Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

absinthaddict

Not so new Member
Reaction score
ok so iv been stalking around reading the forums for awhile and have finally got the courage to introduce myself. My names Rachel. 26yo single mum of a gorgeous 7yo girl. i run a small business (and starting a second soon based on interest so far) and study off and on (mainly short courses in anything and everything that takes my fancy).
I'm here to meet new people and expand my pet collection along the way. Im currently the proud owner of a beautifully affectionate male b+g jungle python, a few large tarantulas, 2 funnelwebs, 1 trapdoor, mutitudes of scorpions, 10 siamese fighters, 6 mice (pets not food! :p) 2 green tree frogs and 3 cats (maybe more soon...too big a heart for a homeless feline). I'v had several years experience with reptiles thanks to my mum and previous housemate so im hoping to expand my menagerie with a large scrub or olive python (i have a massive enclosure thats been empty way too long), a GTP, some b+w jungles, a few more tarantulas, archer fish, lion fish and ...well...yeah the list goes on.... there should be pics of the various pets in my profile if it worked ok. My connection is a bit tempramental today so i wont push my luck by adding any more pics here :)

I do silly things on absinth.

G'day Rachel.

Sounds like you're building up a collection there. Not too sure about the spiders though.

Hi , I' m Sarah

Thats some collection you have !

Im a proud owner of 2 coastals, 1 bredli, 1 turtle, 2 beardies , 2 dogs. Its addictive isnt it .

I was delighted to finally find my belovered Bredli after 2 months on the weekend, pot luck because we were moving out the next day. She must have known haha.

I'm still new at all of this but i belive you can never stop learning. Enjoy the site!

Welcome,

Your house is huge :shock::lol:

Hi Rachel, you sound really interesting! Short courses are so much fun, I wish I could spend more time doing them. What are some of the courses you have done?
Everyone would enjoy seeing some pics of your collection when you get the chance. :)

lol yeah its a massive place to try to keep clean but kind of a neccessity if i want to keep all my pets and furniture.
um courses... done some various sewing/patternmaking courses, wine appreciation, massage and a few on handling various weapons. oh and one on buying antiques for some strange reason... like i need another way to justify shopping. really all over the place but they keep me occupied.
thanks for the welcomes everyone :)

Welcome Rachel!

Pardon my if i'm out of line saying this... but 26yr old single mum with a house like THAT, pray tell what business do you dabble in!? lol

you certainly have an impressive sounding collection, my advice is go with the Olive python! (and then the pthers of course) can't beat 'em :D

lol someone always asks eventually :p my business is out of the ordinary but nothing immoral or illegal i just found something i was good at that nobody else provided and went from there lol and...yeah...think ill leave it at that.
the olive is definatly sounding good so far just waiting for the right one to come along if anyone knows of a large pref female (but male ok too) up for grabs?

my business is out of the ordinary but nothing immoral or illegal i just found something i was good at that nobody else provided and went from there lol and...yeah...think ill leave it at that.

Well that's a shame, you wont be getting my business :lol: lol.

Welcome to APS, now to become a fully fledged member you need to argue with someone about hybrids, free handling elapids and call Sdaji's bluff on genetics.

theres 2 albums in my profile :) i was going to put some up in the thread but my wireles started getting overly tempramental just after i filled in my profile. when i get some new / better ones ill stick them up. any volunteers want to take funnelweb pics? god knows im not getting that close to her lol.

Welcome! I thought our place was big, but yours is huge! Thanks for posting the pics. That's a lovely black and gold jungle. Stick around and you may add to your collection... If I went for a huge snake it would definitely by an olive. I have a soft spot after handling a very gentle 2.5 metre wild one in QLD many years ago. Beware - a year ago we only had 2 snakes, but now there are 6! It's an addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back