Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[QUOTE
Aussie 1

[/QUOTE]

That is a very cool snake! Any pics of it when it was young (yellow)?

just picked these two up, realy happy with them. The second one has got a red tail where the other one is black, is this normal?
Awsome thread, some realy nice snakes everyone. Keep em coming

Attachments

• DSC00004.JPG
    DSC00004.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC00008.JPG
    DSC00008.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC00003.JPG
    DSC00003.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
That is a very cool snake! Any pics of it when it was young (yellow)?

Here's a pic of it just turning green ...
AussieGTPs03-11-2011.jpg

That's an interesting shot Brett, it shows the thin light lite on the snake's back, which is present on every neonate as they come out the eggs (on natives that is). Sometimes those markings turn black but more often they don't, Some breeders thought, perhaps still think that this lightly coloured dotted line is an indication of the white line that appears after colour change. Not so, and buyers should not be fooled into thinking that they will end up with a snake with uninterrupted white line.
Thanks for posting the pic.

Couple more examples of black striping:
i-6DRJm6H-M.jpg
i-gr8QjCq-M.jpg

Last edited:
Brett, reach out for a permanent marking pen while the dots are still visible. LOL

I have been wanting to post in this thread for a while. Finally got a reason to this afternoon. Grabbed a quick photo before letting the little one settle in. Looks so robust compaired to the RSP hatchy.

Cheers Paul.
View attachment 238499

Nice one Paul! =) Fingers crossed for a girl hey?!?!

But i dont like what you are implying about my RSP hatchy! haha! ;)

Cheers,
Dave

Nice one Paul! =) Fingers crossed for a girl hey?!?!

But i dont like what you are implying about my RSP hatchy! haha! ;)

Cheers,
Dave

haha that didn't come out right....but you know what I mean it just looks like a ball of muscle.

I couldn't resist and had a peek before bed last night, and it gave me a little caudal luring display with its black tail. Very cool animal but I'll let it be for a few days now.

Cheers,
Paul

Last edited:
I was just stirring you paul - the rsp are long skinny things for sure!

I found mine would do odd things with caudal luring and would often have its tail nowhere near its head - one time was even pointing straight up in the wriggling while its head was pointing downwards.

Cheers,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back