Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hagos

Reaction score
Hello all, I'm a 19 year old male looking to get into snakes!
I have been doing a bit of research about them, and my girlfriends father owns a snake (it's about 6ft long, I forget what kind it is, but I know it's not done growing yet)
And after some careful consideration, and after seeing this snake on quite a regular basis (even feeding it a few times) - I've decided a snake is the right pet for me! (we have been together for 2 years, so it isn't really just a 'spur of the moment pet' - I really have thought hard about this)
I have a few family friends that really love their reptiles, so I will ALWAYS have help available to me for it.

I just can't decide on what snake I want!
I would like a ball python, but they are illegal here unfortunately!
So now I am unsure of another good beginner snake! (I have also been looking at Jungle Carpet Pythons)

I would like one that is about 5-7ft long - has a little bit of a heavy body - and is rather placid!
I would really like to keep this in an enclosure in my bedroom - and since I am a beginner, a placid snake is almost a must!

So please discuss and suggestions and inputs you have about this

I suggest an inland carpet python.

My Coastal Carpet python is really friendly i would suggest one of those....unlike my insane Jungle carpet python.

i suggest bredli

jungles wouldnt be a great first time snake as most of the time they are devils

i think get the one you want , any type of snake can either be a devil or a saint . what state are you in ?
btw i havnt any bite/tag issues with any of my jungles [ i have 3]

i suggest bredli

Totally agree :) i have one and he is amazingly quiet and gentle
otherwise known as a centralian carpet btw

id suggest looking up all suggestions. pics aswell if you can because they all look very different and you may have a preference in colour and look.

Hope you find an awesome new addition to your family :) goodluck!!!

Yes beats everything else in the election campaign............ oh wait yes get a Woma.

I would suggest an taipan lol joking seriously tho an in my experience the BEST snake in terms of placidness and size is an olive 110% will never regret getting one!

Get a scrub python, their really small and are really placid :lol:

Bredli, MD, Woma, BHP, spotteds, stimson... you have a good selection, research what they need and what suits your budget.

Get anything python bar a scrubby, or Green Tree Python.
Scrubby's are way to big, Green Tree's require a bit more effort and maintenance; the rest are pretty much the same.
Anything that takes your fancy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back