Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can cut them off breast meat then put them in bbq sauce for a couple of hours then chuck 'em on the stove or in the oven and just wait untill cooked golden brown!!! But I don't think any pythons will go for it regardless of whether it's cooked or not.

Red Belly...yes the enclosure is dirty, we cleaned it after, no point cleaning it and then chucking wet chicken meat in.

Was the rbb really hungry? did you have to jiggle it? Looks happy enough dont he.

That's all I have photos of. None of the Carpet or Diamond. I can get some, but when, I don't know.

instar - He hadn't been fed in a fortnight, ate 5 pieces of chicken in that sitting. We also fed it to Death Adders, Tigers, and King Browns.

None, they get very complacent in captivity, it just comes up and starts swallowing. Chuck a live one in and it's showtime, though.

See what I mean by feeding these items can make snakes lazy!!!!Do you think it's good for snakes to not act as they would in nature??? I know we keep them in captivity but we are also responsible for trying to provide for them as close to nature as we can or is that just my opinion again???

So what you're saying is that all your snakes are housed in enclosures 10's of kilometeres in size?

No, what he is saying is that while we do keep reptiles in captivity, which is a much more confined space than in the wild, that it is best to simulate natural feeding habits. If you're taking away the freedom of a snake, the least you can do is feed it as it would naturally.

So you feed your BHP's reptiles? They make up 90% of its diet in the wild.

So a natural food of scrubs is kittens? (BTW, I have no problem at all with feeding kitty cats, the less of them the better but I can't see how live feeding lab rats or feeding cats is any more natural than feeding chicken strips.)

Sxe, Grow up now.

The best thing for BHP's in captivity is to eat rats and mice. If a BHP was hungry in the wild and rodents were available, it would certainly eat.

On the other hand, RBB's and Diamonds and coastals don't go to the freezer and defrost chicken breasts. How much nutritional value is that providing? No bones, blood or fur??? hmmmm.

But that isn't natural for a BHP...or is it all for convenience's sake? Where do we draw the line?

Wild snakes don't go to the pet store and purchase a bag of frozen rodents, take them back to their 4x2x2 enclosure, thaw them, and eat them, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back