Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, i was not looking for name badges coz we had not organized it, i was hoping peeps would recognize me from my description of my scooter lolz, don't matter, next time maybe..................Ron

i did see you ron,but didnt think i could fight the crowd you had around you,sry........looked like you brought half the crowd just on your own lmao

Was a great day , I didn't stop all day I was lucky enough to nearly sell out of everthing got to chat with my mate Mangus aka Aleks , tryed to get around and have a look at everthing through the day but man it was busy ,, still kicking myself that I didn't end up buying one of fishheads aka Steve's awesome jungle jags still might have to ask the wife nicely if I can get one .... Big thanks to all the team at sofar my 3rd show with them and every year just keeps getting better will be back again next year

Oh Ron it would have been Awesome, I wish I had more time there. I had to pick my father in law up at the train station so it was a really quick visit to look at the pretty things and on my way. I did see you on my way out but you were talking to a few people, I thought about a quick wave but decided that would have just been confusing. Next year mate! :)

I had a great time at the expo. It was very interesting! Though I was dragging my brother around so I wasn't there for too long. There was some beautiful looking reptiles there, I must say, I was quite impressed, but the huge spiders were too much for me! I didn't buy anything; I don't even have my license yet, but I reaaally wanted to.
I did get some business cards, though...

For the information of other new members for next time, if you have a smart phone and a credit/debit card all you have to do is go onto the NPWS web site and apply/pay for your license online, 10 minutes later you will get an email from NPWS with your license number and that is all you need to purchase your animals, i must have had at least 20 people ask me how they went about getting their license on a Sunday coz they wanted to buy something right there and then, in retrospect maybe i should not have given the answer so readily as i am sure there would have been a lot of spur of the moment buys on Sunday that when taken home were rejected by mothers/wives/boyfriends/girlfriends that might end up being released....................................Ron

Well here are the pics of our Cape York Jungle that my wife fell in love with and bought at SOFAR. She still went ahead and got it despite my 'Self-Sharpening Chainsaw' comments so I guess it really is love!

She must have rejected 30 of the buggers before this one grabbed her (no...not literally, but am sure that will come!)

Actually she does not appear to have too bad a temperament (the Jungle, not the Wife!) - We had her out for 10 mins when we transferred her to her clik-clack and despite being a little flighty, there were no attempts to bite at all. I didn't think this was too bad given that she had been at the Expo all day, then carried around by us, then did the 2.5hr drive home in the car. I have been re-assured by a few people now that the Cape York Jungles are not as 'bitey' as their black and gold cousins.....Time will tell but my wife loves her anyway so she will get the care and attention she needs and deserves.

She has been hiding since, but poked her head out a couple of times when it was darker last night, and I noticed her out and curled up at her warm end when I got up about 3am. Give her a week or so and a feed and she should be fine.

We probably bumped shoulders (literally - there were many ppl there) with others from here whilst walking around. We got there early (30 mins before opening) thanks to a couple of kids that woke us up early in our motel room so chatted to others for a bit before going in. Was a great day.....If we go next year we are going to need a house extension!

Hope the pics attach properly.

IMG_6707s.jpg
IMG_6709s.jpg
IMG_6711s.jpg
IMG_6713s.jpg
IMG_6714s.jpg

He is very cool! They were enticing but I'm not ready for a jungle yet, im too noobish ;)..

He is very cool! They were enticing but I'm not ready for a jungle yet, im too noobish ;)..

We are relatively 'newbish' ourselves, having a Spotty girl that is a big sook and never even looked like biting us, and a Port Mac Diamond that is not a biter (unfortunately not an 'eater' yet either :?) so we are probably due for something that is a little more testy. In saying that, a number of people have told us that the Cape York's tend to be noticeably calmer and better mannered than the black and gold varieties so here is hoping. The price was pretty good so we figured definitely worth a try.

We will be keeping our fingers crossed :lol:

We are relatively 'newbish' ourselves, having a Spotty girl that is a big sook and never even looked like biting us, and a Port Mac Diamond that is not a biter (unfortunately not an 'eater' yet either :?) so we are probably due for something that is a little more testy. In saying that, a number of people have told us that the Cape York's tend to be noticeably calmer and better mannered than the black and gold varieties so here is hoping. The price was pretty good so we figured definitely worth a try.

