Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

montysrainbow

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
lol i LOVE the describe your words in 3 days thread but lets face it its hard to do with just 3 words! SO i thought i would start this one and have it a free for all lol a place for people to get things off their chest or share their excitment! whatever you like View attachment 286049

I will pop my head in later when i have something interesting to say lol or not. My days been pretty boring so far lol but it is only early

ps. I View attachment 286048 coffee

May this thread have a long clean life:D.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

I would just like to vent about the idiot that broke in last night and stole my phone and laptop. If it want hard enough with uni now I have to try and afford a new laptopCheers Cameron

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm off to paintball the a bush bash in an old xf and BBQ for a friends bucks, it should be fun :)

May this thread have a long clean life:D.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

lol Endeavour it could get dirty.....or be short lived lol time will tell! i think it will be interesting :)

I would just like to vent about the idiot that broke in last night and stole my phone and laptop. If it want hard enough with uni now I have to try and afford a new laptopCheers Cameron

Omg u poor thing....were you home when they broke in?

I'm off to paintball the a bush bash in an old xf and BBQ for a friends bucks, it should be fun :)

be good ;) and have fun!

Ive been rat shopping for my coastal and updated my profile pic lol yay Oh and i had a big bubble bath with my 5 yr old who kinda made me smile lol i went to hop out only to have him say 'mummy please dont hop out you always take all of the water' :lol: i was like oh umm ok i will run you some more lol if i dont laugh i will cry!

Last edited:
I hate it when 12year olds with "7 years experience with reptiles" ruin my enjoyment of other forums.

At first I would log on to see what the latest installment would bring, but after him getting a gorgeous BHP, then "losing" it within 48hrs, then wondering why it won't settle down when he has only had it a week and has "only handled it 2 or 3 times", is scared of it biting him and is considering getting rid of it, gives dodgey advice on subjects he has no idea about, then argues that feeding live rodents to captive snakes reflects nature and picks fights with more experienced members, I am thoroughly fed up. If anyone knows how to block comments on that other well known Aussie reptile forum please let me know.:evil::x:x

I read some posts by a "teenage expert" on here recently and I will admit he knew far more than me about reptiles but his knowledge was no where near the level he was trying to portray. The old "wet behind the ears syndrome" my father called it.

Are you serious? What a coincidence, I just got back from paintball. First time playing my christening shot was straight to my head :\ It was so much fun though. I cant believe how good it actually was. Didn't get hit to many times but when I did, I definitely felt it.

Did you have as much fun as I did?

Younger sibling syndrome, we all have that one you get brother or sister (or most of us do) mine is my younger sister. Not much more I can say without saying something I shouldn't, but they seriously do my head in :evil:

I read some posts by a "teenage expert" on here recently and I will admit he knew far more than me about reptiles but his knowledge was no where near the level he was trying to portray. The old "wet behind the ears syndrome" my father called it.

I bet this sounds really weird coming from a 'teenager' but I agree with you. I'm not a fan of teens who try to show off with their knowledge just for the sake of it but if they are helping out in a question I don't mind so much as they have put in the time to learn this stuff, but that doesn't mean they are an expert.
I don't believe you can be a 'teenage expert'. You would need at leats 15-30 solid years working and studying reptiles(Uni, Parks, Snake catchers, Herp Vets, Herpatology courses, etc) to be an expert. Not just owning a collection of reps and reading some books and web sites. That would be classed as an experienced keeper.

Just my 2 cents :p

Well, non snake related

Just bought a sexy new vy storm ute, $90 of fuel gets me about 500kms

In my old nissan pulsar $90 would get me 1000kms plus :(

Will take a bit to get used too :/

well im going to vent about how hard this morning was!!! 26 km of hiking in the bush (training for kokoda challenge) so tired and sore. And when i went training on Thursday, i saw about 100 cane toads. No native frogs at all, just cane toads. So im tired because ive walked 50 km this week and now i got a math exam on Monday :facepalm::cry:. Btw i agree with Red Fox and Sharky, i hate it when people try and show off their knowledge and brag about how much they know.

