What are your phobias?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flying, rollercoaster rides and the like, losing my mum or my precious baby Scarling, and Mike Myers (Halloween flicks) - bad childhood trauma mems there :shock:

Let me see...

I'm scared of germs (but I'm getting out of that)
I'm scared of roaches
I'm scared of nuns
I'm scared of the wiggles
I'm scared of that 'Bert' guy from Channel 9

But I'm rendered PETRIFIED of clowns :(

I don't like dots or circles....especially on clothing or anything I wear. I have a "square" watch, I won't wear clothes that have dots or circles, I don't like round furniture (tables etc). I can tolerate very few round things, the sleepers I wear in my ears are round, some round things can't be avoided, but I avoid them if I can.

Do you have Aspergers?

sharks! the big man eating ones, nothing more scary when your swimming in deep water and can not see the bottom. god im gonna nightmares tonight just thinking about it!

umm in all serious puppets scare me ... hate them.

Puppets scare you? We sould get together for a beer one day.

Seriously most puppets are totally misunderstood. Especially us sock puppets, we're like the poverty puppet, just a sock with some buttons for eyes. Totally harmless.

It's those bloody ventriloquist puppets you have to watch out for with their movable chins & thin, lifeless legs.....evil, smug bastards, never trust them.

Oh my gosh yes puppets too!

And:

*Santa - Call me peculiar, but something about an old guy breaking into my house and watching me sleep creeps me out.
*Barney the Dinosaur
*Sharks

And... the easter bunny.
evil-easter-bunny.jpg

easterbunnymotorcycle_2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a huge phobia of being in a car accident.im not scared that i wil die or get hurt but more of whoever is with me dying and me not being able to help..especially if it were my son.
i know it`s because of when my best friend crissy and i were in a accident i couldnt help her. I just froze and panic set in. she died instantly and the coroner said there was nothing i could have done anyway..still wish i could have tried. since then alot of years have passed and i have done a ton of first aid courses but i still freak every time i travel with someone.

I have a huge phobia of being in a car accident.im not scared that i wil die or get hurt but more of whoever is with me dying and me not being able to help

Never used this have this phobia (didnt used to think of the surviving thing though), that said i dont think it is a phobia, more of a rational fear.

i dont know if its a phobia, but i cant stand people that cant understand what im trying to say...rofl

I agree, but i dont get what you are trying to say :?

Heaps of people seem to be afraid of heights. Personally i love them...I climbed a volcanic core when I was younger (I would've only been about 6 foot wide at the top) and stading at the top was one of the most memorable moments for me ever. The view was so beautiful and it was so peaceful. I also loved looking over the edge and seeing just how high up I was and how far we had climed.
I would rather be somewhere up high or swimming then anywhere else.

dont have any phobias that i no of..tho the thought of jumping out of a perfectly good plane while the engines are going is a bit scarey :p... nutcases who parachute,bungy jump base jump......nutcases i tell ya
Thats what my partner says, I'm tryna convince him to go with me next time, but I don't like my chances

i forgot to mention
I HATE DRIVING NEXT TO TRUCKS
i always think their hubcap thing is going to pop out and destroy my side of the car and kill me
and driving on the outside lane next to trucks they look like theyre going to tip onto you when you go around round a bouts
/shudder
i get so anxious when theres trucks around
Me too...Well I don't think their hubcap is going to pop out, but I don't like being next to them or buses, I always think they're going to squash me. I've seen someone stuck in between a pole that was on the side of the road and a bus. If I am going to overtake a truck/bus, for eg on a freeway, I have to wait for the car in front of me to get past, then I floor it. But I'm getting better.
I freak out when in a car with someone else driving especially on the winding roads. It's cause I was in a bad car accident and nearly died when I was 15, and I think it's got alot to do with not being in control, cause I'm fine when I drive.

I'm scared of balloons popping near me. When I was younger, one got me in the eye and I couldn't see out it for about a week.

I am terrified of cockroaches.... I was in town one night and a cockroach about 3 inches long and an inch wide fell on me from the roof of the falaffel house, have been ******* scared ever since.... I will happily tackle a spider but will turn and run at the first glimpse of a cockroach.

i hate spiders and bees and wasps and used to be scared of snakes untill a few months ago when i held my friends 7ft python for the first time now im about to get my second python in a few weeks hopefully lol

Last edited:
i have quite a few phobias,
1. bees and wasps - err hate them
2. aeroplanes, hate them, hate going on them, hate hearing them, always think they will crash
3. heights
4. death
5. family death
6. getting very ill
7.hate tiny places
8. homework
9. storms
10. going outside in the dark

im sure theres more just cant think atm

im suprised there arent more arachniphobes.. puttin it out there... some spiders make me so nervous i literally hurl if i come face to face with one. not many spiders illicit this reponse from me but there are a few. this and deep water (as an ex swim teacher i know it sounds silly but if i cant see the bottom then i cant see whats under me) this is most likely actually a fear of water creatres like sharks, orcas and giant squid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back