We're all going to die (very soon)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"the bible"
....nice story but it belongs in the fiction part of the bookshelf

"the fact that so many well educated people can have faith in it."
.....just because many well educated people believe it does not make it true. There was also a time when the majority of well educated people believed that the world was flat!! I also note that you use the word faith which is defined in my dictionary as " a strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof."

"The fact that it has been around so long"....what has been around so long?

So you will have to do better than that!......can't be that hard...I only asked for one!

"On a side note can any one show me any hard facts that evelotion took place??"

Of course not....evolution is a theory and its not proven. There is however an enormous amount of information that supports the theory. In science you design experiments to try and disprove a theory not to prove it. I don't know of any experiments or observations that disprove the Theory of Evolution"

The Bible
HAHA!!!
its a book... was it written by "god"? no
was a massive game of Chinese whispers for 300 years after Jesus died, then they debated what was going in it?!
pretty much proves its a load of absolute crap.

So please, take your bed time fairy tales some where else

Iread it have you? No hard facts but thories, this to me is where religion and science start to over lap. I am guessing that most people refer to this book as religious people refer to the bible and most have read neither. I was a beleiver in evelution until I read this book.

I'd like people to remove religion from this equation - as religion is NOT what this machine is trying to disprove. People keep your spirituality intact and DO NOT get this thread closed because you want to argue god's existence.

I like this thread and I would like it to stay open.... Please open other threads to dispell or prove the existence of god.... Do I make myself clear????

Thank you.

As far as the LHC goes - some of my students believe we woke up in a new dimension this morning.

MODS - PLEASE DELETE RELIGION RELATED POSTS - But please leave this thread open (thanks).

Well why does science have the ability to be able to set up experiments with the intent to disprove something but god is not given this luxury?

Sorry I wasn't trying to take over the thread I will stop. the point I was trying to make was not really a religious one but more one that we shouldn't be calling people stupid or having problems for any reason thats all.

Explain then why we wear clothes? If we were not created by God what would we have to be ashamed of?

Thats one of the most stupid things iv herd, hardly makes sense, and the worse way to argue your point. Making it worse for yourself
God is real because we wear clothes?!

And sorry, went off topic, as Slim6y said, don't get it closed just like the stem cell research thread lol

You're contradicting yourself brother...you just said

"the point I was trying to make was not really a religious one but more one that we shouldn't be calling people stupid or having problems for any reason thats all"

and yet just a few posts back you said
"You would have to be an absolute idiot not to beleive in god"

You had a chance to put forward just one shred of evidence...I would have thought you would have dreamt up something stonger...and as such I remain a non believer.

I agree with Dan...thats hilarious .I'm not going to find a logical arguement here!

Lets get back to issues this thread raised initially.

I'd like people to remove religion from this equation - as religion is NOT what this machine is trying to disprove. People keep your spirituality intact and DO NOT get this thread closed because you want to argue god's existence.

I like this thread and I would like it to stay open.... Please open other threads to dispell or prove the existence of god.... Do I make myself clear????

Thank you.

As far as the LHC goes - some of my students believe we woke up in a new dimension this morning.

MODS - PLEASE DELETE RELIGION RELATED POSTS - But please leave this thread open (thanks).

GO MAKE YOUR OWN THREAD PEOPLE - I like this one to stay open - STOP YOUR RELIGIOUS TALK and begin PHYSICS!

Thats one of the most stupid things iv herd, hardly makes sense, and the worse way to argue your point. Making it worse for yourself
God is real because we wear clothes?!

And sorry, went off topic, as Slim6y said, don't get it closed just like the stem cell research thread lol

Not really stupid when you think about it, just easy for people to understand without getting to "deep" why did we start wearing clothes in the first place? because we brought shame on ourselves in front of God and seeked to hide from it. Is there another reason why we would wear clothes? No other animal or living thing in the world does and I'm sure evolution has nothing to do with deciding to hide ourselves, nor would any big bang theory (which started this religion discussion as it has to do with the thread) or other theory to why we are on earth and where we came from. I'd love to know another theory as to why we do wear clothes.

The idiot comment was as a bait to an earleier comment. I like to take the long way round when proving a point lol.

Just to bring Notorius-Guf's argument back into reality, we began to wear clothes to keep us warm.

Would we be waking up in a different dimention or just a different frame of the same dimension? Or does the existance of these small coiled dimensions provide the oportunity to move into another. Thats probably the part where i begin to not get the whole particle physics scene. How do the small coiled dimensions work, is there someone on here who could explain?

Are dimensions a part of physics? (not meant to be a smart alic comment) Do people actually study this?

Yes dimensions are a major part of physics of almost all levels. Not in the same 'different dimension' way but rather the means we use to explain the location of an object.

Yeah - the different dimension thing is in a way not just science fiction - again, we have to prove the existence of anit-matter etc - I suggest watching the LHC rap that sdaji put up hereon the second page - it will answer many of your questions in a Deborah Harry Rapture type of way....

The relative dimensions that physicists currently deal with are X Y and Z - maybe Einstein's Theory of Relativity will help you there.

Actually I have been meaning to do that. Where is a good place to find an explination of it I don't trust most web sights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back