Violence, drugs, alcohol abuse, crime in general.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
security guards that do that crap Are just as bad! trying to take the law into your own hands............your a security not a cop. i am not excusing the dealers but with an attitude like that your just as bad!

Sent from my U8510 using Tapatalk

No, I'm not a cop- I've been affected by drug abuse, and any drug dealer I meet will be treated the same way, working or not. The police are powerless to do anything, and when they do it's impossible to get a conviction..which is why they're so 'supportive'.

Actually, statistically speaking humans are living in a period of all-time low mortality rates and crime rates (and that includes statistics from World War 1 & 2).. All thanks to improved education, secularism, western medicine and so forth.. I hate crims, junkies and other low-lifes just as much as the next person, but really, we have it lucky (for now).

You could always go back in time and live in a tribe with a high mortality rate? (How does a life expectancy of 30 sound?)

I think the absurdly high mortality rate had to do with disease more than crime and overall violence...Of course having some medieval war every 10 days didn't help the life expectancy but vaccines, improved sanitation, ability to filter water, soap etc are pretty much the biggest factors that increased life expectancy...Once we defeated Smallpox and reduced/defeated other diseases the life expectancy dramatically increased.

By the way nice avatar :) Love Hicks

By the way speaking of Smallpox......

Smallpox - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jesus Christ that is some messed up ****...Google imaging it is even worse.

Last edited:
No, I'm not a cop- I've been affected by drug abuse, and any drug dealer I meet will be treated the same way, working or not. The police are powerless to do anything, and when they do it's impossible to get a conviction..which is why they're so 'supportive'.

typical Guard mentality face it youd be a cop but you failed the sych test. Do you get to wear a fancy uniform and a badge i bet you even put a gun on ya hip and practise the quick draw in front of the mirror. All guards are big and tough on drunks while there mate guards have there backs get them on own and there a bunch of shirt lifters. Most guards think people are scared of them because there big and fat, big and fat just means your slower and run outa energy quicker when ****e hits fan, which it could next time i come to brissy just for a laugh, whats this famous pub that you rule over chickenlegs

Mortality rates are measured as the probability of a male dying at the hands of another male (due to inter-tribe wars/fights). We're talking sociological and anthropological statistics here compiled around violence among humans (ie preventable deaths caused by one person against another). Check out the links I posted.

But yes, technology, western medicine and so forth have all contributed to lowered mortality rates.

The irony of that situation is that our weapons are much more advanced and allow for much more swift killing (nukes, automatic weapons, guided missiles..), yet statistically we're still at an all time low rate of violence while including statistics/deaths from both world wars.

I'm usually the first to criticise, but western civilisation and modernity got something right.

Last edited:
typical Guard mentality face it youd be a cop but you failed the sych test. Do you get to wear a fancy uniform and a badge i bet you even put a gun on ya hip and practise the quick draw in front of the mirror. All guards are big and tough on drunks while there mate guards have there backs get them on own and there a bunch of shirt lifters. Most guards think people are scared of them because there big and fat, big and fat just means your slower and run outa energy quicker when ****e hits fan, which it could next time i come to brissy just for a laugh, whats this famous pub that you rule over chickenlegs

You are such a troll. Go back under your bridge.

I live in Brisbane and I think there is a dark side to most if not all suburbs, it's just a matter of being in that "scene" to witness the crime, drugs and what have you that goes on. Being quite young and by that I mean not married with kids, I am out on weekends being subjected to such acts of violence/crime in the clubbing areas. However anyone can have fun without being apart of it. It's how you hold yourself to others, If you look like an easy target you will most definitely be targeted but it works the other way to if you are one of those cocky over confident "jocks" you to will be targeted.

And I spit on that "rent a cop" up there who trys to play the tough guy card on drunk (extremely vulnerable) victims. People like you will have there day.

I live in Brisbane and I think there is a dark side to most if not all suburbs, it's just a matter of being in that "scene" to witness the crime, drugs and what have you that goes on. Being quite young and by that I mean not married with kids, I am out on weekends being subjected to such acts of violence/crime in the clubbing areas. However anyone can have fun without being apart of it. It's how you hold yourself to others, If you look like an easy target you will most definitely be targeted but it works the other way to if you are one of those cocky over confident "jocks" you to will be targeted.

