Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: albino bhp

I think some of you are getting a little bit worked up about this, and i think it makes a great read, so keep going.
Oh and i dont think albinos are that great but thats a pretty ugly looking bhp i like the normal ones

RE: albino bhp

Just imagine the thread if someone ever breeds a albino "INTERGRADE" :shock:

The past record has been for profesional breeders to seek out albinos so they could breed them with a normal to produce hets for their busines,they need certainty in there breeding endevours.Bob clarke got an albino ball python from Ghana in 1989 and bred it with a normal to produce hets in 1990.Red albino blood pythons were originaly from wild albinos as was reticulatus and burmese.The albinos of pythons are known in the first instance predominantly from wild populations its a fact and reptile breeders know it.Once you get that certainty of genetics you want you can shape it and bring control to the situation to dominate a given market.All this business principle stuff while hix and sadji are trying to line breed to produce a first mutation going broke because they ignore the wild mutations which came from diversity and adversity which are seen first by there competitors. :lol:

RE: Re: RE: albino bhp

pmsl yeah that would be a ripper but i bet eventually even the good ol reliable intergrad will be crossed with albinos....

Spot on olddude you know it i know it and so do most other people that have half a brain.I'm not saying that in a bad way to anyone just a figure of speech ok...

Yeah may be getting a little worked up now after a certain persons coments on something they know practically nothing about.Perhaps Rina might like to give her theory on the subjet or did she jsut jump in to take a bite she badly needed or was it just to put a post in the thread as it was very counterproductive!

interesting topic though ( not really) although i would like to see some pics of some albino carpets but only australian ones none of that american inbred stuff.

The original wild caught albino Drwin"Blondie" a truly gorgeous animal and i get told that when people wether they like reptiles or not that when they see Blondie they just gasp at her beauty.

snake_pics_047.jpg

careful browny, thats not your snake, you'll be in trouble for claiming it's yours lol :roll:

Oh shyte , i forgot about the Rina law,let me state clearely this is not my animal and i'm posting the pic as someone asked for one so i showed one example,now would people prefer to just read about albinos or would they prefer to also see pics?

thats a gorgous snake, now that albino i would buy, are they ever up for sale as hatchlings, i bet they'd fetch a bit, very nice though. I would love to get a hypo coastal, well i plan on getting one next season.

I think both Pike and oldfella are both right.

There are heaps of albino breeding projects started from a wild albino's being found. Here in Australia, and many overseas. When you start with a known albino, and with a basic genectic knowledge you will eventually start breeding them for sure.

But as Pike stated there are also people who just fluke albinos accidently by not knowing they own a het and by linebreeding them . Good example me and Splitmore with Bearded Dragons and the GTP's in the USA from the Barker line.

I also agree with Pike that there are probably many het reptiles in Austrtalian collections and the owners have no way of knowing. Unless they are line bred as I did with my Beardeds then you just would not know what you had. Overseas, due to limited bloodlines they are forced to inbreed which explains why they have so many mutations compared to this country

i'd definatly prefer to see the pics. pics speak louder then words

Got heaps more pics but don't want to go upsetting anyone if i post them :roll: maybe i'll just describe them instead?

gee rina pops up again to have a go at someone how surprising :|

I think both Pike and oldfella are both right.

There are heaps of albino breeding projects started from a wild albino's being found. Here in Australia, and many overseas. When you start with a known albino, and with a basic genectic knowledge you will eventually start breeding them for sure.

But as Pike stated there are also people who just fluke albinos accidently by not knowing they own a het and by linebreeding them . Good example me and Splitmore with Bearded Dragons and the GTP's in the USA from the Barker line.

I also agree with Pike that there are probably many het reptiles in Austrtalian collections and the owners have no way of knowing. Unless they are line bred as I did with my Beardeds then you just would not know what you had. Overseas, due to limited bloodlines they are forced to inbreed which explains why they have so many mutations compared to this country
WOW dejavu!

where do you get the pics BROWNS if they're on another site i would love to no which one

I had them sent to me by the breeder who wanted my opinion on them believe it or not.Try here there's everything you need to know www.southernxreptiles.com Have been following this albino project since the first hets were produced and Blondie has only been bred from once.

There's quite a bit of variation in the offspring,this first ones still pink towards the front.

pinky_002.jpg

One different again..

albinocarpets.jpg

head shot of a different one again.They have 3 shades of nyellows in them and pink..

albninocarpet_002.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back