Violence, drugs, alcohol abuse, crime in general.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
a cursory look at statistics suggests that for but one category of criminal offence, ourselves and our property are the safest we've been in a decade.
I'm procrastinating doing a uni assignment, so someone else can fully investigate this.
don't believe the media hype.

Your answer would be the real crime rate vs. the reported crime rate...linked to public perception and performance of current law enforcers/legal system.

Im no master but i am black belt in tai kwon do
Really? A black belt in a martial art you can't spell? Colour me dubious.

Plenty Of Threats, But Never been beaten, I tend to stay away from the scummy parts, Rather be at home, than at the hospital :p

Your answer would be the real crime rate vs. the reported crime rate...linked to public perception and performance of current law enforcers/legal system.

Really? A black belt in a martial art you can't spell? Colour me dubious.

File:Tai Kwon Do competition, UCD.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia depends where you come from and how it has been interpreted.
But you are half right, i practise in the art of self defence not spelling, and our gym is spelt Taekwondo. Thankyou for spellchecking me.

No, it's tae kwon do. Tae- strike with foot. I'm not sure dribbling rubbish can be classed as a martial art, but you certainly do have a black belt in that.

Actually, statistically speaking humans are living in a period of all-time low mortality rates and crime rates (and that includes statistics from World War 1 & 2).. All thanks to improved education, secularism, western medicine and so forth.. I hate crims, junkies and other low-lifes just as much as the next person, but really, we have it lucky (for now).

You could always go back in time and live in a tribe with a high mortality rate? (How does a life expectancy of 30 sound?)

Some years ago I read an article about crime, vandalism, youth being out of control etc etc....and guess when it was written......in the ... 1500s....yep, all that time ago....seems things haven't changed much in the 21st century !!

That article could have been written about the world today.

I remember when I was about 16, I bought my first bikini.....yes folks believe it or not, I was young and reasonably presentable once a long time ago...my mother didn't approve at all and said to me....well don't think I'm going to go down the beach with you when you wear that !!! Ummmm, like I bought the thing so SHEEEE would go to the beach with me.... N O T !!! DRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR !!! :shock: So in my time I was probably considered a bit naughty too...in fact I know I was considered the rebel of my family....looking back now, I was really sooooooo innocent !!!

Last edited:
Violence, drugs, alcohol abuse, crime in general, Grannie that was going to be the name
of my auto-biography!

Last week here we had a bloke in court. He'd taken his first acid trip and ended up in a 50 year old woman's front yard. She aked him to leave, he ignored her. She threatened to call the police, he punched her in the head until she lost consciousness.

The judge let him go "because he wasn't in a mental state to know what he was doing"!!!!!

Comment in the local paper- "I am taking acid tonight and when I meet a magistrate I will punch on, all OK?" ha ha

The judgement is being appealed by the Public Prosecuters but fair dinkum what planet do these "judges" live on?

The judgement is being appealed by the Public Prosecuters but fair dinkum what planet do these "judges" live on?

I agree with you there 110%. I could tell you some serious stories that would make your mind implode at the gross stupidity involved. Unfortunately, I'm bound by the fact that I wish to keep my job, so all I can do is shut my mouth, shake my head and nod vigorously in agreement here.

If its all too horrible, move to the bush! I did and will never leave. There is a large town nearby where I can get all the supplies I need (this includes frozen rats and cricket boxes) and a freeway next to said town straight to the city if I want to see my friends, go clubbing etc. Work is 20 minutes away so no issues there. But at the end of the day its a quiet, safe life at the back of the bush and here I shall stay :D Cities have become way too dodgy!!!!!!!!!!

If its all too horrible, move to the bush! I did and will never leave. There is a large town nearby where I can get all the supplies I need (this includes frozen rats and cricket boxes) and a freeway next to said town straight to the city if I want to see my friends, go clubbing etc. Work is 20 minutes away so no issues there. But at the end of the day its a quiet, safe life at the back of the bush and here I shall stay :D Cities have become way too dodgy!!!!!!!!!!

I hope to be doing exactly that sometime this year...

I only live in the middle of town or right out in the sticks. The suburbs are a coffin for the mind.

Well..I'm a security guard at a well known brisbane pub, so..obviously. I've seen pretty much every weapon and low, dog act you can imagine. Although, the place is a Lot better than when I started- mostly because everyone knows that if I find anyone dealing in the premises, the cctv goes offline and an unfortunate accident happens. But behaviour in general seems to have gone downhill in the last few years, especially among 'ladies'.

Hey..signature removed?? Damn you big brother!!!

security guards that do that crap should not be security guards!

Sent from my U8510 using Tapatalk

security guards that do that crap Are just as bad! trying to take the law into your own hands............your a security not a cop. i am not excusing the dealers but with an attitude like that your just as bad!

Last week here we had a bloke in court. He'd taken his first acid trip and ended up in a 50 year old woman's front yard. She aked him to leave, he ignored her. She threatened to call the police, he punched her in the head until she lost consciousness.

The judge let him go "because he wasn't in a mental state to know what he was doing"!!!!!

Comment in the local paper- "I am taking acid tonight and when I meet a magistrate I will punch on, all OK?" ha ha

Whilst I'm not sticking up for the guy, there's much more to accountability here, especially if someone is having a psychotic episode on 'cid and has
no idea what the hell they're doing.. Then again, it's often too easy to use that defense.

You'd be wanting to look at prior offences, or possibly even a toxicology report (a bit hard for lucy in the sky). Of course, ultimate accountability comes
back to a person not being able to handle their substance.

Just stating the obvious, I know.

security guards that do that crap Are just as bad! trying to take the law into your own hands............your a security not a cop. i am not excusing the dealers but with an attitude like that your just as bad!

Yep. I know of women being flattened by security guards for arguing with them at a well known "respectable" club here.
I lived with a security guard for 6 months and well, I now hate them even more and understand why people refer to them as 'toy cops'.

Incidentally, this security guard I lived with assaulted his girlfriend.

Not very reassuring, is it? And here I was thinking security guards are supposed to take a relatively neutral stance and act as a sort of mediator.

Last edited:
My mates and I go clubbing in the valley now because it's safer than clubbing in Toowoomba. Can you believe it?
In Toowoomba I've been pushed over on the ground by a guy that wanted to fight me (I'm only a petite thing) I've been threatened by a bouncer, punched by a random guy trying to start another fight and the last time I went out here, a guy was groping me continuously against the bar and when I told him to keep his hands to himself, he got his two mates and the three of them told me they were going to wait for me outside and beat me up. Oh, and I've been called a 'sl**' for not accepting a drink.
Toowoomba's awesome if you wanna go clubbing underage though because the bouncers here don't seem to comprehend what's in their job description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back