Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was very impressed too!
I got some great pics, thanks to the organizers and stall holders for a great event
See ya next year!
Cheers
Adam.

Attachments

• z_crowd.jpg
    z_crowd.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 81
  • z_crowd2.jpg
    z_crowd2.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 88
Agreed, such a big turnout! :) Wonderful day out.

I have a few photos, will upload some later (still on the camera atm)

:D:D

Hi Guys, Dad was talking to Derek this afternoon 1400 people pay to get in 800 adult and the rest were under 15 , Great day man-o-man what a great day, way to cool. here are some pics that dad took, and yes I got MUM to hold her first snake today, my mum is now the coolest mum on this planet

Great people,. lots of fun, That's to Adam for letting me take a close look and photo of his woma

And Thank you to everyone how made today the GREAT SUCCESS that it was , great job guys , wow I can not wait until next year.

The only thing that did not happen is that BHP didnot eat my little brother paul. well maybe next year,:lol:

karinHoldingaPlaturmiunspottedpytho.jpg

GajbHoldingaBredlipyhtonsm.jpg

PaulblakeholdingaBHPsm.jpg

RareAlbinoDarwinPyhtonsm.jpg

VeryRareGreenTreePyhtonfemalesmall.jpg

VeryRareGreenTreePyhtonmalesmall.jpg

Some pics for the ven lovers

Attachments

• z_ven.jpg
    z_ven.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 41
  • z_ven1.jpg
    z_ven1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 44
  • z_ven2.jpg
    z_ven2.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 62
Here are some from Premier Pythons, they had some quality animals on display.

Attachments

• z_pp.jpg
    z_pp.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 41
  • z_pp1.jpg
    z_pp1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 48
This guy's collection was very nice, the lower albino was simply stunning - and he had rough scales which is the first time I have checked out of them up close, the jungle pics is a great shot,
And he put this smile on my boy's face by letting him handle the olive python - which was priceless.
Cheers
Adam.

Attachments

• z_jungle.jpg
    z_jungle.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 46
  • z_albinos.jpg
    z_albinos.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 67
  • zIMG_4450.jpg
    zIMG_4450.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 57
In case you are wondering how big the Olive was,
and getting to handle a salty,

Attachments

• zIMG_4451.jpg
    zIMG_4451.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 53
  • z_salty.jpg
    z_salty.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 46
just got home from the expo. i must say what a fantastic event it was. put a few faces to names, had a great chat with simon stone and saw some beautiful reptiles.
huge congratulations to the dedicated people who organised this. i will make an effort to put a display in next years show.
cheers and well done.:D

Just got back and the family is still talking about it. As for holding it in the SE corner to hell with that!. The day was fantastic and the fact that it was somewhat central to everybody will ensure its success for years to come. Premier Pythons' display was outstanding and I would like to thank them for making the effort.

Koorana won people choice award & Ian & Paula Davidson won exhibitors award with they Jungles and yellowish Diamond, well this what Derek told dad.

Hello all, this is my first post here. The day was brilliant this had a much larger turnout than I had expected, all I can say is a big THANK-YOU Simon for organising this all.

Here is a few random pics I took throughout the day, I've hosted them on photobucket due to the file size. Some are a little dark but I took them without a flash as one snake i took a pic of with the flash got a tad upset.

Picture655.jpg

Picture657.jpg

Picture664.jpg

Picture672.jpg

Picture674.jpg

Picture695.jpg

Picture700.jpg

Picture714.jpg

Picture728.jpg

Picture750.jpg

Picture818.jpg

Picture832.jpg

Picture851.jpg

Picture859.jpg

Picture861.jpg

Picture869.jpg

Picture927.jpg

Picture931.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great photo's Trigger, I might have to make it up there next year.

Just made it back from the expo and I must say that it was a huge success in my opinion. Well done firstly to slimebo and all the organizers who put in so much effort! And thanks to everyone who came out to support the event on the day. I think just about everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. You certainly can't argue with 1500 patrons at the first ever Qld Reptile Expo.

To those who visited our display, I say thank you for supporting us. And to those who have left comments about our display in this thread I thank you also. I will post pictures later on today when I get a chance to download them all. If anyone has any photos of our animals/displays they'd like to share with us for our website, we'd be very grateful. Email us at [email protected] if you have any pics we could use!!! :)

We were also pleased to win Exhibitors Choice Awards for Best Bredli, Best Gecko & Best Stimson's Python.

Cheers,
PP

Last edited:
You had an awesome display setup PP, loved the RSP :D Was nice to see some amyaes too

Just got back from Gladstone and have put our babies away.
I second the motion that the day was a roaring success...
Count us in for next year -
It was a huge surprise to take home Exhibitors choice award trophy (for best overall snake)- for our female diamond
Also got best Jungle, Bearded dragon and coastal carpet.
Will post some pics later once I have loaded them on the computer.
I was good to put some faces to the names at long last - and hopefully some long and lasting friendships have been made.

Well done Simon for a great day - it was well worth the effort.

ta
Paula

Here are some pics I took of the Jungle and Diamond,
Cracker animals for sure,
Cheers
Adam

Attachments

• Z-IMG_4443.jpg
    Z-IMG_4443.jpg
    177.1 KB · Views: 55
  • zIMG_4445.jpg
    zIMG_4445.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 56
i'm kinda sad i wasnt able to make it:( oh well, theres always next year so hopefully get to see a few of you then. Anyway a huge congrats to slimbo and the other organisers, looks like it was a huge success

The expo was amazing. ALL animals were in perfect condition and a credit to their keepers. The ven show was very good and the inland taipan was an amazing animal ( actually the coastal taipan was a great animal too, possibly the best I have ever seen).
My bet is that the price of baby snakes will increase dramatically in Gladstone.
Full credit to the organizers for a job well done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back