Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's sooo much info out there, getting mendelian genetics wrong has to be a pet peeve of mine, maybe I should make a post in that other thread.... :D

Yeah, I think it's different to be releasing these hets when apparently they only have the one albino male, or maybe have just hatched their first albinos from het parents. Either way, it's getting the gene out there fast.

Which other thread Mike? There's already so many of them with that exact info.
I am a little surprised they're releasing hets already even if they have one set of clutches that will theoretically have 25% albinos. Surely you'd hang on to everything and get top dollar for some albinos before you sell the hets and allow others to get in on it within a year

Which other thread Mike? There's already so many of them with that exact info.
I am a little surprised they're releasing hets already even if they have one set of clutches that will theoretically have 25% albinos. Surely you'd hang on to everything and get top dollar for some albinos before you sell the hets and allow others to get in on it within a year

I was actually thinking of the 'don't you hate it when' (or something like that) thread :)

Yeah, I would have thought they would have hung onto the project until the first gen of albinos at least.... But perhaps it doesn't make too much of a difference in reality, or maybe they are just trying to benefit the hobby :D

I think snake ranch are still 2 seasons of releasing any albino's was speaking to them a couple of weeks ago

Have they managed to find out if their piebald spotteds breed true yet?

mendelian genetics, a picture tell a 1000 words.
Here ya go for a visual reference :)

Where can that chart be bought/copied from? Sums it all up in a way I can even comprehend, very simply :)

Any reason the albinos are still so rarely seen? Considering how easy it is to breed spotteds I would have expected more around by now..

Have they managed to find out if their piebald spotteds breed true yet?

They were owned by another keeper before snake ranch that never produced pied from them and snakeranch paired offspring back to a parent last season and no piebalds were produced, but may be chinese whispers. Girdz?

Regarding the pieds, John said himself they did not prove out to be simple recessive this last season but it was a small number of eggs, so he will continue to try.

I think snake ranch are still 2 seasons of releasing any albino's was speaking to them a couple of weeks ago

This is what i was told by John. This will be there first year producing full albino's so they won't be in a rush to move them out.

Last edited:
Any reason the albinos are still so rarely seen? Considering how easy it is to breed spotteds I would have expected more around by now..
If you believe the stories they have only had the albino spotted long enough to have bred from it once or twice. It's not that they're hard to breed they just haven't had time

They were owned by another keeper before snake ranch that never produced pied from them and snakeranch paired offspring back to a parent last season and no piebalds were produced, but may be chinese whispers. Girdz?

It doesn't work that simply.....especially not F1's.
It is also the fact that so far, not all piebaldism in reptiles is "simple recessive"......
Time will prove the correct mode of inheritance, given they survive and reproduce.
If it was simple recessive, you would see the occurence from breeding F1 siblings together and hatching out F2's.....
This takes time:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back