Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK going to let the cat out of the bag here.. People say they don't like them they are ugly and make good BHP food ! But the real reason is we want everyone to hate Coastals so the price stays down and we get our pick because no one else really wants them.

Well and also because Coastals can look this ugly !!
DSC00437.jpg

or ever worse like this butt ugly specimen
DSCF0154.jpg

this one is truly hideous !!
DSC00690.jpg

LOL sorry I couldn't help myself ;) People just like to pick on the Coastals, I doubt many of them mean it.. And hey you have better looking Coastals over there than any of the Coastal morphs I own.. yeah you don't have Jags but I'd gladly trade these guys for some of the Coastals I've seen posted on this site and we wont even get into the Albino Darwin's, Inlands, Rough Scales ETC ETC Heck I'd even throw in some of my Chondro's!! :) ......Randy

I just have never seen one that makes me go "HMMMMMMMMM i want that in my collection" Plenty that are Ok but none that stand out to me...JMO.

But I don't understand the 'prejudice' against Coastals. Is it because they are more common?

I wouldnt take it to seriously, but its basically because they are common, cheap and dont have any trendy snob value. I seriously doubt anyone would feed them to BHPs but im sure they would make good goanna food ;)

Go the F O R D S !!!!!

Simone

nuh uh, its holdens all the way!!! They OWN ford ahaha :lol:

And yea just a matter of preference and differing opinions n all that crap lol
I personally think they're one of the best snakes out there :p :p n I don't care what anyone says...

I mean of course I'm biased due to owning them, but I seriously think they are a great snake, majority have great temps and yes you get some that wanna bite ya arm off lol but which species is perfect??

And every species has it's ugly ducklings, humans included lol But there are quite a few crackers among the bunch, which Slimebo n Ravensgait have just proved above :D

Anywho, dun listen to others, just go by what you know and like, forget the rest! :)

thals 8)

I prefer Coastals to those fancy pants Jungles. I like ugly snakes, especially my very unattractive Darwin. He's 100% het for ugliness!

Attachments

• ugly.jpg
    ugly.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 49
I think the anti-coastal thing is just a windup for certain members on this site. Usually about as effective as shooting fish in a barrel :)

It's a shame that there are herpers out there that dont like Coastals. Back in the 1970 - 80's Coastals were probably the most commonly kept python and no one seemed to have a problem with them then. These days, with all the other species finally becoming more available, suddenly the good ol' Coastal doesn't seem so special.

You'll probably find that it's the people who have been in the hobby 10 years and under that dont like Coastals. Ask any old school herpers about Coastals they'll tell you how great they really are, because back when they started in the hobby Coastals were probably all they could get hold of.

Ahh, thats cruel... I really really love jags :|

but.. s'far as aussie pythons go.. Olives, coastals, hypo bredli's, stimmies and spotteds are my top species... olives are gorgeous, but get too large for me, stimmies n spotteds stay a little small for my liking, hypo bredli's cost a bit more.. and so many coastals have gorgeous markings imo... dont care much for most of the other carpet types though!

and ill just add... HOLDEN all the way!

i have variouse herps but my fasvourite animal is one of my coastals archy :) my first snake and i could never dream of parting with him :) so who cares what others think

There isn't really any general predjudice against them, just a couple of people who truly don't like them for whatever reason and a motherload of sheep willing to follow. At the end of the day the only person whose opinion matters is yours and if you're happy then who cares about the Borg Collective ;)

I got my first snake, a Coastal, 10 months ago. I had the choice of an MD or Coastal and picked the Coastal because of his markings. Since then I have visited here often and found the information on this site very informative and interesting.
But I don't understand the 'prejudice' against Coastals. Is it because they are more common?

people who hate coastels and keep other carpet pythons are wierdos.

its like loving a certain model of car but hating it if its the wrong colour,

which is in this case mainly green

if thats the case bredlis are worse as they are mainly poo brown LOL

i laugh at snake snobbery,especialy at the keepers of other morelias
which are the same bloody snake that can interbreed with a coastel
just like black humans can breed with white humans or yelow humans
there still humans
snake snobs just have to learn to deal with that fact

Exactly!!

cliches_in_thread.jpg

Touche`

We might take this one offline and refocus our efforts to present a unified front on our opinions of coastal carpets.

The bottom line is we need to touch base with all coastal carpet haters and go the extra mile in re-educating them about the big picture. By thinking outside the box we can stretch the envelope of positive opinions of these noble creatures and create a win-win situation for all reptile keepers.

Hallelujah!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love my aspidites but this is my male coastal, he is a dream:D

Attachments

• IMG_1753a.jpg
    IMG_1753a.jpg
    401.7 KB · Views: 43
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back