Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
URS always write back to me - usually the same day... Pails usually takes at least a week... There's no point calling Pails either because 75% of people that answer the phone don't know what the hell you're talking about. URS is pretty much the best to deal with I've found...

As for Snake Ranch - I wanted a pair of Childreni from them but seeing as though they won't get back to me then I'm looking elsewhere... And I don't think it's up to me to chase them up ...

Well, I contacted Snake Ranch this afternoon with an enquiry and they have already got back to me with a very pleasant and helpful reply! :)

I still say... Go the animal lover who breeds for the 'art' and not to make money! Woo!

I just think it is generally typical of business today not to reply to email enquiries. The number of times I have sent emails to various companies and never receive a response. I invariably go elsewhere if they can't bother. Only a few weeks ago I booked a car detail on the Internet from a well known Australian company. Had a nice form to fill out on the Internet. I waited on the day that I had selected, no one turned up. When I phoned them the reply was "you are better of phoning, we don't look at that form"! Why have it there then!! If they can't be bothered responding to me I can't be bothered doing business with them.

PAILS FOR SCALES took 2 weeks to finally get back to me. and still dont answer questions. so therefor i cant be bothered.
the ONLY person i will deal with from a reptile store is Tim Mensforth from URS hav brought from him a few times and will continue to do that. he is great. and gets back to you pretty much immediately

I think this thread just shows people are treated differently by different breeders, that's how it works in all walks of life.

I think this thread just shows people are treated differently by different breeders, that's how it works in all walks of life.

Seems to be the case Boa
which is very odd to me , my money is as good as yours or any body elses for that matter .
I can understand if it was a "back yard " type breeder who may choose to be more selective to who he sells too , but these guys are a bussiness as far as i know and are not going to do that well if they don't bother with a majority of their would be customers ... as seems to be the case judging by this thread .
Any way hopefully they will sort out their customer relations and do well , but i don't think i'll bother with emailing or ringing them again .

There is one thing to consider with Snake Ranch, They have chosen to start their web site and push their name out there with sponsorships. But their time has been spent sourcing the blood lines they want to specialize in so they have only just started to breed alot of these and are probably still keeping most for breeding stock. That only leaves a few for sale and I don't think they could be covering the bills yet so I would guess the addition of a full time sales/customer service person would be a few years off and leaves the ones that feed and clean to answer your emails in their spare time. SR probably won't be selling it's best reptiles until they have an assured supply so I wouldn't expect them to have all they are showing for a couple of years, but you never know it may be worth asking.

I'm not saying that applies to any of the breeders mentioned as I have only had good dealings with them all. I also know that I have had emails disappear into cyberspace never to be seen again so I would be too hasty with criticism until it is known the person in question received the message.

Seems to be the case Boa
which is very odd to me , my money is as good as yours or any body elses for that matter .
I can understand if it was a "back yard " type breeder who may choose to be more selective to who he sells too , but these guys are a bussiness as far as i know and are not going to do that well if they don't bother with a majority of their would be customers ... as seems to be the case judging by this thread .
Any way hopefully they will sort out their customer relations and do well , but i don't think i'll bother with emailing or ringing them again .

well Boa, I can gaurantee my emails were all recieved and I was sending them directly to a founder of the Ranch, as well as talking to them regularly...

And Bert, as far as haveing a sales rep, they do already... well by title anyway.

I'm not saying that applies to any of the breeders mentioned as I have only had good dealings with them all. I also know that I have had emails disappear into cyberspace never to be seen again so I would be too hasty with criticism until it is known the person in question received the message.

Fair enough mate , sometimes they will just disappear into cyberspace , and i hope that is the case as i wish the guys the best sucess with their business , i dont think i was being to critical of them , i just choose look else where for now thats all.

Ive diverted my buying away from businesses such as the snake ranch and URS as i find the best quality animals are from the private breeders that make a name for themselves WITHOUT having to go the whole nine yards and advertise all over the place. look at TrueBlue for example, he has built a good reputation selling quality PRIVATE bred animals and this is something a business loses. when you have a shop or warehouse to lease out, bills and employees to pay i think they lose touch with why they got into reptiles in the first place. im not saying this is the case with snake ranch or URS but some people i have delt with from URS have been vrey rude to me in the past and i no longer wish to deal with them at all and i take my business to a more worthy privare breeder, but not in all cases these private breeders will give you the time of day, and that includes a few ive tryed dealing with off this forum but i wont be naming names. (lol not TrueBlue he is a fantastic guy who will answer ALL your emails and PMs no matter how silly your question may be)

if anyone is really serious about buying a snake anyway why would you email them? i know i dont even like checking my email and im not running a business
you will notics on the snake ranch site that it says "Phone 0420 985 770 or direct enquiries relating to Snake Ranch to [email protected]." call them! they have an excellent salesperson who is very happy to answer all your questions and you will more than likely get your snake alot quicker
because email isnt answered directly its probably not the best sales tool when compared to a phone so be realistic on your own behalf when buying a snake
ive bought a carpet python off them and called yesterday to enquire about another one and i could have had it shipped to me within a week if i wanted
also the stock provided is excellent
i am very happy with my carpet from snake ranch. very nice colouring/pattern, eats well, sheds like ive written it on the calendar, and very friendly
i dont know why everyone else seems to be having troubles with them?

Shush !!!!
Be quiet , don't say anything like that .
Its called BAD BEHAVIOIUR .
You might not be able to access the chat area now .
LOL
Thats what ive been hit with.
when does it expire ???
Basically who cares :D

if anyone is really serious about buying a snake anyway why would you email them? i know i dont even like checking my email

Because email is now a very accepted form of communication. I am a shiftworker and I often post email's at all hours, when it is convenient to me. If they don't want you to contact them by email then don't advertise your email address!!

Because email is now a very accepted form of communication. I am a shiftworker and I often post email's at all hours, when it is convenient to me. If they don't want you to contact them by email then don't advertise your email address!!

i meant it as though you can choose when to reply to an email as opposed picking up a phone when it rings and answering the question within 1 second of it being asked as opposed once again to anything more than 5 minutes
and 5 minutes only applies if the email is recieved immediately and replied to immediately
it isnt as efficient as phones and wont be for a long time and i hate to let you in on that mr technology

I love tim (who is the breeder/manager for ultimatereptilesupplies) he was so helpful and lovely about it all, and they'll hold them for you for quite some time while you await your movement advice from slack governments. I don't know what their reputation for animal quality is, but i'm a newbie so i wasn't looking for anything hugely exotic. Lovely people though. Great customer service.

Hm, I think I may have discovered the secret to contacting Snake Ranch:

Get the person who you are contacting's name wrong the first time you send the email.

It really works!:lol: I've been getting replies within about 2-3 days of sending the email, a lot faster if sent during business hours. I've even had them contact me unprompted, asking if my license had arrived yet (which it hasn't).
I'm going ahead with purchasing from them, they haven't given me any trouble.

Maybe you email has a spam blocker and isn't accepting their emails? (Sorry if someone's already suggested that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back