Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can i ask why people have poisonous snakes, especially a taipan. is it cause u like the colours on them?

I dont have any, dont want to either, but i think some venomous snakes are far more beautiful than non venomous.

ok thats all i could think of, but i have only ever touched/held one snake and that was junglepythons beautiful yelllow woma, as soon as i can afford one i am goin to get one, and his was so placid, and just great.

Snakes are incredible creatures thats for sure. I love the way they move. They are just so unique. poor things get a bad rap mostly, its a good thing more and more of us appreciate them. Youare gonna love it! :)

I know someone who bred micro's last season. Beautiful snakes.
venomous snake's are the most awesome animal on this planet. The way they move, they way their venom works, they are a lot smarter then your pythons, and are awesome to watch, all the species that I have seen in captivity have been very active and amazing to watch. There is also a high level of adrenalin which comes with handling and keeping of these guys. I do not keep any at present, but I have when I was a bit younger (I am only 16 atm anyway) when i had no idea you needed a permit for snakes. all I have at the mo. is some BTS. I will be purchasing some Suta Suta soon if all goes well with parks and wildlife.

Oh yea, no snake is poisonous.

I never thought of that, i would love to have one on and watch it eat and strike its prey:D but if i way up how much of a coward i am about ricking my life to have a pretty display vs the way they eat, my cowardice just is to strong

Yeah, you can't really compare a python to an elapid/venomous snake. They are totally different in most of the stuff they do. Very intesting to sit and watch all day.

faster, a lot faster. movements seem to be more flowing, almost like watching water rush through rapids

You watch anger management too greebo?
Yes. I am trying to be less sarcastic. If I argue with people I cop flak.If I don't argue with people I cop flak.So from now on I will not comment on peoples bad advice or stupid comments. So I guess I wont be posting much at all (beat yous to it).
The reason I have been a member here so long is that I always learn something new.With the current trend on this site, I can't remember the last time I actually learnt something here.There are very few experienced herpers posting on APS nowadays.

I can empathise with you Greebs. Especially the last sentence.

But don't give up the sarcasm entirely. Sarcasm is, after all, a form of wit, and wit suggests intellect. But sarcasm for sarcasm's sake makes you a cynic and serves no-one. (Not suggesting you're doing that, though!) :)

And don't worry about the flak, unless it comes from the administrators. I copped a fair bit after making a statement that disagreed with something someone had said. I restrained my responses so as not to start a flame war and was happy when I was told by someone I respect that I was correct. And then someone recently started a post about how old everyone was and I discovered that my main detractors were all under 25, most under 20. :x

Don't change Greebs. You make me laugh, and I think you'll find that most of the experienced herps here like you just the way you are. :D

Hix

I didn't see the thread on ages, lol, But I know I like to read the old fellas advice so don't stop Greebs. and let's admit it - some of you do sarcasm very well lol.

I'd like to bring something new and exciting to the table but I'm a novice myself. Not 1 of the experienced 1s, but I love reading these threads, I learn new things daily.

I am working out who to listen to for my own needs and it's all good advice.
So, keep on Greebs! Please.

Em :wink:
P.S. Lol, you get flak Greebs Darl? I got abused by an Amish man yesterday - what are the chances of that happening? lol

Greebo said:
If I argue with people I cop flak.If I don't argue with people I cop flak.So from now on I will not comment on peoples bad advice or stupid comments.

...I'm more than willing to make a comment on your behalf - PM me and I'll take the blame for you mate. As Billy Connolly (possibly my hero) says "There's a lot of faces that need smacking".

Simon Archibald

Greebs i can't see why you cop flak from people on this list i haven't seen anything you've posted that would cause people to have a go.

I'm no expert and i will never claim to be one and pretty much everything i know has been from my dealings with repitles. I'm not as old as some on this list (22) but i know i've been doing it longer than most.
I've learnt many things off other herpers i think thats more important than any book.

The thing i don't get though is you say you won't comment on peoples bad advice and you won't be posting much, Why? Who cares if you cop flak if people don't take your advice it's not your problem. You haven't learned anything new, well why not give your advice to poeple? I thought that was the point of site like this one. I don't see whats bothering you, knowing me i probably missed something.

Nothing is bothering me.
Goose frah BAhhhhh.
I am fine.
Simon, Billy Connelly is a genius.I have read his biographies by his wife (Pamela) and I also use one of Billy's sayings as a personal mantra.
"F#*k the Begrudgers!"

No-one, you are the exception to the rule. I was rather suprised to see you are only 22. Your knowledge of herps is impressive and you show a maturity beyond your years.

I don't know about maturity lol but like i said i don't claim to be an expert and i don't think many people here can.

After all you know what an expert is........ X is an unknown quantity and a spert is a drip under pressure. :)

I'm surprised to see a few Billy Connolly fans here, he's my all time fav comedian got all his videos. Haven't read the book, i will one day.

My fav saying of his is "Never trust a man who when left alone in a room with a teacosie doesn't try it on".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back