Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
does anyone know what lizards they took. i hope it wasnt there netted of water dragons

very sorry to hear about this break in and hope these scumbag thieves get caught. Its disgraceful that this sort of thing goes on.

currently the store must obtain your home address for every transaction made, either purchase from you or when you purchase....so under Vic permits you must give out your private adress, something that must be changed.

yes this really is something serious that needs to be changed in Victoria. Im in NSW and have freighted several snakes down to VIC in the last few months. I have always only ever used my Locked Bag PO Box address on all export (and import pemits) wwith the NSW DECC and have never had a problem. This Locked Bag address is my registered postal address on my licence.

the problem is Victoria where I've had conflicting reports.. some people have told me they dont need any MA to receive snakes from NSW and others have told me they do. The people that have said they need the MA have also had their MA rejected as it had my PO address and insisted that the VIC dept require a street address.

This is just not the go.. My street address and my postal address are registered on my licence and if any Government dept needs to verify this all they need to do is access the NSW data base or inquire there.. To give out anything else is a security risk and one that could be and should be avoided. Simple and straightforward.

You guys in Victoria really need to get onto the dept there to change this BS rule so that it accepts PO Boxes (that are attached to registered licences) in VIC and other states. Not only is it bad for people in other states it must be a security nightmare for you all down there.

From now on I am refusing to supply any address except the postal address to exports to Victoria and if this is unacceptable to the Victorian DECC then they can go to hell and I just wont bother freighting anything to Victoria any more.. I already know some blokes that refuse to freight to Victoria for the same reasons.

We are the same, we never give anything but our P.O Box number, its not worth the risk. We also enver allow people to come around to "look" at anything we have for sale...its photos or no sale...I will drive to them for the sale, we will meet somewhere, but never at the licensed address.

brendo which shop in G-town

im also from geelong and it was "reef and river aquatics". They stole the big coastal called 'Sugar'. they soon got it back though.

I was just wondering how the diamond is doing? Poor thing, I hope it leaves a scar on the persons face. That is the least they deserve. I can't understand this having to give a street address, as someone above mentioned as long as the PO box is linked to the license, what is the problem! I hope the scumbags are caught. Problem is they'll probably get in more trouble for the damage they did than the animals they stole, and it will be minimal. The law sucks when it comes to things like that.

You need to remember too, that when ever you send to Victoria or buy from Victoria the person in Vic must have your home address details, a P.O Box is not sufficient, they want to know the physical address of where the animal is going to or coming from...so much for privacy!

i CANNOT STAND people who feel they have the right to just go in and steal other people's things.
if they werent reptile people i also fear for the health of the animals. i hope they are ok! and as for the diamond female im glad she probably scared them off! what morons
i hope the video footage is clear enough to id and catch the creeps!

We are the same, we never give anything but our P.O Box number, its not worth the risk. We also enver allow people to come around to "look" at anything we have for sale...its photos or no sale...I will drive to them for the sale, we will meet somewhere, but never at the licensed address.

You need to remember too, that when ever you send to Victoria or buy from Victoria the person in Vic must have your home address details, a P.O Box is not sufficient, they want to know the physical address of where the animal is going to or coming from...so much for privacy!

im sorry i dont understand, on one hand you do not give your address but on the otherhand the DSE demand it for transfers, or its a no go. Could you please expain this.

Last year a person refused to provide me with their personal address, so the sale did not go ahead, Which i agreed, because i could not convince the DSE otherwise.
It is my belief that if the DSE in the different states have your personal address linked to your name and license number, so there should be no reason to insist on it for transfer purposes. If they need this then they can communicate between departments in the relevant state

Although I understand the concerns over privacy, theft etc - the reality is that the residential address information of an individual is all readily available public knowledge Aus wide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back