Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Golden Crowned Snake Cacophis squamulosus.

IMG_08711.jpg

IMG_08822.jpg

IMG_08944.jpg

IMG_08977.jpg

IMG_08866.jpg

Thanks Tim.

mike that shot of the white lip is very good, its a nice coloured snake by the looks of it, always wanted to find one of them

jamie, is that a western? nice picture of a nice snake

awsome stuff tim, have you gotten out at night anymore since seeing that? or in the day for that matter?

great thread, keep it going, I would add some pictures, but those who know me, know why I can't ;)

Look forward to seeing them varanid, copperheads are one of my favs.

While we are on the subject, what are peoples opinions on keeping copperheads up here on the Gold Coast? I've been told it's too hot for them up this way and it could potentially kill them?

Here are the babies. I will be selling most of them non feeding as i don't have the time on top of everything else to get them going which in the end is in the snakes best interests. Havent fixed a price yet.
Mike

Attachments

• RIMG0285.jpg
    RIMG0285.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 191
  • RIMG0281.jpg
    RIMG0281.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 168
  • RIMG0280.jpg
    RIMG0280.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 185
Have just had gold/bronze (no patterns) tiger give birth and as well as the copperheads am selling them asap as i do not have time for all of them. selling at about $60 ea
Please email me if interested
Mike
[email protected]

Last edited:
While we are on the subject, what are peoples opinions on keeping copperheads up here on the Gold Coast? I've been told it's too hot for them up this way and it could potentially kill them?

Don't everyone rush in at once?

Don't everyone rush in at once?

G'day mate,

Yeah, it's too hot for Copperheads unless you put some serious effort into keeping them cool...the old "frozen Coke bottle in the cage" trick doesn't quite cut it for them. Have your herp room air conditioner set at 24 degrees all the time and then go for it.

here are some bad pics of the baby tigers that are up for grabs. Will try and get better ones tomorrow.
Mike

Attachments

• RIMG0296.jpg
    RIMG0296.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 165
  • baby tigers 1.jpg
    baby tigers 1.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 161
Here's a shot of blue chris, one year on from the nip, didn't do her any harm and young red belly too.

Attachments

• blue 003 (Large).jpg
    blue 003 (Large).jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 154
  • blue 007 (Large).jpg
    blue 007 (Large).jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 148
G'day mate,

Yeah, it's too hot for Copperheads unless you put some serious effort into keeping them cool...the old "frozen Coke bottle in the cage" trick doesn't quite cut it for them. Have your herp room air conditioner set at 24 degrees all the time and then go for it.

Cheers Jonno

I currently have a lowlands copper head in my herp room... and hes going just fine.

i have a 10L water bowl in there which is full all the time,
and im in wynnum...
have not had a problem yet.

I started with 8 hatchling copperheads a few years back. Jonno could probably remember them being sent to me. I tried various methods to keep them and within the year was down to a pair. The surviving pair were kept in a container on the concrete floor of the south side of the garage here in Sydney. They were doing ok but eventually died during one of the freakishly hot periods.

A few years ago i moved house and while still in the process we had a heat wave (Sydney). My unprepared garage was fried......I lost most of my tigers and various pythons. All my Copperheads were fine, despite being kept in the same part of the garage as the tigers and pythons.

I believe short periods of high temps dont worry them.....its year in year out consistently high temps that ruins them in the end in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back