Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RamsMice

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls got my thinking about snake bites
I really dislike the people that brag about getting bitten by a snake eg 'ohh I have been bitten by a snake it's dosent hurt it feels like a pin' by the way I'm not referring to anyone on this site referring to my friends and it's only a baby spotted and they brag I just think wait till a 10ft bhp,woma or jungle latches onto you then I'll see if you brag about it. How many people have been bitten by a decent size snake (please don't tell me how much it hurt) Lol.:D

Yer I kind of want to get bitten to know what it fells like but it's will hurt haha

9foot scrub on the neck/throat...walked into the aviary and under estimated the strike. food response bite aswell,she wrapped me up and didnt let go for 5 minutes.... 5 llooonnggg minutes of pain haha soaking her under the shower waiting for her to let go. ive got and have kept alot of scrubs and big snakes non have given me more of a scare then that time :)
ohh p.s also no. i didnt get photos of this as the person that was with me was trying to stop the snake from strangling me and i was too involoved in trying not to die hahaha! still my favourite species to own and keep and i just have more respect for them since that time almost 5 years ago :) smit.

Last edited:
ohhh. the whole time i just had my mouth open while reading this lol. that would of hurt. ouch right on the throat and then continued with getting strangled now that something i dont want to experance. and dont worrie i believe you, its will probley happen to me one day or similar (hope not ahha)

im not worried about being tagged at the moment all my snakes are too small to worry about.. except mr water python he loves having a shot at me but never landed one he wont bite the arm thats holding him but he'll have ago at your other arm.. its only a matter of time b4 he hits the mark..

thats one snake i dont want to get bitten by because after watching that news were they were trying to catch a massive water python and it bit his leg and did some nasity damage im worried about them lol

haha some ones very hungry tonight he thought the camera look good but then notice the rat and gobbeled him lol. thanks for posting the vid

i think you saw my thread.. he was an adult jungle.. but it wasnt a proper bite.. it was more of a nip.. he didnt hold on or anything.. just happened so fast i didnt even realise.. im sure it was just a defensive warning bite and he didnt want to inflict serious harm.. he knew i wasnt a prey item so i guess thats why he didnt hold on.. its not like he was subduing a big hairless pink arm lol.. ive seen some pics on APS where the snake bit the guys finger then proceded to start swallowing his finger..lol.. till it got to the knuckle!

yer i did see your thread thats were its remind me of my friends braggin about getting bitten by a baby spotted. but yeah your jungle if it did get hold that would of hurt but by the sound of him, he seems pretyy clam. but wow! bit his finger then proceded to swallow his finger nasty lol

I very stupidly did something one day that resulted in a feeding bite from a retic over 5 metres long
Cleaning out newly empty rat cages
Must have wiped hands on my head as it was a stinking hot day and I was sweating like a pig
Washed hands and changed before walking into the display
Retic was sitting on top of her viv about 5ft above ground with about 1 metre out of her hide up there
Hit back of my head and started to wrap and lift me
Got a hand up in front of my face and that stopped her choking me but dislocated my arm
Stood on another low viv and pushed back hard as I could to stop any more coming out of the hide so she couldnt wrap me up any more
Retic let go after far too long and just unwrapped my arm as well and proceeded to ignore me like nothing had happened
Power of that snake was unbelievable when in feeding mode

Now no snakes over 3metres are allowed out unless 3 staff are present
That retic was before and still is an absolute pussy cat and plays with kids a couple of times each week
We often take her schools for educational talks

Pythonbite011.jpg
A large python was responsible for this loss of claret, I imagine this one would have hurt.
There is a nice vid on youtube of a guy, Brady or something , getting bitten on the face by a wild boa, so funny when the person getting bit is such a knob.

Been tagged by a 4 1/2 foot adult woma, and let's be serious here - it does hurt, and quite a bit. Feels like 100 needles going into your hand at the same time. All those nerve ends in your hand all start screaming at the same time, it doesn't feel good, let's be serious.

But being tagged by a 5-6 foot water python was even more painful. I got bitten about 3 times in quick succession, my hand was covered in blood after all was said and done and the nerve ends were screaming like crazy, it wasn't pretty. Also been tagged by a diamond, about same length, and it hurt as well. Bites generally do hurt, so that shouldn't surprise anyone. Those who say it doesn't hurt have never been bitten by a substantial size animal. Until they do they shouldn't say anything as they don't really know. I'm a pretty tough guy as well, so it might surprise you when I'm telling you that bites do in fact hurt.

