Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and i hate to let you in on that mr technology

Well, I'm afraid mate that is the world we now live in!! Companies that don't embrace technology will be left out in the cold. Like it or not!! I may not want an immediate reply, but it would be nice to at least get one!

Last edited:
if anyone is really serious about buying a snake anyway why would you email them? i know i dont even like checking my email and im not running a business

Because I find ringing someone on the phone intimidating and find email a non personal way to communicate. Why have an email address there if they dont' want to respond to emails? That statement makes no sense whatsoever...

At the end of the day it all comes down to good customer service with any business - Australians are becoming very much like the USA when it comes to customer service, i.e. they expect good customer service, friendly staff & a quick response to questions whether it be via email, phone or fax when it comes to purchasing & these days with alot of stuff only available in capital cities, many regional locations depend on shopping on the internet.

If your prepared to have a webpage & accept all forms of communication in & out then there is no reason why a person shouldn't respond within a timely fashion to a possible CUSTOMER. If there is no time to then that means you need more STAFF to cater for it.

Seriously though if you were going to spend $1000+ on something wouldn't you want good service?

this is getting absolutley ridiculous
someone just admitted they dont want an immediate reply so then whats this whole thread about then?
whoever said that is just plain stupid
secondly
whoever said they find talking on the phone intimidating, maybe keeping snakes just isnt for you then huh?

whoever said they find talking on the phone intimidating, maybe keeping snakes just isnt for you then huh?

That's a rather abstract comment, isn't it?

In this day and age many people prefer to communicate (at least initially) via email when contacting a business with an enquiry. I know I certainly do. If I'm at work and can't get to the phone (particularly when personal calls are discouraged/not permitted) then it only takes me two minutes to type up a quick email and shoot it off. Seeing as I work 9-5, it's often difficult to catch businesses on the phone because by the time I get home they've already closed for the day.

If a business is going to advertise an email address for customer enquiries, one would expect them to check and respond to emails in a timely fashion (and no, 2-3 weeks later does not constitute "timely"). So while most of us do not expect a response within thirty seconds, nor do we like waiting weeks on end for a simple response to a simple enquiry. I think that's the point.

Having said that; I've contaced URS, PFS and Snake Ranch with enquiries in the last week. URS got back to me within five minutes and PFS and Snake Ranch both responded within 24hours *thumbs up*

this is getting absolutley ridiculous
someone just admitted they dont want an immediate reply so then whats this whole thread about then?
whoever said that is just plain stupid
secondly

why would you say some one is stupid cause they said they did not want an immediate response ??? ......not that i read that any where .
so what if some one is intimidated by the phone , does not mean he should not keep animals .
not sure this whole thread is ridiculous ...but some of them comments certainly are .:rolleyes:

The bottom line is that these guys offer email service and do not ALWAYS provide it ,,, simple .

I find email better than phone for first contact unless contact is needed immedietly. With email you don't have to find a time when you are both available and I always end up forgetting to ask a question I was meant to ask on the phone, but email can give you more time to get everything right. Plus if you want pics email is usually best anyway.
If they offer an email service, they should reply within 48hrs unless its a weekend/public holiday. Otherwise they may as well delete the service.

That's a rather abstract comment, isn't it?

In this day and age many people prefer to communicate (at least initially) via email when contacting a business with an enquiry. I know I certainly do. If I'm at work and can't get to the phone (particularly when personal calls are discouraged/not permitted) then it only takes me two minutes to type up a quick email and shoot it off. Seeing as I work 9-5, it's often difficult to catch businesses on the phone because by the time I get home they've already closed for the day.
its not abstract
how can you find talking on the phone intimidating and keep snakes as pets?
i suppose unless you think the snakes are for protecting you from "the other end" of the phone
you may think thats an abstract comment and i suppose it is but its also sarcastic
the fact is what you have said above i can understand, and i do understand why people use email and i acknowledge that its there as a form of communication but im saying dont come on here and start bagging every business cause they dont reply straight away when you havent even tried calling them
its just really illogical

why would you say some one is stupid cause they said they did not want an immediate response ??? ......not that i read that any where .
so what if some one is intimidated by the phone , does not mean he should not keep animals .
not sure this whole thread is ridiculous ...but some of them comments certainly are .:rolleyes:

The bottom line is that these guys offer email service and do not ALWAYS provide it ,,, simple .
dickyknee - why did you name yourself dickyknee?? was it because you wanted to show everyone here that your opinion doesnt count? or was it just pure coinicidence to concur with the fact that you are retarded?
i put this to everyone who wants to reply to anything ive said in the future
if you dont know what you are talking about please dont say anything at all
cause it just makes the thread even more stupid than it already is
thanks

its funny all of you seem to think you are all experts on business here but unfortunately none of you are running one
when you all do cause you are all experts then let me know so i can make sure i shop at your perfectly successful business that noone would ever have a bad word to say about it

i can see a holliday coming for you mixmaster......you cant go around calling people retards.

LOL

Donk

LOL @ donk. i was thinking the same thing
enjoy your aps holiday mate. name calling isnt tollerated here.....

woohoo for your dad
is he complaining on here?
i say NO
did he win a business award?
i say NO!
go away before i slap you with all "my dad" talk

its funny all of you seem to think you are all experts on business here but unfortunately none of you are running one
when you all do cause you are all experts then let me know so i can make sure i shop at your perfectly successful business that noone would ever have a bad word to say about it

I don't think you know enough members to suggest no one is running their own business. What business are u in again?

I don't think you know enough members to suggest no one is running their own business. What business are u in again?

the knob business......................................................................door knobs that is:lol: .

woohoo for your dad
is he complaining on here?
i say NO
did he win a business award?
i say NO!
go away before i slap you with all "my dad" talk

Eh?

You said none of us have any experience with a successful business but I did most of my dads admin work... responding to the emails...

He is a much better business man than you would ever be.

I also run the entire IT side of the new Macadamia Nut farm. I respond to all enquiries within 12 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back