What are your phobias?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oooooooh man holes in the house is a good one! i nearly went bonkers when my dad lifted the man hole in our old house to help air circulation once, freaked me the heck out!

other than that: the dark, being on my own (even in the daytime, have to have my dogs with me), spirits/ghosts/demons/call them what you may and SPIDERS! not so far as to leap out of a moving car, but did have an epic panic attack while driving when one crawled down the windscreen. oh and water, cant get into a swimming pool on my own, let alone a river or the ocean, not for any particular reason, just cant do it :S interesting thread this!

Never really had phobias. Animals, insects etc have never worried me (always tried to catch them). Anything that invloves heights, speed etc excites me (rock climping, sky diving and fast bikes and big waves make the world go around :) )

Though I can't handle having anything too tight around my neck. Stems from being strangled as a little kid

I work in swimming pool construction and when building waterfalls we have to move extremely large rocks (boulders) with excavators and chains. The sound of the weight crushing against eachother and the fact that every now and then a chain slips and a couple of tonne of boulder goes crashing into the pool gives me shivers. bigtime. I get those "someones walked over your grave" shivers.

I also have a phobia of feral people. I know that's not nice.

But whenever I see a guy with his jeans around his knees, a jumper six sizes too big, smoke scent stained clothes and a 'gangsta lean' walking towards me. Or a beat up 1980's station wagon with mismatched doors, blaring bassy rap music flying down the road. I freak out.

This town's overrun with people like that, hell I listen to gangster rap like them, but I dress sensibly in nice clothes, and I don't shout abuse at randoms.

If only there was a city without a bad side of town, here we call it the 'east end.'

My one real phobia is the dark. Can't handle it. The other thing that really freaks me out is sneezing in public. I hate it! Those are really the only two things I'm weird about lol

SNAKES, spiders and the thought of getting stuck in a cave crevice not being able to move and starving to death

SNAKES, spiders and the thought of getting stuck in a cave crevice not being able to move and starving to death

I think you're on the wrong forum haha xD

But I know what you mean, big snakes and vens annoy me, spiders scare the hell out of me.

What lizard's in your avatar? o_O

glad to read there's a few others out there that dont like being in crowds. its the only thing that ever freaks me out. Myer's city store on boxing day = HELL. Not being able to find the exit, getting stuck in the middle of a crowd. getting jostled and pushed from all directions. Aaaargh.
dont mind being in a stationary crowd, like watching a concert -but couldnt go into the mosh pit anymore. i used to though.

i also think i have a phobia of being broke. i mean no one wants to be broke, but i freak out (like woe is me, tears etc) if i realise i might get to the point of having less than a $500 buffer in the bank. never understood how people can get to the point of $20 til next pay cheque.

glad to read there's a few others out there that dont like being in crowds. its the only thing that ever freaks me out. Myer's city store on boxing day = HELL. Not being able to find the exit, getting stuck in the middle of a crowd. getting jostled and pushed from all directions. Aaaargh.
dont mind being in a stationary crowd, like watching a concert -but couldnt go into the mosh pit anymore. i used to though.

i also think i have a phobia of being broke. i mean no one wants to be broke, but i freak out (like woe is me, tears etc) if i realise i might get to the point of having less than a $500 buffer in the bank. never understood how people can get to the point of $20 til next pay cheque.

Sigh, I never have more than $25 on me at a time, if I do I spend it within the hour.

But then again, I guess I don't need it. I'm still living with my parents so life's easy xD

I am absolutely petrified of title waves\tsunamis!!! i live about 25 mins from the beach and i all ways think about them... cause they travel kilometers ARRRR!!!! scare tha crap outa me :( :( :(

i hate those full body costumes, they ones that are like rabbits ect.
also i hate dolls, anything with a human-like face and i have to move it from the room. once when i was little i was at a sleep over and had my mum come pick me up at 1am cos the girls mum collected porcelin dolls..

Have you seen the movie Donnie Darko ?

I think you're on the wrong forum haha xD

But I know what you mean, big snakes and vens annoy me, spiders scare the hell out of me.

What lizard's in your avatar? o_O
Yeah i am slowy getting over it, i can pick up and hold a python now, but wild elapids still send shivers down my spine.
Mind you if there is a piece of glass between us i am fine so i guess its really the wild aspect.
The avatar is a Toad-faced agama

Drop Bears scare the googlies out of me after a near miss as a child.

I am also scared of marriage. though that's more from experience than a phobia.

im not scared of any animal :/ but cockroaches are just icky and gross and need to die U_U

the only thing im scared of is failing at doing what i want in life, or not ending up happy. haha.

I't might seem very odd, but my 27 year old partner is extreemly scared of the dark. Can't even walk into a room at night without turning the light on.

Reptile freak the hell out of me ! :D just playing.... umm in all serious puppets scare me ... hate them and i dont really like bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back