Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
I suppose all I can say is I had a really fantastic day everyone! :D

There were a few ingredients to it though. The weather was one - hardly any rain! I still can?t believe it! Must have been that rain dance I did at 7am! :wink:
The other ingredient consisted of a fantastic group of people who made the day so memorable ? it?s as if I?ve known you guys for years.

And a very big thanks to everyone who attended, it wouldn?t have been half the fun without you. Plus with my directions I would never have made it to Roys anyway :lol: It was really great to finally meet I_am_sam, Hix & Nome who made some pretty long journeys just to get there for the day. Not to mention Phillip Islander Nick who was part of the reason Stevo got that awesome looking Bredli off Roy, who at the start simply wasn?t going to part with it!- it?s amazing what a few Crownies can do! :lol: :lol: :wink:

Particularly a big thanks to Stevo for his culinary butchery delights ? the chicken sticks were to die for mate! Not to mention those rabbit sausages everyone was eating :wink:

But I suppose the biggest thanks would have to go to Roy Pails for putting up with the 17 or so of us at the start ? and an even bigger thanks for the 3 intoxicated louts at the end :lol: :lol: Roy was very hospitable and gave everyone plenty of time & valuable herp experience information. He is certainly a very down to earth fellow who was simply delighted to show us what could be only described as one of the most incredible collection of animals I have seen, in the most amazing of premises.

Certainly if anyone was contemplating to buy a snake of whatever species, you couldn?t wish ever imagining not giving consideration to buying something off Roy Pails. I?ve never seen such a clean and complete collection of snakes ever! ?..I just wish I could have walked out with one of those absolutely awesome Speckled Browns ? my new love!

Roys address:
http://www.pailsforscales.com/pythons.htm

I look forward to getting some photos in. This was a ripper BHP.

blackhead.JPG

Thanks again for a simply awesome day everyone, I had a ball!

Ps: As far as the Tigersnake farm goes ? Rob is very passionate and has lots of tigersnakes ?the end!
:D

Thanks Moose for the day, it as lovely, although very tiring.

What did everyone think of the security idea? Me, I thought it was such a good idea, but i think they went a lil over the top with the radio and uniform...but thats just me. I mean is there any reason for those things? I coud be totally wrong. But I thought it was scary! I was harder to get into than a club! :) At least they didnt ask me if it was my older sisters ID, like the response ive had from a few clubs before :)

Roy really suprised me. He was such a great guy and was so easy to talk to. I actually thought he'd be stuck up about owning so many reptiles, but he was so good about it, it actually was like they werent his own. It was amazing to see such a great guy with so much passion.

And as with the Tiger snake "farm" (or backyard :)) I agree with Moose. :)

Did Steevo really end up getting the Bredli? Thats so funny! And I think Matt's score with the Carpet was pretty good!

Thanks again Moose for organising everything and thanks Steevo for the lunch. I really hope it wasnt rabbit sausages, especially after the near eating moth incedent :)

yep what a great day, i held that bhp pictured there for a good 15minutes. thanks moose and everyone for making it a great day.

another bhp shot.

someone post shots of those woma's and speckled browns please im having withdrawals.

Re: RE: Roy Pails - What a great Bloke!

Woma_n said:
Thanks Moose for the day, it as lovely, although very tiring.

It was a long day. We dropped our passengers almost exactly 12 hours after we picked them up.

Woma_n said:
What did everyone think of the security idea? Me, I thought it was such a good idea, but i think they went a lil over the top with the radio and uniform...but thats just me. I mean is there any reason for those things? I coud be totally wrong. But I thought it was scary! I was harder to get into than a club! :) At least they didnt ask me if it was my older sisters ID, like the response ive had from a few clubs before :)

I think it was meant to send a message. Roy did not really know who was coming and wanted to send a message to anybody who may have been casign the joint with thievery in mind. They would have made somebody who was considering leaving with a couple of womas down their pants think twice.

Actually the security guards were just herpers in disguise and quite knowledable.

Woma_n said:
And as with the Tiger snake "farm" (or backyard :)) I agree with Moose. :)

I thought the idea could work but it would have to be a lot better done.

Woma_n said:
Did Steevo really end up getting the Bredli? Thats so funny! And I think Matt's score with the Carpet was pretty good!

I think Roy was just playing him along from the start.

Woma_n said:
Thanks again Moose for organising everything and thanks Steevo for the lunch. I really hope it wasnt rabbit sausages, especially after the near eating moth incedent :)

Hey there was nothing in those sausages that did not taste like chicken. :lol:

????? can some one explain the security topic??? im a bit confused! (yeah yeah i know, its not hard to do...confuse me that is..LOL)

Teamsherman said:
????? can some one explain the security topic??? im a bit confused! (yeah yeah i know, its not hard to do...confuse me that is..LOL)

:lol: :lol: Roy had hired the "blackshirts" to watch us! :lol: :lol:

In all seriousness I thought it was a little silly initially, but considering how many people there were in the place and with the amount of womas and other desirables in there without locks on cages we could have walked out with 10 of thousands of dollars of reps. Sure the guys with squawk boxes looked funny and we were giving em heaps (in a joking way) about Roy nicking off to the dunny saying they should follow him etc. - Ohh and the part were we refused to grab him a beer and he was calling for security :lol: I can understand why he had them there.

By the end of the day we were all sitting around, security included, drinking and BBQing and it was a case of whoever drinks too much will be the one getting ripped off.
It was looking like Roy was doing a damn good job holding his drinks by 10ish that night - I was beginning to get worried for Nick & Stevo's bargining plan at the stage I left :lol: :lol: :lol: But I think a team effort helped pull off the Bredli sale :wink:

got any photo's of the banded form of speckled browns moosey? and someone please create moosey an album as he has like 3 discs full of shots on his camera. what a great day lets do it again minus snake yard. :lol: did you get good death adder shot moose?

Ricko said:
got any photo's of the banded form of speckled browns moosey? and someone please create moosey an album as he has like 3 discs full of shots on his camera. what a great day lets do it again minus snake yard. :lol: did you get good death adder shot moose?

Hahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: Yeah!

:D there will be alot more pictures, group shots, snake shots etc etc coming..I am preparing the 'tiger snake' farm ones, the barbqued lunch ones by the lake and Daavid is working on the 'Roy Pails visit' one...don't worry there is HEAPS of photos!!!

Dammit! Missed that one! I've created an album in APS GATHERINGS for these photos, guys, if you want a permanent record. Please post them there.

Thanks

soulweaver said:
Was a great day in all, great to catch up with everyone again, next time melb zoo?? :p

I LIKE IT! :D

The better photo's I took are in the APS Members get-togethers album. I'm sure I've got some more but I got to get home now :lol: :lol: NoOne at home knows what I look like anymore :lol: :lol: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back