Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i quite enjoyed it . but wasn't anywhere near as big as last year imo. went to buy a pair of snakes i did buy a pair but not from the show. met up with Mr and Mrs hobbo,Hugsta,Jacqui,Tezza,Mattmc , Mrspike. dunno if there was anyone else.

will post pics up later my mum took

I was hoping for a bit more, it was my first time there and I won't bother going again if it doesn't improve, there were many display enclosures without labels of what reptile was inside however I felt that the prices in the stores were far cheaper than at the Castle Hill Show last year. You can't put the blame for some of these problems wholly on the organisers, however they could have made a few conditions of entry, correct me if I'm wrong but they allowed anyone to show their animals without charge, great idea but make sure they label what they have on show.

OOhhh and I bought three reptiles.

2 x levis...thanks Gecko :)
And a gorgeous childreni...thanks shanes aussie pythons!

I would have bought a female caramel too , but some one took the last one :rolleyes::D

Last edited by a moderator:
it was my 1st time there so i cant complain but i got 2 pygmy beardies so im pritty happy but wer thinking of getting a bhp but it was $1000 but beautiful snake tho

You should of bought yourself a nice pair of Striped mac's.

Yeah some lady had some nice ones there for $280.00 :lol::lol:

I got in strife off the missus for grabbing a card off Shane , let alone buying more critters ...

hey u no the weird thing i bet i saw most of u but wouldnt have a qlue who and wat u look like lol weird

Just to add to what I have said.

There is a lot of work that goes into the expo's or shows to make them happen. A lot of volunteers who put their own lives on hold for a couple of days to get everything ready , so that the herp community can come together. Please think of this before you criticise!

compared to the Newcastle one this one was amazing! but compared to the castle hill show mac herps is not as good but that is to be expected as casltehill has heaps of sponsorship etc.

not so many animals, that was a bit dissapointing unles you were after a beardy.

but i loved the mertens and the monitors on display. dont really see many on display so that was exciting :)!!

hope casltehill has more variety as im saving up for something good then :)

I actually think that it was disapointing due to last year some ******* stole a snake last year, so alot of people were reluctant in setting up their displays, and bringing in their animals to sell.

Unfortunantely it just takes one bastard to ruin it for the rest!

But my younger sister got to buy a couple of her first turtles, and my mate got his first pygmys. So I think it still was exciting for first reptile owners.

But for everyone else it was a little bit dissapointing. but Kudos to everyone that bought in their reptiles. They were all very beautiful.
Just my opinion.

Oh and i forgot to add, that thankyou to everyone that set up their displays, it was unreal, and just an awesome atmosphere.

I thought it was Ok :) Not as good as last year, I think they needed more animals on show. But, my friend who's a non herper enjoyed it! So it can't be that bad ;)

I am glad that I can read this topic. Could not go today. I do have something bad with my back and can't move.
At least your posts will get me there virtually.

Looks like you all missed my absence. I would bring my Darwin carpets to sell.:)

Im sorry but that comment makes no sense. 1stly because the amount of UV given to animal does not affect its colour. As well as the fact that they were young and as most dragons do (especially small ones do) was that they were probably sulking. I know some of my dragons wont eat when there areto many people in my reptile room.

lol either does yours.

Hatchling Pygmy beardies in general look 100 times better colour wise then adults, and when they 'sulk' they just go down to a light grey adult colour. they arent dark sulkers like centrals..

Uv amounts do effect colour.

besides the above, i doubt the comment on uv was about colour anyway. rather general health and hardiness. 'probably' in relation to bone formation or MBD. but hey, i wasnt there..

i didnt bother with this show.. still waiting for the next :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back