Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the original hobbo looking guy drunk?
It looked like a alcohol bottle on the fence?

Yea wat a tosser poor snake had no chance with a big meanie like him wish it had off bit him in the *** lol

A few years ago there was an article in the local paper about a large Coastal Carpet that was found in our local park, stabbed to death with a screw driver. :evil: Local snake catcher (Geoff Jacobs) said in the article that the snake was completely harmless and whoever was responsible would face a huge fine.

Well people has anything been done about this? I think we should all meet sumwer and go for a road trip think about it it would be fun to see this "snake-man" get a good floggin. Are you's up for it or what?

What a nutjob... 2000 snakes he said.. half of them were probably dead or dying before he got the job done...
The snake aggressive/defensive?!?!.. noooo.... why would it be that.. surely the snake has no reason to be that... grrr... throw in half a dussin tipans in his flat and see how well he handles that...

//Nick

Has anyone realised that he could (and most likely is) lieing? He probably hasn't caught many snakes, and therefore wouldn't know what he's doing. Also, I seriously doubt he actually cares about the snake, and if the video was another to go by, I'd say he just enjoys the publicity.

Also, when it states in whichever link it was posted by ssssnakeman I believe (if I'm wrong, please correct me) that he is $10 000 in debt, he could be lieing there too. He could be playing advantage to people's sympathy just to get more money.

I don't actually know, but it makes a little more sense than he wants to "help/save" them.

just watched that video

I am a registered snake catcher for queenslands parks and wildlife and what i just saw was totally unbelievable i dont care how many he has caught he is a total idiot the bandage on his hand was the 1st give away and it just got worse from there .that poor snake i was hoping in a sick way it would bite him teach the idiot a lesson ..i use the jigger and bag system or if they are in a posistion to be easily tailed i use that i dont have them hanging around my neck nor carry on like that its straight into the bag and job done poor things are stressed out without all that carry on .anyway hello to all happy reptile keeping ....redbellybite;)

He should not b allowed to be a snake handler if that's the way he treats the snake he catches

what a dick head

What an absolute idiot. I wonder what he does with them when he gets them home... Bet he doesn't release them alive...

So I guess what we can take out of this should be he has caught more than 2000 snakes (browns as he states) and he still doesn't care enough about the to treat them humanely. Why show off. Seems someone doesn't really have many friends if that is all he can do. Mind you the clown with the work boots and the two brooms holding (crushing) the snake should also re-assess his holding technique.

snake killer

Hi - my name is Eve and I live in the Byron Bay area - I have been a snake handler for 7 years and my partner is a snake handler (over 40 years) and a born and bred Byron-ite ( yes scary I know) - George has been a thorn in our side for many years - I can tell stories that would curl your toes - but what I am after now is to find another YouTube of him - apparently he is 'rescuing' another human from a brown snake in the Sunrise Beach area in Byron - I have heard that in it he is trying to get the video-er to put the camera down - I would love to get hold of this clip and advertise it in the local paper - for too long this man has been terrorising and ripping off Byron folk - he has a huge band of supporters because he scare the b'jingos out of them with his 'this snake will kill you - don't leave the house without a bandage around your wrist' carry-on

I have searched YouTube and cannot find the clip - anyone seen it

fangx

Eve

He looks like a wanna be super hero, like his style not !
"O no theres a snake on the road we better call george and tell him the correct location so he can run over it in his state of the art snake patrol first aid kit car killer machine" YEP THIS IS A JOB FOR SSSSNAKE MANNNNN TO THE RESCUE (lets not forget the indian music in the back ground)

Hi - my name is Eve and I live in the Byron Bay area - I have been a snake handler for 7 years and my partner is a snake handler (over 40 years) and a born and bred Byron-ite ( yes scary I know) - George has been a thorn in our side for many years - I can tell stories that would curl your toes - but what I am after now is to find another YouTube of him - apparently he is 'rescuing' another human from a brown snake in the Sunrise Beach area in Byron - I have heard that in it he is trying to get the video-er to put the camera down - I would love to get hold of this clip and advertise it in the local paper - for too long this man has been terrorising and ripping off Byron folk - he has a huge band of supporters because he scare the b'jingos out of them with his 'this snake will kill you - don't leave the house without a bandage around your wrist' carry-on

I have searched YouTube and cannot find the clip - anyone seen it

fangx

Eve

Will keep an eye open for the clip Eve
If I lived near him he would have certainly heard from me by now..
Any information you can provide about him can be sent to me via
[email protected] or posted here.
Baz

Will keep an eye open for the clip Eve
If I lived near him he would have certainly heard from me by now..
Any information you can provide about him can be sent to me via
[email protected] or posted here.
Baz
seriously something needs to be done about him asap maybe even contact peta etc or a petition to have whatever permits he has revoked im sure we could get enough signatures if we tried. there seems to be quite a few animal welfare and wildlife groups in his area. maybe even get the irwins etc involved.

http://www.heartofbyron.org.au/directory/animals.html

WHOEVER said the brown snakes need to be culled is as stupid as the ******** George the snake man ! for goodness sake why blame the poor animal HUMANS MOVE INTO ANIMALS TERRITORY where then are the snakes suppose to go? you morons that think like that need to move into a concrete block away from nature and you dont deserve to have any as pets....:evil:......just because its a venomous snake dont mean it needs to be culled !!!! i get so pee'd off ! I am a licensed snake catcher my only interests when i get called to a job is 1 my safety 1st and 2 the safest and most non invasive way of getting the snake into my bag .......I only get money for my fuel I dont make a profit my time is free Iam dedicating my time to save a snake from a stupid human who,s thinking is KILL IT ..........that George the snake man is an embarassment to all professional snake catchers ..........If I turn up and find that Iam dealing with a highly ven I go through a safety talk with the person that rang me .like :make sure either my mobile works or the land line is in working order,that in the case of me getting bitten I show the person where my 1st aid kit is and how to apply it if needed and when ringing 000 tell them that a licensed s/c has been bitten by an identified EASTERN BROWN so the hospital knows b4 I get there what anti -venine to have ...common sense is the 1st key to sucessful snake catching ....everything after that is concentrating on the reptiles movement etc .and I dont carry on after the snake is bagged like a friggen ape ....most times I find the people want to ask you questions which if I can answer 100% acuratly I will or I will tell them I can find out and get back to them .........and usually after they have a chat they realise that the venomous have just as much right to life as any other animal.........RBB

Last edited:
if you watch the snake is dead when he throws it around his neck and trys to mesure it
no snake is that limp and quiet when being handled especially an exeptionally large and pissed off eastern brown the snake in the tub at the end is a different animal

all i can say is that if i ever got my hands on him his arms and knees would be bending both ways and then there would be an amusing youtube video about his ordeal

i didnt have my speakers on, but why the heck is he just standing on it... he is fat too so i wouldnt be surprised if it did die :(

i would have thought that he would get in trouble for stuff like this...
its pretty skrewed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back