Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

malya

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Would like to introduce myself, have been browsing the site for a few months and have just signed up.

I am a 24 year old female, first time snake owner with a 11 month old diamond python named Malya ( who is currently 'helping' me type). We (my partner and I) bought her when she was about 6 months old and took her home 5 weeks later. We have never owned a reptile before and were looking at getting a python for about a year before we bought Malya. We weren't sure what type of python we wanted, so we shopped around, handled many snakes until we fell in love with Malya.

She has a great temperment, although we're still getting used to each other, she has never gone to strike us. We keep her in a cage which is 120x95x66, very large for her now, but we feel that it will give her ample space when she grows bigger.

Would love to hear from any other diamond python owners with any tips or suggestions for us as we are constantly learning!

welcome to the site, i think you will find most people arond here willing to help you out with malya.
Diamonds are great pythons congrats on your choice.

have fun and post away any questions you have on here.

donks

hey malya welcome to the site i havent had a diamond python so i cant help with that but good luck

Hey all,

Thanks for all the welcome messages! I have attached some pics of our baby that we took last night while she was 'helping' type the introduction message.

P9120138.jpg

P9120139.jpg

P9120142.jpg

P9120144.jpg

whoops. sorry for the size...

can anyone tell me how to resize them?

welcome to APS!!

when you create a new post, scroll down and click on "Manage Attatchments"

The pictures will be attatched at the bottom of your post, and when clicked on they expand to full size.

Dreaddie, Thanks for that, I'll make sure to do it next time

tatt2tony, she always yawns :) It's so cute, especially because she's so little. I never knew snakes yawned...

Hey Malya, welcome to aps. Malya is a beautiful girl, congratulations.

Welcome to APS!! Sorry, not meaning to be nosey but did you get her from Reef & River in Geelong? Its just that there was a diamond python in there for a little while with the name Mayla, which means Diamond in Aboriginal? Sorry, correct me if im wrong! Anyway, she is a gorgeous snake & good luck with her!!

Jessica85, Yes we did! Tina was a fantastic help, we paid for her but couldn't take her home for a few weeks so they kept her there for us. When we had decided on the name, we told Tina and she instantly wrote the name on the enclosure :)
Are you a reef and river fan?

haha, i thought so, yea, tina is great! I have a 5 foot coastal and a water dragon that i got from them! I'm looking into getting a black headed python from them! I seen Gomez, and thought wow, he is so placid, and very nice looking, so i think i want one now! :D

I have never seen Gomez out of his enclosure before, but everyone says that he's lovely. I don't really like the look of the black headed personally, fantastic colours but the shape of the head creeps me out a bit.

My partner and I were in reef and river a few weeks ago and Tina was feeding all the black headed babies. There's one that has his own enclosure (not in a bug box) and he didn't grab onto his food when he was striking so Tina just put the food in the enclosure and went to slide the door shut. The cheeky thing went for Tina when she pulled her hand out and was half hanging out of the enclosure trying to strike her when she was closing the cage. Unexpectingly, it lept out of the enclosure and slithered under all the enclosures. After a lot of panic and about 10minutes, they managed to catch it and put it back in its enclosure.

It was a bit of a drama, so if you're getting one from them, I hope you don't get that one!

lol, really?? :lol: ha ha, yea, hope not! Although they are still very young so it would probably grow out of it?? I prefer the more placid snakes though! But hey, that's just me! My coastal is extremely cage protective, so I'm still getting used to it, I must admit it does frighten me some days though! :oops:

hey champ, welcome to aps, congrad on your diamond she looks beautiful, i dont actually have a diamond i have a diamondx jungle python but yer lovely snake. Im looking for a high yellow diamond at the moment to join my collection.

I bought my spotted python Savanna from reef and river :) I love Tina, she's awesome. I'm going to buy a black headed python from there when I can afford it. I held Gomez once, and he's beautiful. I went in there to see him one day, and when he saw me he came up to the glass and wanted to come out. :lol:

Yeah the gang at reef and river are pretty cool, i got my Green tree frogs, thick tails and southern spotted velvet gecko male from there. I like to pop in every now and then to see whats new, which brings me to my message to you. YOU WILL GET ADDICTED!! One herp will not be enough, just ask around most people here would agree. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back