Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Python Bite?

I have been bitten by an 8 foot diamond. It hit me 'accidentally' when i got between her and a dead rat. It hurt like hell and shocked me. It didn't hang on or anything, just did the one strike. The Olive bite pictured before was similar to my diamond bite in pattern but mine was on three fingers. There was a lot of blood.
I have been bitten by a shingleback that didn't let go until i nearly drowned it in a bucket. That hurt a lot and didn't stop hurting like the diamond bite did.I have been bitten by a short neck tortoise as round as a family sized pizza and that hurt plenty too.
Juvenile python bites i have had plenty of, they feel like a couple of flu injections at once.

Luckily i have never been bitten and constricted by a snake...touch wood!
I didn't have a digital camera when the big snake bit me, but here is a bite from a jungle hatchie

i was looking around that little area of the garden i made skink friendly and picked up a lil dude. probably an adult but still uber small! anyways hes trying to get me and eventually he dose get me and he just sits there. annoying thing was that every couple of seconds he would increase the pressure then decrease. so annoying.....eventually he did let go! didn't hurt more of an annoyance, no blood though! he was one tough little skink!

andrew

I got bitten by a friends 4 - 5ft MD. Didn't really hurt, it was the shock of seeing the snake come at me so fast. It was over in the blink of an eye, bleed a fair bit, and left me with a bruise for a week.

Most have you have seen these shots before. This 5ft Bredl is a Psycho!! :lol: We seem to have a pretty close relationship, I'm not overly worried about the bite to be honest, not for her size that is, I take her on every few weeks ...she'll settle down one day I'm sure :lol:

The last shot has her still attached and constricting like blazes :lol:

where%20can%20I%20bite%20you.JPG

ouch%20lol.JPG

my god that snake looks crazy as hehehe that face should feature in horror movies

He's fine now, hasnt bitten anyone since inny last copped a few off him.

That was classic, 5 or 6 rapid bites in a row, kept goin an goin like the duracell bunny. :lol:

deathinfire, the best way is by experience. If you live in Melbourne I have snakes from hatchlings to around 2 1/2 metres so you can come over and get bitten by the full range if you wish. That should help you know what it is like :)

why didn't you ask me if i wanted to get bitten! should have let me try to pat that little hatchy carpet. bloody thing was going off!

andrew

deathinfire, the best way is by experience. If you live in Melbourne I have snakes from hatchlings to around 2 1/2 metres so you can come over and get bitten by the full range if you wish. That should help you know what it is like

He's right in saying this. You can even purchase snakes that bite as well. As I was reading the 4 pages in this thread a minute ago, I pulled out my coastal hatchie I bought from Afro and Whammo, a feeding bite. Didn't hurt but is now itchy as hell. I will post pics in a min. I just have to download them from my phone to the computer. :)

Here are the pics that were taken with my mobile phone not about 20 mins ago How ironic, reading a thread titled "python bite," and then getting a feeding bite at the same time. He held on for about a min 1/2. He didn't constrict when he bit, but was constricting before he bit. Funny little bugger :) :)

RE: Re: RE: Python Bite?

I got done by a 12ft olive a few years ago........ Lots of blood and pain, but it wasnt really that bad looking back on it....... Well, not as bad as an elapid bite, coz the pain is only temporary!

The worst python to get bitten by in my experience are large scrubbies and Aspidites!

Most python bites feel like someone stabbing you with a few dozen shards of glass...... Coz their teeth are so sharp, the pain only lasts a teeny while! Its unpleasant for sure, but it doesnt bother me at all.

IMO young carpet bites hurts more than the adults (unless its a feeding bite), coz when a baby bites some teeth usually always snapp of in ur skin, and it makes the pain last a bit longer.

If the snake chews, or hits you really hard, u can get some pretty major brusing as well

RE: Re: RE: Python Bite?

Wasnt that you brodes that got done on a knuckle a while back and it fully swelled up cause it was pretty much on the joint?? There were pics too but i cant remember who it was, now that was a nice hit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back