Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy

Reaction score
Could someone please explain what the bite of an adult carpet feels like.. what kind of pain? and perhaps similar to the bite of something else?

I've never had the pleasure :wink: and I'm finding out some info for "show and tell" for primary children and I bet that's something they are bound to ask.

I've been bitten by an aggro sub adult bredl before and then had my arm constricted by it, but luckily it hasn't happened with a large adult carpet...........it's quite a pleasant feeling really :lol:

The 18 week old kitten we have hurts more IMO :lol:

It's hard to describe...but the biggest I've been bitten by is about a 5 1/2 footer so a big **** adult would probaby hurt more! Got bitten on both wrists as a slow bite which didn't hurt at all, the second one was really itchy tho. Got in the top joint of my middle finger which hurt, and on the inside of my arm which I barely felt (but that was only like 4 teeth :lol:). I've really only found that they itch, but it's much worse when they hold on! My little Childreni grabbed the back of my hand and held on and funnily enough her little 2 feet of constricting machine hurt more than the 5 footers! I really hate when you've got the buggers wrapped around you and you cant get em off cos ya keep getting tagged lol. I'd much rather a bite than having my blood flow cut off :lol:

Re: RE: Python Bite?

OuZo said:
Cut your arm off :lol:

oh man that'l hurt!

Im actually in the process of finding a first snake at the moment, and getting bitten is my number one concern (extra NOOB!)

Is there a step wise process one should take to remove a python once its gotten a mouthful of hurt on you :D

cheers

RE: Re: RE: Python Bite?

Sorry I should give a serious answer! If you mean trying to get it's teeth out of you, you could either wait til it realises it can't fit you in it's stomach and let's go, or some people try spraying water in their mouths, dunking them under water or even putting a little metho on a cotton bud and touching their tongues. If you mean the contriction part, I had a lot of trouble getting my Diamond off (1/2 an hour of trouble!) the first time she bit me and I'm still not really sure of the best way to try and get them to let go. They're bloody strong and when they don't wanna budge and you don't want to get bitten AGAIN you're at a stalemate lol ;). I ended up getting really tired of holding her and a stick so finally found an opportunity to squeeze my hand out of her coils and put her and the stick she was attached to back in the enclosure. Maybe someone with some more experience could give you a better answer!

biggest i have been railed by is an 8ft south western carpet i still say monitor bites hurt alot more

What state are you in deathinfire? Maybe you could find someone near you to help you out with things like showing you how to get them out and how to tell when they're cranky etc. See the thing about getting bitten is you get maximum blood loss for minimum pain :lol:. Makes for some beaut pics :lol:

I have been told that most snakes dont like running water..eg a tap or a hose..... So, if you can get to one.......put it under the tap or hose and it should 9 times out of 10 release.....

That is "What I have been told".. as yet I have not needed to try it out...

Or ...... from the tail start to uncoil it from your arm...making sure not to kink the snake as you go.....

There is a specific way to remove the head from attachment too... But I wont go into detail... as I havent done it yet... Look in some books...I am sure I have read it somewhere...

I got hit buy an 8 foot carpet around my wrist, then it coiled both my arms together, like hand cuffs. (not that i would know what cuffs feel like)

it was biting me for 27 minutes untill my room mate came home and filled up the bath tub so that i could hold it under water till it let go and unwound itself.

And im not going to act tough, it hurt like hell.

The only times ive been bitten is when ive had a few to many cans, i think they can tell. lol

from the tail start to uncoil it from your arm...making sure not to kink the snake as you go

I tried that...when she was attached to my left arm, I used my right arm to try and uncoil her but whatever I managed to get off my left arm ended up attaching on to my right arm :lol:. Kinda funny now but frustrating at the time!

The only times ive been bitten is when ive had a few to many cans

Ooohhh you'd bleed a lot more then too wouldn't ya? Yikes :shock: . I'm not acting tough if you meant me btw :lol:, most people here know what a chicken I am! I think it was cos mine haven't been strikes when they bit me :?

Lol...that would have been funny to see...two hands bound by a snake..... KINKY......

wasnt havin a go at you zo, and yes the alcohol in the system gets the blood flowing.

To be honest i was trying to impress a girl, and she ran out of the house screaming!!!! :oops:

I have been tagged by a 7ft coastal which wasn't nice, but nothing compared to getting chewed on by a 6ft laccie!!!! ouch......

Lmao backfired a tad hey? :lol: ;)

Peter that's a beauty :D

You don't have to act tough Donkeyboy....I'd definately believe an 8fter with an attitude would hurt like blazes hehehe

And I agree with Kenshin, I've been bitten by a few wild adult eastern Beardies and yep...they really hurt!! :lol: Not that I know anything remember :lol:

hahaha sweet some of those stories are awesome urs especially da donkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back