Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't attached pictures in a thread before, so I hope I'm doing this right :lol:
Here are some shots of my now 3 month old Childrens! I didn't realise how fast they grow! In the past month it's grown 8 cm!
DSC_0012.jpgDSC_0327.jpgDSC_0010.jpgsnake1.jpgDSC_03202.jpg
pencil.png

looking at a stimmy or a spotted for my very first snake..any recommendations for a begginer?
any comments appreciated :)
also, anyone have or know anyone that has some hatchies for sale in Vic?

cheers,
sam

looking at a stimmy or a spotted for my very first snake..any recommendations for a begginer?
any comments appreciated :)
also, anyone have or know anyone that has some hatchies for sale in Vic?

cheers,
sam

A good place to start would be at the VHS Reptile Expo in Melbourne on the 19th of February (Showgrounds).

Lots of people to ask advice of, and lots of hatchies to chose from, and no-doubt at pretty good prices.

I am aware they darken up, but the hatchlings are heavily blotched and tighter together than the above picture. Also from the side they have a distinct bold black line at the top end. As they all originated from the same stock i am a bit dubious about the above ones.

Gird

pm sent gird

Would someone like to post some pics of elcho hatchos so i can see what theyre ment to look like then please?
You are the 2nd person to mention this to me gird.
I know the parents of mine look just like any other adult elcho... and the guy had no reason to lie to me... I'd be dirty if theyre not...

Last edited:
femalechildreni3.jpgOne of my childreni hatchies took a liking to my ring finger lol . She didn`t let go for around 10 minutes lolfemalechildreni.jpg

Thanks Louise,...I recon he did also,...was for ever cruising around in and outta things...I think he felt safe there was a few things to dart into if needed...

ClimbingH.jpghermes 04.jpg

This is my critter - when he was brand new and now. his colouring has darkened but he's still delightful and his belly is still such a bright white. and as you can see, the whole "ground dwelling" thing doesn't apply to him much... we don't like stereotypes. ;)

One of the T+ Childrens pair i bought at the Expo on sunday.They were not on display for sale.Met the seller at expo to buy.Also a pic of my Female Barrow Creek stimmi i just took.

just woundering bonus
what is the "specal feature" about the elcho's ?
is it a locality or something?

sorry for the noobish question, im just intreauged about them is all

There are a few threads on here that had, in the past at least, pictures of Elcho Island childreni that show how dark they are. There is also a pic of what must be one at the castle hill expo, in the photos of the sunburst stimmi.

Lachesis, those are some stunning childreni! I love the caramels. Tho I'm still not 100% on the difference in appearance between these and the Skarff caramels. For eg, I understand that the 'T+' appearance of T+ childreni is a discrete genetic trait, not a line bred one, while the Skarff ones are line bred. Can anyone tell me if this is right?

just woundering bonus
what is the "specal feature" about the elcho's ?
is it a locality or something?

sorry for the noobish question, im just intreauged about them is all
Yeh locale animal. i personally don't see anything special about them. I have had them before and I moved them all on, they are just a darkish childreni if you like that sort of thing, pretty ordinary compared to other stuff around IMO.

There are a few threads on here that had, in the past at least, pictures of Elcho Island childreni that show how dark they are. There is also a pic of what must be one at the castle hill expo, in the photos of the sunburst stimmi.

Lachesis, those are some stunning childreni! I love the caramels. Tho I'm still not 100% on the difference in appearance between these and the Skarff caramels. For eg, I understand that the 'T+' appearance of T+ childreni is a discrete genetic trait, not a line bred one, while the Skarff ones are line bred. Can anyone tell me if this is right?

T+ caramels are a proven recesive trait, so being genetic you can have certain gaurantees when breeding them. ie, put a caramel over a normal and you will get hets. caramel over hets gives a clutch of 50/50. With Shanes they are just line bred, although nice looking animals, they are nothing compared to proven genetics. Overseas the word 'Caramel' used in herp terminolagy refers to a T+ animal.

Last edited:
Yeh locale animal. i personally don't see anything special about them. I have had them before and I moved them all on, they are just a darkish childreni if you like that sort of thing, pretty ordinary compared to other stuff around IMO.

Ditto, i have a real aversion to dark coloured snakes. I like bright and light colours, those T+ are amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back