Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarpetPythons.com.au

Reaction score
We are excited to anounce that we are the sole distributor of the S.I.M. Incubation Container by Squamata Concepts in Australia!!!

The S.I.M. stands for Suspension Incubation Method relating to how the eggs are incubated on a grid off the substrate. This prohibits direct contact with a wet substrate and allows approximately 100% gas exchange between the container environment and the egg membrane.

Eggs incubated buried in dampened substrate are subjected to excess water which often results in drowned egg(s). Also in contrast to this, too little water or humidity results in egg dessication.​

3879581223_a3ec32449c_o.jpg

Eggs incubated in the S.I.M. are surrounded top, bottom and sides by air. The steady humidity and (possibly) better Oxygen absorption in these containers allows neonates to develop faster resulting in shortened incubation times.

Clutches incubated in this container have all hatched earlier than when buried in Perlite at same temperature. All neonates hatched fully developed without egg yolks.

The triangular bars that you see on top of the grid are the eggs stabilizer bars. The function of these bars is to keep eggs from rolling or being uprooted by clutch mates and they arefully adjustable to fit just about any egg size.

As you can see the SIM incubation containers are crystal clear. The idea behind them being so clearis so the eggs can be visually monitored without having to guess.

The grid is designed to keep hatchlings from entering the substrate chamber. For keepers who
incubate over water, this feature ensures hatchlings are safe.

The lid is soft TPU that fits the container base without being difficult to remove and upset the contents.
We suggest venting the lid by adding a few small holes to avoid an air tight situation.

Each container is 20.32cm L x 17.14cm W x 11.00cm H. I fit 9 carpet python eggs per container with ample air circulation.

A larger size is currently being developed.The larger size will have the following dimensions 30.48cm L x 20.32cm W x 15.24cm H.

I'm sure there are some of you that will say "I can make that myself", the truth is why would you want to, if they are already priced right?

These containers will be landing in Australia in about a month or less. Pre-orders will get $5 of the retail price of $35.

Best Regards

Nicole and Chris Cronin

3880378720_5290a6e9b0_o.jpg

3873216894_413a403f58_o.jpg
Varanus tristis hatching.

3778659378_99bdd2ea13_o.jpg

Hi nicky,

Will pm you ones we sort out how many will be ordering, excellent product for sure and a must for amateur and experienced breeders.

Leigh

Does this water method suit all pythons???
BHP's?

boa on here incubated womas using the water method last season with no probs. I'm sure others have too.

As for bhp eggs fitting into them, that could well be a different matter...

A friend of mine actually linked me to photos of these the other day. They look great. Unfortunately for me, I expect most of our eggs will already be out and in the incubator by the time you land them.

It's not about making a killing. This product will improve anybodys chances to hatch eggs succesfully. It makes hatching reptile eggs easy. They can also be used as a container to keep hatchling green pythons in.

What if the eggs are clumped together?
Can you turn the grid over so the stabilizers are faced downward?

Also how much condensation would drop from the lids onto eggs?
I can see mould issues occurring if not aired out frequently.

Last edited:
So by look of it,they can be used either with Perlite,vermiculite or even the water method.It looks pretty basic BUT a wonderful design,especially with the grooves so the eggs dont roll..As already mentioned,what about if the eggs are clumped,not all notice the eggs till its too late to seperate...

I have never torn an egg from seperating a clutch. As long as you roll them gently to pry them apart. Droplets don't form on the lid. Why would this container need to be aired more? And fungal problems occur where the vermiculite is contaminted from the start. The rails on the grid just clip into the grid and can be removed.

Using 100% water as a substrate would create more condensation then moist vermiculite or perlite etc wouldn't it? All incubating containers have condensation, thats just what happens when you heat moisture in a contained enviornment. Being a flat top I would expect it to form on the lid & drip for that reason concaved dome lids would be better in my opinion as the condensation would run down the sides of the walls back into the holding water rather then drip onto the eggs. The design is great in theory but can be improved, however even simple maintenance will overcome the above issues, and this is why I would be inclined to air out regularly & help discipate condensation as well as add fresh oxygen & decrease risk of mould from wet eggs. JMO though...

Have you actually used these yourself?
Or are you just relying on what the supplier has reported to you?

Last edited:
Where abouts are you Nicole??

How much approx would postage be etc????

I have an incubator full of them and will only be using them from now on I have clutches of albino carpets in them. So to answer your question, yes I know what I am talking about.

these are quite intriguing!
but i have nothing to put in them yet :(
so will investigate more when the time comes :)

Just thought i would add some photos of the unit in action. It looks misty in the tub with the amount of moisture in the air. As i said small amount of condensation on lid but no dripping. There is condensation on the sides of the tub but this just runs back into the reservoir.
DSC02480.jpg

DSC02482.jpg

Carpet python eggs.
DSC02484.jpg

Bearded dragon eggs.
DSC02485.jpg

DSC02486.jpg

DSC02487.jpg

DSC02488.jpg

DSC02490.jpg

DSC02491.jpg

Hello everyone,
My name is Gregg Madden... I am the co-designer of this product...

I just want to say how nice it is to see all of your comments and how nice it is to see how Nicole is putting the containers to use... The set up looks GREAT guys...

I saw a few folks asking about clumped clutches...

The triangular egg stabilization bars are fully adjustable and removable... So if you are not able or unwilling to separate eggs that are clumped, you can just remove the bars and put the clump directly on the grid...

Gregg Madden

Hello everyone,
My name is Gregg Madden... I am the co-designer of this product...

I just want to say how nice it is to see all of your comments and how nice it is to see how Nicole is putting the containers to use... The set up looks GREAT guys...

I saw a few folks asking about clumped clutches...

The triangular egg stabilization bars are fully adjustable and removable... So if you are not able or unwilling to separate eggs that are clumped, you can just remove the bars and put the clump directly on the grid...

Gregg Madden

Unfortunately they are way too small for a clutch of carpet eggs.If you could make some that were a fair bit bigger though?

Awesome, when will that one be available? (The larger ones i mean.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back