Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That fella with the Western Beardies had 2 in a tub that looked soo crook.. both had bent spines and looked pretty dehydrated.. and there was a woman selling Vitticeps with tails so thin from a cross section they would be a concave diamond shape.. with the hip bones sticking out and big swollen bellies.. I was worried.. She didn't seam to think there was any problems with them.. She wouldn't let me have a close look either without handing over money first.. DODGY!!!

The Kimberlies are 1st class quality from strict line breeding so if people aren't willing to pay for quality, I get to keep them :)

I recon bluies are some of the most under rated herps around. I think people get so familiar with them as a back yard herp they underestimate now special they are. And Colins Kimberlies are some of my favourites - I got two more off him before the show opened! My male which we put on the table to show what one of his lines looks like as adults is a great big softy of a beast, great in nature and great in looks. I was lucky to get some from Colin a couple of years back. It took about 9 months to get him to adulthood.

:(

I didn't get home after a big day/night out until 11am that day so I had to sleep. I didn't get there til late, got inside just as the hail storm had started and people were starting to pack up. Then I was told that there was no ATM there so no purchases. I was pretty bummed. Although I did get in touch with Michael who I purchased my Pygmy from at the Penrith show last year and will be buying another Pygmy from him when they're ready in a couple of months.

Buying a reptile from an expo Is a disaster waiting to happen no telling what nasty parasites you bought home with your snake I hopw you people are all put them seperate from the rest of your snakes

i didn't see any roughies there, did i miss them or was no one selling them?
I didn't see any either. They usually sell pretty quick even on here don't they? So maybe nobody had any to bring.
Buying a reptile from an expo Is a disaster waiting to happen no telling what nasty parasites you bought home with your snake I hopw you people are all put them seperate from the rest of your snakes

Quarantine is important no matter where you get an animal from. I think it's a little overstated to say this is a disaster waiting to happen, especially considering how many people buy animals from these shows without incident

i really don't see the difference between buying at an expo or straight from the breeder. yes you should quarantine, but you aren't at a higher risk because you bought from an expo.

Can you actually back that statement up with any first hand experience?
Any reptile from anywhere should be quarantined regardless.

Ben, you are not doing badly for your age! :D You have taste too... Just remember Kelly's constant reminder! lol Sorry I didn't see you there.

I remember :p Im setting up a lawn mowing buinsess just for her ;) Just kidding but it will be for her in a way.

hay mate im Barry from Bazzas Reptiles i had the two north-west bearded dragons and the western bearded dragon there was nothing wrong with the 3 of them bearded dragons if you had of took a bit of time and spoke to me and had a look at them you would have seen for yourself there was nothing wrong with them they are all 100% healthy and the male did have a crinkled tail that was the way i bought it from a breader from this site troy martin is a very well known breader and been in the game a long time he had a look at them and didnt say there was anything wrong with them before you go and right stuff you should have a look and speak to the owner before you go and comment
thanks Barry

I bought a heap of mice & rats, some little green tree python earings & I also spent a small fortune on coffee;)
I was the girl at the lucky door prize table so I probably met quite a few of you:)
well hello again then,so won the python?

Snakefarmer, i was talking to him about getting a female for my male (from snake ranch aswell) the females are $1600!! Anyway i got a nice little yellow stimmy female, one of those tiny little soil dragons from cammo, a S.Plumips spider from the green scorpion, a probe set and a new set of tweezers. I absolutley adored seeing more reptiles and wish i had taken more money with me :) Sucked that i didnt know who anyone was thou :( who ever mentioned we should have all worn our aps names was right lol
I didn't know there were name tags for members,that would be great at expo's

Idle curiousity
But can an interstate buyer buy and pick up from an Expo on the same day or do they have to wait for movement advices??
technically you need an import licence from OHE

I only saw a couple of APS people that I knew or recognised. I was the guy people where abusing because all the car parks where full and they had to park at the show ground :)

that was a bad job to volunteer for and the parking/transfer system was pretty bad (not your fault )so I can understand people getting pissed off .Also you missed out on the fun inside.
Its a pity that there is no APS badge for us to wear to spot each other.

hay mate im Barry from Bazzas Reptiles i had the two north-west bearded dragons and the western bearded dragon there was nothing wrong with the 3 of them bearded dragons if you had of took a bit of time and spoke to me and had a look at them you would have seen for yourself there was nothing wrong with them they are all 100% healthy and the male did have a crinkled tail that was the way i bought it from a breader from this site troy martin is a very well known breader and been in the game a long time he had a look at them and didnt say there was anything wrong with them before you go and right stuff you should have a look and speak to the owner before you go and comment
thanks Barry
I bought 2 black soil beardies from bazza and have no problems 2 weeks after expo they are happy,healthy and have already shed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.