I've gotta vent about a few things, firstly...
-Unemployed people (the bludging kind, not the willing workers kind) who whinge about immigrants taking their jobs, yeah right, you've been unemployed for 15 years since High School, but you were gonna go for that toilet cleaning job until it was taken by an immigrant???
-people using someone else's disability permit to score the awesome parking spaces out the front of all shopping centres (aka disability parking spaces)
- people who are flat out wrong!!! If you're wrong, no amount of arguing will make you right...EG: The State of origin can only be played by NSW & QLD... If WA has a team, the competition ceases to be State of Origin and becomes something else completely....the bledisloe cup cannot be won by South Africa as they're in eligible to compete for it (Oz v NZ)
- those big plastic eyelashes that people put on their cars!!! Don't do it or my male car is gonna absolutely make love to your female car with the sexy eyelashes....
- mother in laws.... Enough said!!!

RANT OVER!!!!

I'm a bit of a caudate freak, ambystoma mexicanum being my favourite. Tired of getting customers fight with me over their housing requirements at work. Today I had someone complaining that their axolotls keep dying. Upon more questions they were keeping them in a 30x30cm tank. Are people incapable of researching animals before getting them. They can all use facebook but apparantley not google. Argh!!!!!!!!!

similarly to the teen expert thing I would also like to have a bit of a go at the adults with 6-12 months experience will try to tell me that they would know a lot more than me just because I am only 16 I have kept reptiles since I was 9 (admittedly had a lot of help when I was younger) but the last 3-4 years I have been doing it all myself and researching a lot so I think it would know that snakes don't eat crickets (real convo I had with a pet shop owner I brought a bredli and crickets together and she called me silly and went on and on about how I should have researched this before hand and that I need to be feeding them rats I just looked at her and said "the crickets are for my beardy" that wasn't even the first snake I got before then I had gone into that shop hundreds of times to buy rats for my 2 jungles stimmi and childreni) all I am saying is that you shouldn't just assume that kids know nothing yeah I have a lot to learn but I am sure there are stuff I know that you don't.

I'm a bit of a caudate freak, ambystoma mexicanum being my favourite. Tired of getting customers fight with me over their housing requirements at work. Today I had someone complaining that their axolotls keep dying. Upon more questions they were keeping them in a 30x30cm tank. Are people incapable of researching animals before getting them. They can all use facebook but apparantley not google. Argh!!!!!!!!!

lol well im not on facebook lol but im big for googling lol infact i just googled the words caudate and ambystoma mexicanum ! lol i learn something new everyday on here :lol:

similarly to the teen expert thing I would also like to have a bit of a go at the adults with 6-12 months experience will try to tell me that they would know a lot more than me just because I am only 16 I have kept reptiles since I was 9 (admittedly had a lot of help when I was younger) but the last 3-4 years I have been doing it all myself and researching a lot so I think it would know that snakes don't eat crickets (real convo I had with a pet shop owner I brought a bredli and crickets together and she called me silly and went on and on about how I should have researched this before hand and that I need to be feeding them rats I just looked at her and said "the crickets are for my beardy" that wasn't even the first snake I got before then I had gone into that shop hundreds of times to buy rats for my 2 jungles stimmi and childreni) all I am saying is that you shouldn't just assume that kids know nothing yeah I have a lot to learn but I am sure there are stuff I know that you don't.

good point reptileben! i personaly think age has nothing to do with it! lol some people just think they know everything :lol:

Stupid people at my Animal Companion course who took the course because they thought it would mean them having a day off a week instead of school just to pat dogs/cats and don't take it seriously what so ever.
Biased People.
People who tell their children stupid things like "Stay away from the snake, It could kill you" Yeh, i'm sure a yearling childreni could be a serious threat...
Smelly public transport.

Vent over, This thread is great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back