now people of today aren't that bright, so they make them fight thinking thats what they were bred for

so it = 1 badly injured dog and 1 dead dog=:cry::cry:(sadness)

Of course it is illegal today.
I was mainly talking about a time when even alcohol was illegal lol.
Anyway the breed is well & truly developed now & their is no need to roll them anymore IMO. You can say I am against fighting them now but I do condone the practice in the early breedings of the APBT back in the days. Infact I would probably agree with todays breeders also IF their practice was for the same results and not a case of rolling animals that are already established & known. Anyway It was the practice of these old timers from the late 1800's & early 1900's that gave us what we cherish in the APBT, gameness. Without them we would be buying dogs of unknown backgrounds with unknown traits displaying unknown behaviour. Atleast because of them we know they were bred for gameness (not fighting, but gameness for bull baiting, hunting, guarding etc).

My post was to educate the masses posting here that have no idea about the breed, their background or the fighting but simply respond on hearsay & media hype and label the animals as viscious killers that were bred to fight, when the fact is they are far from it. Infact having more tolerance of pain makes them even better to have around children that like to pull ears, bite tails and stuff like that lol

Last edited:
the worst thing about the situation is that when the people are caught the punishment isn't that harsh as is the cases with the majority of animal curelty cases. these people are running huge rigns and what do they get? dogs taken away and put to sleep (dogs they can easily replace), short jail term more commonly probation and fines. considering how much money they make out of it and how horrific it is these so called punishments don't really seem to fit the crime do they?

i seen it, was interesting story.
its not just dogs that we make to fight, pretty much any animal that us humans can raz up to fight.
some dogs were bred to just hunt & kill.
here's a list i pulled from wikipedia that has all the dog breeds that were origanally breed for dog fighting at some stage of there history-

A
Akita Inu
Alangu Mastiff
Alano Español
Alapaha Blue Blood Bulldog
American Bulldog
American Pit Bull Terrier
American Staffordshire Terrier
Argentine Dogo

B
Bedlington Terrier
Blue Paul Terrier
Boston Terrier
Boxer
Bull and Terrier
Bull Terrier
Bully Kutta

C
Cordoba Fighting Dog (extinct)
Cane Corso

D
Dogue de Bordeaux
Dogo Cubano
Dogo Sardesco

E
English Bulldog
English Mastiff
English White Terrier (extinct)

F
Fila Brasileiro

G
Gull Dong
Gull Terr

I
Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier

K
Korea Jindo Dog

L
Lottatore Brindisino

M
Molossus (dog)

N
Neapolitan Mastiff

O
Old English Bulldog (extinct)

P
Perro de Presa Canario (Canary Dog)
Perro de Presa Mallorquin (Ca de Bou)
Pugnaces Britanniae

R
Rottweiler

S
Shar Pei
Staffordshire Bull Terrier

T
Tosa Inu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighting_dog

Last edited:
Some times i purposely walk past particular houses that i know are doing it and its frigtening to hear, i cant imagin watching it.

Garbage!

Oh, and if it is true, what have you done about it?

I still reckon what you said is garbage!

i seen it, was interesting story.
its not just dogs that we make to fight, pretty much any animal that us humans can raz up to fight.
some dogs were bred to just hunt & kill.

Exactly whitey.....pretty much any animal that us humans can raz up to fight.

Supposedly humans have evolved enough to not condone this brutal slaying of innocents. But why do we have laws/morals against this with dogs, but not humans?
Dont we send humans to fight, to kill, to the death...in war.

Is their a likeness between breeding and fighting dogs and breeding people and sending them to war to fight other people?
Supposedly we individuals have free will to decide to go to war...or....is the idea of patrionism and dieing for your country 'put' into many people who are willing and do go to war?
Far as I can see the supposed 'free will' is the only difference...or is it?

One could argue that if pitbulls are bred to fight they are doing just what they like doing. No different to someone who wants/likes to go to war. Some people are just providing the pitbulls the oppurtunity to fight.

As to the 'to the death' part...dont we do that in war between humans? To the death. Oh thats right, war is a defending of ourselves/country/ideals....or for Oil...or for economic gain..or for greed. All points that are done by western countries to go and kill people, so why not economic gain ffrom dogs that kill dogs?

Im not trying to defend/condone dog fights here, but Im trying to understand why its ok for humans to organise people to kill people, but not ok for humans to organise dogs to kill dogs.

I think I read on the net or a book somewhere that the American Pit bull was created in of all places America lol. But who am I to argue? especially with a person of your calibre lol

Anyway, I have kept Jeep, Reid, Tyson, Sorrell, old family rednose & Redboy bloodlines.
I have read just about every book on the species & have had contacts of fighting men. I am not claiming to be a know it all but I do have a sound knowledge on the subject, whereas you on the other hand seem to know stuff all and maybe this is why your posts have been sarcastic & mocking? :p

Last edited:
Earthling i'm not going to even try and say why one thing is okay and another isn't or what ever it is you were trying to say...All I can suggest is that you watch the program tonight and then you will understand the difference?????

Very sad show - it broke my heart when the guy hooked the dog up to the electricity to try and kill it. Those sort of people are a waste of oxygen!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back