Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My 13 yr old daughter has a 15month old coastal and her personality is great. She is the most placid snake, loves a cuddle and has beautiful markings. Each to there own - it's a good thing we don't all like the same thing otherwise how boring would life be....:D

re Why

Hard to say why coastals are disliked by some as they can be very colourful from some areas,what you like i suppose,ive never kept bredlis ever,i do like the O Grady types though. :)

I don't like coastals much( I don't hate them), but I really don't like the whole genus much, I think it's the big heads? but thats just me.

Its a good old aussie gee up mate. You know the thing we love to hate to get a reaction thats all.
Ravensgait ...there not exactly coastals are they mate...they have a bit of coastal blood though

Coastals are great - we find to be one of the most placid snakes to keep - except for our diamonds.
We have 6 coastals - all differernt colours patterns etc and love them all.
We also have jungles - and even though they can more than a little snappy think they are great too.

LOL cement well some might say different but as far as anyone knows they are Coastal Jags so I'd tend to think they are as much coastal as anything else is a Coastal over here.. Now I do have some that are crossed with PNG ETC... The post I made was more to be a joke than anything else and to be honest I saw this thread as being well light hearted , how can ya hate a snake . But I do really like Coastals , more than the other Carpets and yeah even those skinny headed other pythons from down under :) Well except for those pink eyed ones and oh those --- lol

there are some superb coastals and some not so nice

but non are bad ..

Have put a large [ 5 x 3 x 2 ] display enclosure in the louge room . Had to pick which python to put in it , had to be big , attractive and calm enough to handle the noise and movement . My female Coastal Precious .

:lol:

It's threads like these that make people continue to claim to hate Coastals. I actually do hate them, but then again, I hate all Carpets. I think they look fantastic, but to keep they are just so dull and boring. It's a personal thing and I don't think it's any worse to keep a Carpet than any of the other boring pythons such as Chondros or Olives. Many people find Children's Pythons boring, but I adore them, that's fine :) Different snakes have different characters, and so they will appeal to different people.

It's not bad if people don't like something. I find goldfish extremely boring, but they're the most popular pet fish in the world. I don't think any of the world's zillion kids with pet goldfish are any worse off for my disinterest in them. Heaps of people hate Water Pythons, but that just makes me appreciate how special mine are a little more :)

What I find even more amusing than the people who pretend to hate Carpets in order to get a reaction out of people, is the people who are somehow upset about other people not loving what they do! :lol:

I like Turnips! Doesn't everyone appreciate how wonderful they are? No? :shock: Say it isn't so! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Carpet Pythons are pathetic and stupid and useless and dumb and ugly and should be fed to Black-headed Pythons, which themselves should be fed to Womas.

Carpet Pythons are pathetic and stupid and useless and dumb and ugly and should be fed to Black-headed Pythons, which themselves should be fed to Womas.

Which in turn should be fed to cats, which then should be fed to dogs - something about "There was an old lady who swallowed a fly." ;)

As to aggressive, I've never had an agressive carpet yet. Must be lucky :)

It's threads like these that make people continue to claim to hate Coastals. I actually do hate them, but then again, I hate all Carpets. I think they look fantastic, but to keep they are just so dull and boring. It's a personal thing and I don't think it's any worse to keep a Carpet than any of the other boring pythons such as Chondros or Olives. Many people find Children's Pythons boring, but I adore them, that's fine :) Different snakes have different characters, and so they will appeal to different people.

It's not bad if people don't like something. I find goldfish extremely boring, but they're the most popular pet fish in the world. I don't think any of the world's zillion kids with pet goldfish are any worse off for my disinterest in them. Heaps of people hate Water Pythons, but that just makes me appreciate how special mine are a little more :)

What I find even more amusing than the people who pretend to hate Carpets in order to get a reaction out of people, is the people who are somehow upset about other people not loving what they do! :lol:

I like Turnips! Doesn't everyone appreciate how wonderful they are? No? :shock: Say it isn't so! :cry: :cry: :cry:

hahahah you cabbage ( turnip)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back