Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PimmsPythons

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
what an unbelievable success the queensland reptile expo has been.will certainly now become an annual event with many many people wishing to show their animals next year.the quality of reptiles was fantastic and first class.at the end of the day we had around 1500 people through the door and for a while there the lineup to get in was was right out the frout of the complex and down the steps.though the morning there was hardly room to move so next year we will move to the bigger stadium next door

a massive thanks to the exhibitors for there support coming from as far as Brisbane and Emerald and to the people who travelled large distances to check it out.i spoke to people from Mareeba and the goldcoast who made the trip and were impressed with the quality that was there.

another big thanks to the people that made it possible- Derek ,Leonie,Kris,Kirsten,and Kari .about 4 months of organising,legal issues to work around and many headaches.should be easier from now on .and a big thanks to Simon and Diane Stone for donating their time and said they will certainly return and run some cenemar's on breeding and other things next time and they were incredibly impressed how the whole thing went

the 2 big trophies,peoples chioce,was taken out by Kooranna crocodile farm ,and exhibitors choice was taken out buy Ian Davidson's stunning diamond python,who also took out best diamond.
i'm proud as punch to to say i took out best Darwin with my male albino,one of 5 on display for the day.

Kris's ven demonstrations were a hit as well with people 4-5 deep around his 5 meter pit,and a few of the other highlights for me were the roughies,gtp's,some of the best jungles i have seen and a couple amazing bhps.oh and that funny little central netted dragon that cracked me up.wide awake ,running around one minute ,fast asleep the next and it went on like that all day.got to get one of them .

i havent got around to download any photos as yet ,but feel free to post photos from the event on this thread..and especially the other prize winning owners,please post photos of your reptiles and what they took out.
cheers everyone
simon

i only got a chance to get a few pics with my point and shoot.i'll post more later after work

Last edited:
where was it held i herd nothing of a qld rep show only the nsw one

i must have looked straight over it. will definately make it to next years. congrats on the trophie :)

couple more

Attachments

• expo0812.jpg
    expo0812.jpg
    440.4 KB · Views: 67
  • expo0814.jpg
    expo0814.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 90
  • expo0815.jpg
    expo0815.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
photo of us with our bhp and centrillian. we had a ball and hope you did aswell

Deka

Attachments

• Derek and Lionie with QLD BHP's.JPG
    Derek and Lionie with QLD BHP's.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 218
;)even eddy got very tired and hungry .did any one else see him move around his enclosure.there was many kids who seen him blink and breath

Attachments

• eddys  feeding time.JPG
    eddys feeding time.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 194
Show was great plently of locals showed up. We made the trip up from the gold coast... Thumbs up especially for the friendly stall holders who were willing to talk about their reps and explain the pros and cons they've found. :)

Kirsty

i missed it :( mum didnt want to go. ill be sure to make it next year :D
i did go to the sydney one however :p
i think ill go to them all next time or at least try to haha

Nat ;)

The Expo was graet! So many people showed up and it was a great day! So many peopler are now more aware of the herp community and that they can make great pets! The ven display was great, and i think it made people aware also that a dead snake isnt a good snake.

Big thumbs up to all, everyone had some stunning animals and hope to see you all again next year!

congratulations once again simon and everyone else who organised the event, it was excellent.
i look forward to displaying some animals at next years show.
cheers:)

Yes and no ReptilesDownUnder . All animals on display were captive bred, however when Kris did the venomous display he discussed how to deal with (or should I say how not to deal with) wild snakes, snakebite first aid and the difference between the behaviour of his captive bred elapids and wild ones.

congratulations once again simon and everyone else who organised the event, it was excellent.
i look forward to displaying some animals at next years show.
cheers:)

We can't wait to see you there again and look forward to seeing the snakes. Kris said to make sure you stay for the booze up afterwards this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back