We will be keeping our fingers crossed :lol:

We have Recently acquired a broome stimson. ill get a little more used to that then i might delve, maybe another at next years expo. I'm excited about that already ;)It's lovely! I really Like the colours of yours, I think I prefer that to the black and gold. :)

We have Recently acquired a broome stimson. ill get a little more used to that then i might delve, maybe another at next years expo. I'm excited about that already ;)It's lovely! I really Like the colours of yours, I think I prefer that to the black and gold. :)

We fell in love with a very nice Broome Stimson at SOFAR - You can't go wrong with Antaresia's I reckon. They do not grow to large sizes and are generally well behaved (and when not you don't have 6ft of snap'in snake to control!). At least with Antaresia you can get a good collection without needing huge amounts of space.

We also saw a some Pygmy Banded Stimson's which we liked as well......So many snakes....So little time!!

The Cape York Jungles are nice....the adult they had on display is what did it for me...it was very nicely colored and patterned. Interestingly after doing some research I am finding conflicting info about the Cape York Jungles - Some people call them Cape York Jungles, others appear to refer to them as Cape York Carpets. The Complete Carpet Python book does not show Jungles as being native to Cape York, only a small band of coastal rainforest in north Qld, so maybe these are some type of intergrade? Don't really care though....She is beautiful and that was why we bought her.

well,i've gone from a really quiet broome stimmie to a sook of a woma to a fllighty 3yr old coastal to a pr of hatchie het darwins,the male bit me already lmao

S O F A R
and please correct me if i am wrong but we only saw 1 tree frog and 1 of my favourite toads, without a golf club in hand

We fell in love with a very nice Broome Stimson at SOFAR - You can't go wrong with Antaresia's I reckon. They do not grow to large sizes and are generally well behaved (and when not you don't have 6ft of snap'in snake to control!). At least with Antaresia you can get a good collection without needing huge amounts of space.

We also saw a some Pygmy Banded Stimson's which we liked as well......So many snakes....So little time!!

The Cape York Jungles are nice....the adult they had on display is what did it for me...it was very nicely colored and patterned. Interestingly after doing some research I am finding conflicting info about the Cape York Jungles - Some people call them Cape York Jungles, others appear to refer to them as Cape York Carpets. The Complete Carpet Python book does not show Jungles as being native to Cape York, only a small band of coastal rainforest in north Qld, so maybe these are some type of intergrade? Don't really care though....She is beautiful and that was why we bought her.

a3yju6u4.jpg

This is our guy! He is cool of a little cranky at the moment, but like you say, at least he isn't a BIG cranky guy ;).. I love Pygmy anything, so cute ;)..

I didn't see the adult :( but that hatchie is awesome colours :) meh, wherever he is from it's a good lookin snakey :)

a3yju6u4.jpg

This is our guy! He is cool of a little cranky at the moment, but like you say, at least he isn't a BIG cranky guy ;).. I love Pygmy anything, so cute ;)..

I didn't see the adult :( but that hatchie is awesome colours :) meh, wherever he is from it's a good lookin snakey :)

What a gorgeous little guy!

Our Spotty girl was a perpetual striking machine the first couple of times we visited her at the breeders place, but from the day she came home she has been an angel. We handled her on Day 2, fed her on Day 4. She has not even looked like biting, despite going through a bad shed recently....She handled fine all the way through.

Don't be too worried about being a bit cranky.....From what I hear and have observed they grow out of it quickly if looked after and handled properly. We were blessed with our girl as we were fully expecting a few months of getting the odd snap but none thus far. Hope I can say the same about the Jungle in a few months time...LOL

S O F A R
and please correct me if i am wrong but we only saw 1 tree frog and 1 of my favourite toads, without a golf club in hand

Frog Lady has apparently moved to Sydney all things slimy has her name and possibly number. There were a couple 3-4 that I seen that had been purchased. There was quite a lot of people coming up asking about the frogs " Frog And Reptile Expo "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back