Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cute little pics, although amusing,arent relevant to the issue either.
jmo.

awwwwww :( :oops: 8) :D Alriiiiiiiiiighty then...... 8)

This is an interesting read, and a few quotes to consider:

And he does it all voluntarily, only asking for a small donation to cover his petrol costs.

He doesn't seem to be doing it for the money, so you wonder what exactly is his motivation? You'd think the local Bingo hall would be an easier way to have a chat over a cuppa?? 8) Could he really care about the animal but is just clueless in their handling?

George has also received financial help from the Popular Cafe in Mullumbimby.

Mr Leary said George provided a fantastic service to the community.

saving the State Government hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

"If George dropped dead tomorrow this shire would be in big trouble," Mr Leary said.

Luckily for George he has never been bitten by a snake, but nearly died three years ago when he was bitten by a funnel web spider.

Despite the occupational hazards of his job, George loves what he does.

"I get a real thrill out of it, but I also have a lot of respect for snakes," he said.

If you would like to help George financially you can call him on 0407 965092 or send a cheque to George Ellis, PO Box 376, Mullumbimby, 2482.

I'd be thinking long and hard before anyone picks up the phone and starts bagging this guy out. At the moment he's probably the best chance some of these snakes have of surviving - and I know that seems surprising. The best on approach would be a sensible talk about his techniques (maybe he's not fully aware of what damage can be done doing what he does with the tongs? - eg the equivalent of being run-over by a car!). Personally I think he'll be set in his ways as his "technique" has left him bite free after what had been quoted a year ago as:
George started his ’snakeman’ business in November 1996 and in that time has caught nearly 4,500 snakes including 1746 Eastern Browns, 219 Red Bellied Black snakes and 94 Rough Scaled snakes.

The council loves him, the local population seems to love him, I think he's not going to be a big one for listening, but who knows???

The brain power in that video is amazing, what a complete and utter fool!

He looks to me like he has had an 8 hour bender on the grog. What's with the collapsing to his haunches after the 'catch'.

If he turned up to my house like that, I would die laughing.

Personally one less brown couldn't do any harm. They have even turned up on the gold coast beaches recently. I'm talking surfers paradise. I think what is needed is a brown snake cull. Before you get all defensive, remember that the red bellie black populatuion is serverely lowered due to cane toads. I'm only talking a once off. If it does not happen things could be pretty bad in years to come.
Ragin

Even if what you're saying is justified, the mistreatment of an animal is not.

Personally one less brown couldn't do any harm. They have even turned up on the gold coast beaches recently. I'm talking surfers paradise. I think what is needed is a brown snake cull. Before you get all defensive, remember that the red bellie black populatuion is serverely lowered due to cane toads. I'm only talking a once off. If it does not happen things could be pretty bad in years to come.
Ragin

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh, Yup!

Thanks for your contribution, no, really...................Thanks.

Me thinks I hear a banjo aplayin'

I cant believe what I saw, U come across footage similar to that of amatures doing foolish stuff but from someone who regards themseles as a 'professional ',my god!
It makes me wonder what his background is.... Im sure they dont encourage those methods through wires, N.A.N,A, or FAWNA. and we sure dont tolerate it in the parks and zoos.
I just hope that kids who watch that dont see that as 'the way to catch snakes' or we could well see many more bites and fatalities each year.

omg this guy is a complete freak and yes you can slightly see where the bones are brocken... the thing that really buggers me is that he doesnt care about the snake he only cares about "lookin' like a pro".. just a massive tool tryin to catch snakes but injuring them instead..

All of the standing, use of the grapling tool and pining tool was all over done and unnecisary. with a 70-80kg bloke standing on me i think id have broken ribs too.

haha i dont think i would have brocken ribs i know i will have brocken ribs plus im over double the size of that snake (not length but width) so he must of brocken ribs.. wat a loser (the snakeman)

the sad thing is these hippy weirdos who supposedly care about the environment support him:rolleyes: personally if i saw him id show him what it feels like to be a snake caught by him :evil: after id stopped laughing at his ridiculous attire that is :lol:

Hey, the bottle on the fence when he's trying to catch the snake - is that a beer bottle? And I wouldn't exactly say that the snake "tolarated" the whole standing on/jabbing thing, probably more "forced into."

has anyone tried calling/emailing him yet?? i called him before but then he hanged up on me cause i asked him how many snakes his killed? maybe we should send in this video clip to the RSPCA and see what they have to say..

God almighty :(, I just love the way they say it's a bit aggresive/defensive (G I wonder why). If your that dam afraid why do it?. Lol and yes love the bandages on the gloves, you can never be to prepaired for these things, does he actually cry at the end?. Then after all the comotion he's a hero at the end and wraps the poor snake around his neck. :0

My thoughts exactly! That plus the amount of time he took to eventually contain it just ta show off, very disappointing to watch people treating snakes this way :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back