Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on.. Cost, Aesthetics, Housing, Temperament, Comfort Level (relating back to temperament and how comfortable you are handling larger snakes)..

i do like jungles to. i just cant decide because there are so many that i like.

Last edited:
if you want something with a great temperment i would Reccomend a Murray darling they get to a decent legnth hardy as anything and generally speaking one of the best temperments you could ask for.

in my opinion, diamonds. look great, dont get too big and stay slender. they are usually very docile too. only thing is their temp gradients should be a bit cooler but thats easy to do. have a look into them. im getting one in about a months time :)

The scrubbies & GTP use to require a C2 license. So unless you've has held a license for two years already, these two are out of the question.

Just wondering is that regarding NSW? I live in QLD, as far as i am aware we dont have classed licenses... Let me know :)

Just wondering is that regarding NSW? I live in QLD, as far as i am aware we dont have classed licenses... Let me know :)

Oh, yes you're right. I was referring to the NSW License. I just presume everyone lives in NSW :p.

But out of these two, I own a GTP and have babysat scrubbies. I would pick the GTP hands down anyday, to be easier to look after than the scrubby. Scrub pythons grow heaps fast. You will need a big enclosure by the time it is 2yr old.

id say a murray darling would be a great beginner snake.

but all my pythons are great, choose one you like the look of and study it then talk to a breeder :)

there is no such thing as the "best" everyone has there own opinions on things and all snakes have their own personalities get what YOU like (before you purchase handle it to see if its for you and shop around) GOODLUCK :D

Scrub pythons grow heaps fast. You will need a big enclosure by the time it is 2yr old.[/QUOTE]

YEP! Agreed, they grow super fast, my older scrubby is 19 months old and he is about 2.5m give or take a bit. His enclosure is 2m long by 1.5m high by about 80cm wide and in the next year he will need a bigger one! :)

what is the best snake?

Is this a trick question??

Jungles of course!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back