Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all.

I've only been interested in snakes for a couple of years, ever since i went on my first holiday to Byron Bay and saw my girlfriend's dad rescue a large carpet from the tree above their guinea pigs :) I thought it was the most beautiful animal i'd ever seen.
Now my Girlfriend and i have moved to the Byron area, for her to be close to family and for me to be close to the snakes. I'm a volunteer at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary and I'm looking at doing venomous handling courses and all the relevant stuff to rescue snakes (and do it with the snake's best interest in mind) I'm not an expert at all, but i want to be some day!

My girlfriends parents have had him out to catch a brown, and he slammed its tail in a door (accident?) cutting the tail clean off. he then put it, bleeding, in a box with six or so other browns. They don't use him anymore. everyone I've talked to around here has a negative opinion of him.

Maybe a call to A Current Affair / Today Tonight maybe in order, they are always desperate for stories and have the ability to sensationalise everything beyond reality. If they run with then maybe one of the relevant authorities might become a little more interested in either reprimanding him or re-educating him on correct techniques ect. I will send an email with some links to them and let you know if I hear anything back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back