Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabulous pics Rob, you have a flair for macro, beautiful Bredli as well...i am quite envious :) ..............................Ron

Thanks Ron,

I do love macro - shame that I don't have a good macro lens though - this was taken with one of the standard lenses in the 'twin lens kit' that came with my Canon 400D when bought it some time ago. It is a fairly entry level camera these days but have seen some amazing results from people who know how to use it properly - like most things they are only as good as the goose behind the lens!

The Bredli is a lovely boy. We were always keen on a Bredli but had particular tastes in what we wanted in terms of color/pattern and were not prepared to take the risk with a hatchy in case it did not turn out to our liking. We also wanted temperament given they can be a large powerful animal when fully grown. Was just a matter of waiting until what we wanted came up.

This fellow is extremely quiet and placid and not shy of people or attention. I can open his enclosure door of a night and pop my head in and kiss him goodnite on the top of his head without a flinch!

I couldn't even do that with the ex-wife!! :lol::lol:

Have to say after seeing pics of Bredli's etc. I am so very tempted to get one I just love the look of them :)

Haha......actually I have known of a couple that are the genuine spawn of Satan!

Mine is the worlds greatest sook......:lol:

I hear you. But if it wasn't for the 'spawns of satan' ours wouldn't look like such angels... Therefore there and no bad bredli :)

I like how you think.........:lol:

My 10 yo son (who has a fascination with Scrub Pythons) will try to apply the same theory to Scrubbies.....I don't think he will get that one past his Mother! ;)

Can't be bothered posting any pics of my Bredli, so I will type about them instead

1 female classic, with a dark tail and a red head called Rose. The laziest python I've ever met and almost a homey domestic pet, needs to be hand fed sometimes coz she's too lazy to grab the food so she just opens up and waits for me to put the food in, plus she loves a scratch under the chin, and has dressed up with me in my Hogwarts Griffindor costume more than once as a familiar!

1 female high red hypo called Poppy. She got me first place in the carpet pythons category at this years Sydney Royal Easter show, her breeder was happy! She eats anything you put in front of her thank god, just don't put your fingers near her mouth!

1 male hypo called Carnation. This one doesn't bite anymore, but he is still high strung, must have been a high gold Jungle in a past life! He is anotehr strong feeder.

1 female striped, I am going to call Daffodill, just put a deposit on her over at SXR. Will need to get a male eventually coz the striped gene for Bredli is recessive and you need two to tango!

thats all for now

I have some old pics in my folder here, but I can't be bothered uploading anymore, if you do want a pic of the hypo who won a ribbon, go ask Benshelley, he bred the animal so I sent him a brag pic

Here r some updated pics off my big girl
8811383386_0e62a4d15b_c.jpg

8811385856_acb2608a5c_c.jpg

8800799371_21ea3f79e9_c.jpg
8800796049_22d0fd1f84_c.jpg

This is my girl Sahara:

Attachments

• Sahara2.jpg
    Sahara2.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 102
  • Sahara.jpg
    Sahara.jpg