Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a spotted, she was my first snake. I only ever intended to have one... 17 months later, and I have 5 :rolleyes: :lol: My second snake was a Murray Darling, also know as the Inland carpet python. He is a definite favourite in my house, and he's the snake I show people who aren't sure of snakes. He's VERY gentle, and there are now more people who I know that like snakes because of him. Murray's have a reputation for being very placid, but that's not to say there aren't any nasty ones, but I personally don't know of many. They average between 6-8 feet in length... I know 8 feet sounds like a lot, but with a temperament like theirs, it's ok ;)

Here's an article on them:

Untitled Document

Of course if you got a young bhp then as it grew so would your brother.
It wouldn't reach it's maximum length until your brother was a lot taller than he is now.

Also depends on meal frequency and size.
Kinda like little brothers : )

yeah, you could say that, as a juvi it will eat every 5 -7 days, as a young adult every 7 -10 days and as a adult once a fortnight maybe, thats what i was told. i spose it depends on your feed avaliability and rutiene and your snake,

Here is a female at 22 months...1.5m long and about 2.4kg close to full grown now.
She is fed at 7 day intervals and eats medium rats.
julie-minnie.jpg

great looking snake psimmo, she looks like mine except my one has a black head, hehe

2.4 kilo woma!! At 22 months!! And I thought I had over fed mine cause it's at 1.3kg at 22 months. That's crazy!!

Here is a female at 22 months...1.5m long and about 2.4kg close to full grown now.
She is fed at 7 day intervals and eats medium rats.
julie-minnie.jpg
beautiful snake! Size too big, nowhere near as big as carpet pythons. If we get it in say 2 Years by the time it's 22 months old my bro will be like 15 and have experience from my spotty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back