What are your phobias?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens after you die. lol does it go dark do you reincarnate to something else? lol it keeps me thinking when i go to sleep. lol it sucks. and i second that even number thing. it annoys me too. lol

Not that scared of anything really. Plenty of things I'd rather avoid such as a plane crash for example but it doesn't stop me flying.

For those of you who mentioned deep or dark water you'll love this...

I grew up in Hamilton NZ and in the summer my friends and I would swim in the Waikato river. Make rope swings and the like. There are a few very deep holes in it and it's very fast flowing. We would dare each other to swim to the bottom and to prove it we had to have a handful of gravel when we surfaced. I had just grabbed a handful when I hit into something and was pinned against it by the flow of the water!!! I'm pretty sure it was a car but it's all a scary blur really. It took ages to get off it and I was sure I was dead. I didn't play that game again for a while!

See its not heights that worry me. Its grounds, cause its the ground that ends up killing you....

I don't like dots or circles....especially on clothing or anything I wear. I have a "square" watch, I won't wear clothes that have dots or circles, I don't like round furniture (tables etc). I can tolerate very few round things, the sleepers I wear in my ears are round, some round things can't be avoided, but I avoid them if I can.

It's not the height or fall that kills you. It is the sudden stop at the bottom.

l couldn't think of one but reading these reminded me of of my fear of amusment rides . Not the roller coasters or tame stuff like that but the crazy , fling you around in all directions in a little cage type . As l have a mechanical background l just cant stop thinking about all the things that could go wrong . How old are those bolts and brackets , how drunk or hungover or drugged were the carnys that put it together ? Remember at Luna Park in Melb about 15 years ago the scenic railway [ very tame ride ] threw half a dozen punters out over the fence at a great height to land on the footpath outside . l can ride a bike at high speed through traffic or a winding mountain road but you wont get me on the Zipper .

l couldn't think of one but reading these reminded me of of my fear of amusment rides . Not the roller coasters or tame stuff like that but the crazy , fling you around in all directions in a little cage type . As l have a mechanical background l just cant stop thinking about all the things that could go wrong . How old are those bolts and brackets , how drunk or hungover or drugged were the carnys that put it together ? Remember at Luna Park in Melb about 15 years ago the scenic railway [ very tame ride ] threw half a dozen punters out over the fence at a great height to land on the footpath outside . l can ride a bike at high speed through traffic or a winding mountain road but you wont get me on the Zipper .

RideAccidents.com

What happens after you die. lol does it go dark do you reincarnate to something else? lol it keeps me thinking when i go to sleep. lol it sucks. and i second that even number thing. it annoys me too. lol

I am soooooo looking forward to the moment of death, to see what is on the other side. I almost envy those that have gone because they already know what it's like. And if, as some believe, there's nothing, then it won't matter anyway.

I honestly dont have any Phobias.... Yes the fears of family getting killed.... But no phobias... : /

This is an interesting point here... I too have 'fears', but not phobias...

I FEAR my ex-husband hurting our daughters.:evil:

I FEAR something happening to my close family & friends. :cry:

I FEAR flying (I too must have watched too many Air-crashes) and confined spaces. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I dislike Cockroaches (Filthy things!!). :shock::shock:

hmmm my major ones are small spaces, hights and CLOWNS,
yes im terrafied of clowns

sweet! i'm not the only freak here!! i'm petrified of clowns! and vomit, i lived with my brother and his girlfriend for a while and she got sick one night, instead of walking through the hallway to get away from it (this would mean walking past the toilet) i jumped out my window! literally ripped the screan off and bailed before realiseing not only could i not get back in the same way but i was wearing a singlet and undies!! had to wait for my brother to come let me back in :(

i have a fear of "Spurs losing to A rsenal" lucky that didn't happen this time :)

Gird

haha - really funny right now if someone said snakes... it's paddle pop sticks for me - get nighmares just thinking about them touching my teeth/nails.

i forgot to mention
I HATE DRIVING NEXT TO TRUCKS
i always think their hubcap thing is going to pop out and destroy my side of the car and kill me
and driving on the outside lane next to trucks they look like theyre going to tip onto you when you go around round a bouts
/shudder
i get so anxious when theres trucks around

Be afraid very afraid. My brother is a truck driver and he has stories of others who have run cars of the road because the car has driven alongside the passager side door of the truck. This is a complete blind spot because you sit under the mirror out of view. Some trucks are installing cameras to combat this. Also I know a few truckers who think everyone should know how to drive a truck, IMO the truck driver should drive the same way as a good motorcyclist -- like everyone is out to get you. :shock: oops this is a phobia thread not a soapbox thread:oops:.

Camel rides freak me out. Big teeth and attitude. I will only go if I can have the end camel.

Injections used to scare me but I made myself have one when I was 23 as I wanted to be a nurse and knew I would need to have a few.

Love all these snake owners who are afraid of lizards, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back