Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizard_lover

Reaction score
whats better to start with a snake (stimsons, childrens, spotted python) or lizard (pygmy mulga monitor, thick tailed gecko, something)

They r both easy starters lizards r a bit more work but if ur up for it, it shouldnt matter. I started with a bredli and she is definatly my favourite herp. Go with what u would like most.

Snakes are probably less work, seeing as they need to be fed (and hence poop) far less frequently than a lizard.

Your name suggests a lizard ;)

What do YOU find most interesting? I've never kept any of those but from what I've read one of the pythons would be a little easier, but you should just go on what you really like..

me and my son started of with 3 blueys and now 3 snakes 1 diamond and 2 coastals they are all great but it is still your choice

yeah, as grimbeny said, 'go with what u would like the most'. Stimsons, childerens and spotteds are all great snakes to start with; easy.. -i'd probably get spotteds out of those. thick tails are pretty cool :)

Get what you prefer the most. However i personally reckon snakes are easier to look after, like what mickously said.

I started with a lizard.. and now currently have a beardie and a recently acquired Childreni and they both fascinate me on a daily basis

Your really not going to go wrong whichever decision u make. Just get the thing which interests u most.

If you dont mind something that wont want to be handled definatly go for the gilleni, they are more work but they sure do make pythons look very boring(lucky my snakes cant hear).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back