Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all good in fantasy land, but the justice system rarely gets it right.

Like i have been trying to say it is the who has the best legal arguement that wins not always who is right.
Let the RSPCA decide the proper course of action and report it and encourage everyone to report it, if enough do report it action will be taken. If his records are accurate the RSPCA should be able to contact everyone he has sold reptiles to and find out how big and how long this problem has been going on. They will no what laws have been broken adn what chargers could be layed, it is their job let them do it.
It is easy to sit in here and complain, threaten with action for $500 compensation but the next person who in good faith buys their first reptile only to have it sick being slugged with vets bills and other costs, all the while thinking next time i might just get a canary, you need to stand up adn everyone who has been affected not just by this seller but others needs to let the proper authorities know, you may think it is just one off but it may just be part of a bigger problem
thats my 2 cents worth

i would appreciate it if you could send me a PM. i am lookin to buy a snake soon, and i will probably be buying from a Vic seller, and would hate to have this happen to me.

thanks very much, Jamie.

It is in the sellers best interest in times such as these, to sell good quality, healthy reptiles. A bad name can do your business no good. Especially if you are well known.

Many of his customers would be from the local area and perhaps the local papers might take an interest in the matter if he doesn't repond to your messages.

He seems to be gaining a bit of a reputation with some of the Wildlife shelters in the area as well.

Per

You would think that they would regularly worm all their critters as any good pet trader would. When you buy a puppy from a reputable breeder it comes with a vaccination and worming history. It should be a natural progression to a feeding history chart.
I bought my first two pythons from Reptile Trader in Rockingham and I had a very detailed card accompanying both of them that told me when they were laid, when they were hatched, weight on birth, first shed, when they had been fed and what, when they had defecated, etc etc etc.
Maybe we, as buyers, should insist on this sort of information.

This person deals with unhappy customers all the time because he sells old and sick animals all the time.He has made a business out of it. All the fuss in the world will not stop him he will just wait until its all over and then start selling to another round of people who haven't heard of him.Had a friend who got burnt badly and after getting a replacment snake was told nothing personal i'm a business man.Have heard other horror stories from people E.G Selling very expensive pythons as hatchlings that will never breed because they have been damaged.Anyway everyone get pm's & emails going and name him, word will get around and maybe we can save a few heartbreaks.

Cheers

good shop

i have bought a number of reptiles from a shop in ballarat with no prob with any off the animals, at all, as you are buying from a pet shop if its birds, reptiles, horses, ect, they are also getting animals from other people and getting other peoples problems which i bet they don't say when they are selling an animal, weather its infertile full off worms ect, or any other probs, so why blame a shop when really its comes from a person who might they bought the animals off in good faith, and i will still shop there anytime as the animals i have got have been great the staff are great

You will need to be careful, get a lawyer, he definately will have one, it is his livelyhood you are threatening, you will need to have written documentaion of when, where and purchase price, plus an autopsy report plus written expert advice from a vet saying that the snake must of been mortally infected at time of purchase. A recorded of the the replacement snake and vet report would also be required, a history of your reptile keeping experience including membership of any societies, groups or even forums, anythign to give yourself credibility.
Their lawyer will try to discredit you, and lay fault on you for the death of the snake and are just after some money. you will need to prepared to defend your self and your actions, without getting angry. If you do lose you will have to pay the court costs etc adn he may sue you for defamation or the like. Any one else who also comes forward will also need written documentaion of when, where and purchase price, plus an autopsy report plus written expert advice from a vet saying that the snake must of been mortally infected at time of purchase.
It may be risky but will be worth it if you win, It dosen't matter if he has done the wrong thing or the right thing it only matters if it is legal, check for anyfine print on any form, invoice etc you got from the store that may lay all responsibilty at your feet.
Don't rush into anything before talking to a lawyer.

I strongly agree here. Doesn't matter if his lawyer also thinks he is wrong. Fact will remain he is being paid to defend him and they will grill you over every minor detail. Watch what you say to him during this time and it would be handy to have a witness be with you if you need to contact him.

Ask your lawyer about what could happen if he skipped town and did not pay the court costs. Make sure they don't fall back on you.

The ppl that have spoken here, and others who have been burnt, I truly hope you get support from these ppl to nail him. I hope he gets closed down or at least banned from having animals. He doesn't deserve them if he doesn't want to acknowledge there could be a problem with them. I can guarantee he is trying to ignore it because he doesn't want to fork out on vet bills which will eat into his profit margin but he still has a committment to those animals.

Good luck with it Horserule.

I agree with what Darren has said!!
I don't see why you are all bitching over a chat site!
How come none of these other 30 people horsesrule said have complained to the seller? Why not confront the seller about it? And stop having a sook over the net!
This seller has sold me plenty of animals and all are great!!

Maybe i can just take better care of them unlike you people

Sorry to ask a stupid question, but, with him / her / it ripping this many people off , you guys as well,
why not simply FRONT the person in question and gently ask for your money and vet fee's back ??
I would & have done in the past - no problem.

You really need to be careful when you confront ppl. If you do, have a witness (more the better) so that he cannot then go you for defamation of character and make up some stories along the way. His support team will no doubt have their own lines rehersed to help back him up so you are best doing it the legal way. The guy has already refused to refund which I believe is totally wrong. Perhaps laws have changed but when I had my pet store which only closed this year, one of the laws stated in the Legal Jargon was that pet stores are required to allow 21 days cool off period where the customer is allowed to return an animal for a full refund. Ask your lawyer incase my theory is incorrect or outdated but you had the animal 11 days, you provided veterinary back-up that he would have requested to prove the animal was sick prior to your purchase. I hope your lawyer can tell you that he has already broken the law by refusing to accepting a refund and not accepting responsibility to take action to treat the remaining animals.

Last edited:
How come none of these other 30 people horsesrule said have complained to the seller? Why not confront the seller about it? And stop having a sook over the net!

How do you know the other 30 ppl haven't complained but just can't afford or couldn't be bothered taking it further. It is great news that you have got healthy animals from him, but that doesn't wipe responsibility on his part for the sick ones he has sold. Every pet store has their set backs - you are bound to get a outbreak of something - but its how you deal with it that gives you the reputation you deserve.

Yes you are probably right blackhead. We are commenting on a one-sided story without hearing what the seller has to say, but a couple others have replied stating they too have had problems, then there has to be some truth in it - especially for her to announce such an allegation on a public internet site - well thats JMO anyway.

truth

now that would be very interesting indeed i bet the seller has bought in animals and they have died cant see him sooking on the net over a carpet python its not like there expencive

How come none of these other 30 people horses rule said have complained to the seller? Why not confront the seller about it? And stop having a snook over the net!

wow such blatant nastiness

now that would be very interesting indeed i bet the seller has bought in animals and they have died cant see him sooking on the net over a carpet python its not like there expencive

your kidding right? yeah you have to be kidding!! who gives a rats *** about money they are living animals seriously thats just money hungry talk there!!

Trust me I know what its like to own a pet store. I bought in plenty of animals that died day or so, within the week of purchase but I wore that cost while I always tried helping my customers when ever they bought something that wasn't quite right or died. I always tried persuading the customers to take a replacement or allow me to pay for treatment on animals before offering refund and 90% of time it was a successful and happy medium. I rarely had problems but I never accepted that it wouldn't happen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back