Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tubs look good, atleast with flat lids you could probably stack them ontop of each other if need be.

Anyway just curious about how you've got your beardie eggs pictured on page 2 i think it was. Looks like you've moved them since they were laid? I was under the impression they had to be incubated in the same position in which they were laid, or is this false?
Yes they do have to stay the same way up, what makes you think she moved them?

If you keep the temperature and volume constant you should also have a fixed mass of air, so it might seem strange to think of it, but we are still measuring the relative humidity (which is why we give it as a percentage, and that value is still relative to the maximum amount it could take at that temperature). If it was absolute (the actual water content), we would report it in different units - mass (or mols) of water per mass/mols of air.

...not that it makes any difference to the tub, incubation methods, etc.

You have very nicely shown how difficult humidity is to understand, and I have been trying for three or four years now to get my head around it, with only limited success.

I agree, its pretty simple in relation to incubation relative humidity is all that matters, most frog eggs are an obvious exception i can think of. While its nice to understand stuff from a nerdy POV, there is no point trying to complicate incubation with all sorts of irrelevant issues and complexities.

PS. Just realised how old this thread is

Last edited:
Yes they do have to stay the same way up, what makes you think she moved them?
thats why I said looks like you've moved them since they were laid?
Bearded dragon eggs.
DSC02485.jpg

Just added some fresh Bearded dragon eggs to some that has been in this container for 14 days.

DSC02522.jpg

DSC02524.jpg
Maybe thats how they were laid? But generally you get a few laid on angles etc, those look near laid out flat... I have also read somewhere in the past its ok to move them within a short time frame hence my curiosity :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back