And I spit on that "rent a cop" up there who trys to play the tough guy card on drunk (extremely vulnerable) victims. People like you will have there day.

You think I would be that stupid?

Like I said I live on an island 15km offshore, why on earth would I want papers for a snake I caught from the wild?

Your plan was to make me look stupid and you have achieved this. Thanks heaps Josh!

And here I was thinking you lived an idylic lifestyle on a tropical paradise.

Mate did you shift this weekend? I thought you lived on Straddie Island?

Haha mate Straddie is the place to be almost all year round..

I was referring to it's mainland whch is the bayside area of south Brisbane..

I was referring to your place of abode. Maybe your home is so large it encompasses
Brisbane and Stradbroke Island?

Last edited:
Just a wanderer of the lands far and wide..

not to sure where you are trying to go with this? I was commenting on they way in which I view Brisbane (being the closest pub/club precinct to yes you have hit the nail on the head Darlyn, Stradbroke..)

No you said "I live in Brisbane" whereas previously you said you live on Stradbroke Island
so I was just wondering which one it was. So that's where I was going.

I live on the main street of Darwin, across the road from the only 24 hr. stodge food shops. Oooeee do we see some sights. Our back balcony looks straight onto the main street so sometimes we watch the fights, etc but that gets boring so we go to the front balcony which overlooks one of the last bits of bush left in Darwin, no traffic noise, lots of birds and Countrymen singing to clap sticks. Sweet as.

Darwin was pretty cruisy not long ago. There's a lot of Army boys who would get pissed, smoke a few cones and giggle themselves into a stupor. Then came drug testing and methamphetamyne is out of your system in 24 hours so it became the drug of choice. There are some very pumped up angry ants on the streets these days. (I'm not hanging it on the army lads, they are good people but anyone under the influence can behave badly.) Then they banned drinking in the Communities so all the hard core drinkers moved into the bigger towns and brought all their issues with them.

I have a quiet beer on the balcony with the snakes. Or go bush. Lost all interest in night life!

your front balcony sounds like the place to be. i feel the faint stiring of jealousy in my soul :)

You're welcome to visit cobber. You'll have to clean up any beard droppings though, Dont want the bhp choking on furballs!

No you said "I live in Brisbane" whereas previously you said you live on Stradbroke Island
so I was just wondering which one it was. So that's where I was going.

My location also states Brisbane..

No arguments just easier for the sake of everyone else who might not even live in Australia to say Brisbane..
I am deeply apologetic for the mistake, I will do whatever it take to make sure such a thing doesn't happen in the future..

wow, how inviting for new comers to APS to have to deal with the like of you and your immaturity..

My location also states Brisbane..

No arguments just easier for the sake of everyone else who might not even live in Australia to say Brisbane..
I am deeply apologetic for the mistake, I will do whatever it take to make sure such a thing doesn't happen in the future..

wow, how inviting for new comers to APS to have to deal with the like of you and your immaturity..

Ha ha ha yes I am very immature, I apologise for that. It's because I am so young. I wondered if you lived in Straddie for work and
lived in Brissie on your off days. You don't need to be deeply apologetic, that's really not necessary.

Big, fat blokes hit harder and they don't need to run because you generally wont get up again, that's why they're on security. You'll have to trust me on this one, my mandible still clicks when I eat my cornflakes:)!

Maybe not, I'm generally on it. There goes the tranquility.

I'm assuming, along with the legendary pink knickers! Make sure you frame them before I come up. Here's hoping they're not Steves:)!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I worked for 7 years in Logan Qld as a Police officer before I saw the light and got out of there and moved out bush...much nicer.
Just in LOGAN district alone there are on average about 2000 calls made to comms per day! Some are rubbish jobs, but lots are serious. There are armed robberies weekely (if not more) and plenty of assaults/rapes/stabbings/child abuse/drugs etc that never make news.

Last time I checked Logan/Gold Coast have the worst crime stats in QLD.....as they say.....'PARADISE....a road out of Logan!'

That said where I work now has really revived my faith in normal people as the town is great and crime is so low compared to what I was dealing with before. And when I walk around town, people actually smile and talk to you...at Logan they look at you like you have 2 heads! LOL

j

I was doing some work at a court in Brisbane last week and felt like I was in gotham city (from Batman) there were that many messed up people coming in.
I live in Brisbane and don't see this side of things, I guess because I keep to myself and lead a quiet family life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back