Always best to learn respect for your animal, and if the animal doesn't want you touching it, then best to keep your distance. If it's hungry, feed it. The same old advice.

Ohh there is some nasty storys there. The power of snake is just unbeleivalble. Yes one day a atleast 5ft snake tags him and he'll probley cry. Then him might stop being a toughy over a baby spotted

Been tagged by a 4 1/2 foot adult woma, and let's be serious here - it does hurt, and quite a bit. Feels like 100 needles going into your hand at the same time. All those nerve ends in your hand all start screaming at the same time, it doesn't feel good, let's be serious.

But being tagged by a 5-6 foot water python was even more painful. I got bitten about 3 times in quick succession, my hand was covered in blood after all was said and done and the nerve ends were screaming like crazy, it wasn't pretty. Also been tagged by a diamond, about same length, and it hurt as well. Bites generally do hurt, so that shouldn't surprise anyone. Those who say it doesn't hurt have never been bitten by a substantial size animal. Until they do they shouldn't say anything as they don't really know. I'm a pretty tough guy as well, so it might surprise you when I'm telling you that bites do in fact hurt.

Always best to learn respect for your animal, and if the animal doesn't want you touching it, then best to keep your distance. If it's hungry, feed it. The same old advice.

I'd have to agree with this one. I've never been tagged by anything bigger than a juvie coastal myself, but the only time I've ever seen my husband scream like a girl was when his big BHP girl mistook his hand for a rat, and he's not a softy. He still loves her though lol

9foot scrub on the neck/throat...walked into the aviary and under estimated the strike. food response bite aswell,she wrapped me up and didnt let go for 5 minutes.... 5 llooonnggg minutes of pain haha soaking her under the shower waiting for her to let go. ive got and have kept alot of scrubs and big snakes non have given me more of a scare then that time :)
ohh p.s also no. i didnt get photos of this as the person that was with me was trying to stop the snake from strangling me and i was too involoved in trying not to die hahaha! still my favourite species to own and keep and i just have more respect for them since that time almost 5 years ago :) smit.
That’s an excellent post ssssmithy and if you don’t mind, I’d just like to emphasise some important points.

1. Despite being highly experienced and taking all due care, it only requires one small momentary miscalculation for you to be caught out. So never think it won’t happen to me because I am too careful.

2. Whenever accessing the enclosure of or handling dangerous elapids or large pythons, never do so alone.

3. To remove a snake that is biting and won’t let go, immerse it in water.

Plus one from me:
4. Never let the head of a medium to large python, or elapid, come within striking distance of your face.

Blue

Last edited by a moderator:
I very stupidly did something one day that resulted in a feeding bite from a retic over 5 metres long
Cleaning out newly empty rat cages
Must have wiped hands on my head as it was a stinking hot day and I was sweating like a pig
Washed hands and changed before walking into the display
Retic was sitting on top of her viv about 5ft above ground with about 1 metre out of her hide up there
Hit back of my head and started to wrap and lift me
Got a hand up in front of my face and that stopped her choking me but dislocated my arm
Stood on another low viv and pushed back hard as I could to stop any more coming out of the hide so she couldnt wrap me up any more
Retic let go after far too long and just unwrapped my arm as well and proceeded to ignore me like nothing had happened
Power of that snake was unbelievable when in feeding mode

Now no snakes over 3metres are allowed out unless 3 staff are present
That retic was before and still is an absolute pussy cat and plays with kids a couple of times each week
We often take her schools for educational talks

woah thats crazy! i cant believe you can get these so easily in other parts of the world and even placid one can do this from a little mistake =S

i only have a bubby bredli so no fun stories =[ although i am getting a rsp and they have huuuge teeth! hopefully its nice and placid =]

i have been attacked by a blind koala though... now that was bad

My coastal/not sure (I really am sure of its locality or the purity of its blood but I suspect it has some jungle in it), is maybe a little over a meter and a half not so big but more than a baby stimmy or something. He does not hurt yet at least not the initial bit and any pain after a couple minutes only lasts a couple minutes. Apart from the one time he bit me and wrapped my arm trying to eat it, that time did hurt.

He bites me every single time I hold him so I don't hold him to much, just enough so that he is enough used to it only to bite maybe once or twice not repeatedly (as he used to do) over and over again if I do have to get him out some time.

He is just a snake that does not like being held. I am not bragging about it at all, just saying to me the pain is minimal and does not cause any real 'unpleasantness'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back