Reptiles are all beautiful unique creatures, not trophies to compare!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So much hostility :D why not just laugh at such deluded specimens?

to be honest i couldnt give a ***** if any one dont like any of MY animals .. I love them ALL and thats all that matters to me :) but i must say blackheads RULE:lol::lol::lol::lol:
good response,i agree

I like all reptiles - doesn't matter...no competition for me...if people think there got better stuff that's OK but what are they trying to prove??? I like one of my so called 'common' spotteds as much as something that people may say is a higher end reptile but that's cool....

don't take ANYTHING in this hobby to heart. I think the vast majority of people involved are freaks or have some sort of social/mental issue. APS is a prime example of how tolerant we aren't of eachother. Be thankful of any normal herpers you may get to meet, rare but there are some out there.

I think it is also forums...they tend to bring out the best and worst in people. In a face to face talking situation a lot of comments would just wash over us...but in a forum we can and indeed do (including me) take everything to heart...I know emoticons are supposed to show things are a joke but when some things are put in writing even with an emoticon it looks far more sinister than when said as an off the cuff remark.

From my experience, most herpers in real life are pretty cool people.

Who cares what other people think. Personally my spotteds are my fav out of my whole collection!

I like all reptiles - doesn't matter...no competition for me...if people think there got better stuff that's OK but what are they trying to prove??? I like one of my so called 'common' spotteds as much as something that people may say is a higher end reptile but that's cool....

I was told the other day that my Coastal is a waste of space. This was by a breeder in a shop!!.
They may well be a waste of space to him, but to me, he is a beautiful boy, as are my MD and Tanami.
Anyone who puts one ahead of the other needs to pull their head in and realise that not everyone can afford an expensive snake and his/her cheap waste of space may well be the best snake in the world to them!!

I am one for the under dogs ...GO THE CARPETS ....:)

Dont let it get to you ...are you even sure it wasnt said to you in jest ?
as was said ,it can be difficult to pick what is said in a direct term and what is said in a smartful jest ...

I am one for the under dogs ...GO THE CARPETS ....:)

Dont let it get to you ...are you even sure it wasnt said to you in jest ?
as was said ,it can be difficult to pick what is said in a direct term and what is said in a smartful jest ...

im not letting it get to me, ive had my rant and i feel better :D

nah it wasnt in jest..... this guy was just trying to be cool. lol. failed.

to be honest i couldnt give a ***** if any one dont like any of MY animals .. I love them ALL and thats all that matters to me :) but i must say blackheads RULE:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Couldn't have put it better. Why waste your life being angry about what other ppl think when you can sit there in front of your snake's enclosures and admire their beauty. I am probably speaking from a weakling point - not a strong person to speak out but really I couldn't be bothered. If those ppl want to stress I say go right ahead. I'll just go home and put my snakes out on the grass and enjoy them.

I am always saying my snakes have the best nature. But that isn't comparing them to anybody else's animals. I am allowed to be bias. Of all the top class albino's, GTPs and BHPs etc at the Mac Herps Expo last year, I took along just one python - a diamond/coastal intergrade. I didn't care about winning anything. I just wanted her to be there. I was proud of her :D When it was time to pack up she wrapped around the barrier for all to see while everyone else bagged their's up and rushed them away. She had her moment of glory, she is always beautiful :D

The guy who told me, my boy was a waste of space said it to my face, he said he won't have them in his shop because they are a waste of time and space. He certainly wasn't joking, that wouldn't have annoyed me so much then.

hey ive got some nice BHP's and jungles. really couldnt be bothered showing them off or what others think. i keep them for me. but i do like looking at other peoples snakes when they show them off. some are stunners and make me wish they were mine. id say chill out and enjoy what you own and dont take it to heart because someone thinks theirs is better than yours

The guy who told me, my boy was a waste of space said it to my face, he said he won't have them in his shop because they are a waste of time and space. He certainly wasn't joking, that wouldn't have annoyed me so much then.
Tell him to go play with some matches :lol:

I couldn't have put it any better Abs, some people just have too big an ego so make themselves feel more complete by putting others down constantly.

Honestly, if people are taking the time to put others down for owning common reptiles clearly has no life and you shouldn't bother listening to them. They're probably jealous..

It didn't bother me so much. I was more annoyed by the fact that some people who are just getting into it would be put off by this attitude towards what he believes in a 'rubbish' snake. He was quite forceful in his dislike for Coastals and that's what annoyed me. My niece and my daughter and grandkids love the Coastal, but only because we have one.
The Coastal we have is the most gentle snake, my 4 year old grandson handles him and he's never shown any aggression toward him. I'd hate to think that a newbie goes to that shop for advice and is put off by his attitude.

It didn't bother me so much. I was more annoyed by the fact that some people who are just getting into it would be put off by this attitude towards what he believes in a 'rubbish' snake. He was quite forceful in his dislike for Coastals and that's what annoyed me. My niece and my daughter and grandkids love the Coastal, but only because we have one.
The Coastal we have is the most gentle snake, my 4 year old grandson handles him and he's never shown any aggression toward him. I'd hate to think that a newbie goes to that shop for advice and is put off by his attitude.

Name and shame the business cosmicwolf.... I certainly know of a certain individual that owns a business that would match the description you've given and their true nature toward people and animals both.

I won't do it on here Rocket, it wouldn't solve anything and I'm against flaming someone who is unable to defend themself, lets just say he won't be getting my business again. I'll go where my snakes are welcome from now on.

I would doubly not take it personal coming from a pet store. They want business and don't care about ppl's feelings when it comes to something they believe wouldn't be a money grabber.

ivonavich is trying so hard to capture the attention here.

lol only just saw this, very entertaining thread. reptiles people like are by opinion, I for one only like rare stuff, and stuff that looks good. I don't care much for the species, mostly care for the looks. meaning, I only like coloured beardies, only black and gold jungles, bredlis have to be bright and nice. and rare stuff being chondros and roughies, which I can't keep. the stuff I like is usually expensive, I do not like them because of there price tag but because they are usually very nice animals, they are very unique and not very common in the wild, saying this I do keep some common stuff, mainly because I like the look of it, I don't care what others think, big deal everybody likes different stuff.

lo.i gotta say i got a mate with a coastal and he adores it...he reckons bhp's and womas etc and crap, so it goes both ways i guess...like others have said..its all down to personal opinion and preference.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol .i gotta say i got a mate with a coastal and he adores it...he reckons bhp's and womas etc and crap, so it goes both ways i guess...like others have said..its all down to personal opinion and preference.

coastals are great, very underated snake, I am not a fan of BHP's at all though, but drool over nice womas (I do not like SA ones or some of those unusual ones, give me a WA woma anyday)

Last edited by a moderator:
hehehe, I myself like all pythons, not a fan of some of the smaller ones but thats not to say i wouldnt own one or two or six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back