Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah!

I'm biased towards jungles!!! :evil:

, I know that Coastals are the cheapest and biggest, I think jungles or MD's are the smallest, and I think that bredli's or coastals are most popular, not entirely sure though. :)

Ok, I was an idiot to think I didn't want a coastal, I love now.......again.

Now, none of you start hoping I get a diamond, they're lovely snakes, but I'm just not keen on them. They live for like.......2-4 years.................!

Coastals are the cheapest and the biggest. So better get ready for a much bigger cage and lots of feeding!

Snakebuster;1392511 Now said:
They live for much more! Not all diamonds get Dps! and certainly not after 2 years!:evil: (BTW im no expert) However each to their own on what they like .... ;)

the general rule with carpets for enclosures and its a very general rule (ie not ot be followed religiously) is half the length of the snake long and and half as high so an 8 ft long carpet should be in an enclosure 4ft long by 4ft high but you can go 3x3x2 (my preferd enclosure size for adult carpets but i wouldnt recomend going any small as carpets like to climb and their enclosure should refelect this so they can get the appropriate amount of excersize outside of regular handeling. so another example would be a hatchling carpet would be comfortable in a click clack or tub that is 30l cm x 10h cm x 10h cm. and you increase enclosure size as is appropriate. the thing to remeber is carpets and some other pythons feel less secure in massive enclosures so a hatcho in a big 3x3x2 enclosure will hide alot and be to afriad to come out on the flip side however to smaller enclosure and they wont be able to streatch and excersize wich will cause them a multitude of problems.

p.s. not all jungles are horrid bitey things i bought one yesterday wich is placid as

i like plush pile carpets the most,loop pile isnt bad,but the plush has more choice in colorations,and is softer and more long lived,doesnt stress with heavy traffic ect,hehehe

on a more serious note md,s do get sizable,darwins and jungles average a smaller adult size,with jungles on average the smaller,7 foot is generally classed as a sizable darwin

the best begginer carpet in my opinion is the NT darwin carpet python,,
In my opinion, its the most beutiful, its got a great temperment,, it will grow to about 1.8 meters, which is pretty average-small for a carpet
however, of all the carpets, they requior the warmest temp.. but it should be fine for your enclosure for a long time

i have a hatchy coastal python that i recently purchased very beautiful snake, but also very unpredictable at the moment he eats a pink rat every monday, tryed offering more he just wont take it, but i heard that bredli are quiet nice and jungles do eventually calm down, but at the moment i reckon my coastal has some jungle in it...lol he will strike over 15 times easy before he settles.

and i have recently done some research and looks like coastals are the cheapest i brought mine for 140 but i have seen some sale posts on here for 250 plus with hypo or high colour marks.

hope this help mate

The way you swap and change your mind Thomas and your track record with not housing reptiles properly ..may I suggest a "morelia rubberarychina"....that way you dont have to worry about your enclosure size ,feeding regime nor how big it will get ...and if you decide you dont want it anymore toss it in your toybox....

Coastal.

No real reason other than i love 'em and i just bought 2

You should get a bredli for sure. I know this is an old thread but you still need help so...

As much as a adore jungles, I admit they can be a bit snappy (try going within a hundred mile radius of my boy at feeding time, you'll regret it!), Bredlis are a nice size, generally really nice looking too. You should go and meet somebody elses snakes then decide which species you want.

Just get a Bredli and be happy :D
Best choice you'll ever make in your life :)
If your looking for something that doesn't grow to big or two small, the bredli is for you.
If your looking for something that isn't to fiesty and isn't to shy, the bredli is for you
if your looking for something thats low cost and matinece, the bredli is for you
if your looking for something that is going to be your best friend, the bredli is for you

I couldn't say it any better, havn't even got a snake yet, well not one i own, but as soon as christmas comes around its off to SXR's to buy one, and its going to be a bredli :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back