Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Different strokes for different folks!
I love the fact they are dark, darker the better. No different than people who really love the black diamonds. I still love the light colours as well.

Huh, I typed out a longwinded reply and it got eaten....

Anyhoo, IMHO the Elcho Islands are really attractive. As I said before, there are a few pics of them on here including some from the expo, you can see how distinctive they are.

Hugsta thanks for the run down on caramels, that is what I thought, but wasn't sure. I think they are both beautiful. I do like the discrete nature of a "single gene" morph tho, as opposed to line-bred. Either it is or it ain't (Or it's a het, but anyway...), as opposed to what seems to be the mess with other subjective things like 'hypo'...

Thanks for that link Bonustokin! The question about them losing their pattern was actually asked in that thread too :)

About the expo ones, yeah, you're right, I meant to say that they were not definitely EI, just 'dark'. Can always ask the owner :) Very cool looking at any rate!

A few of these are elchos, a few aren't.
tn_Y3.jpg

tn_N1.jpg

tn_Y4.jpg

tn_N.jpg

The closest snake here is a real Elcho.
tn_IMG_0334.jpg

And this one.
tn_IMG_0051.jpg

These aren't elchos, obviously.
tn_Tri2.jpg

tn_C2.jpg

My guess is hatchling 1 and hatchling 3, can pick them a mile off.

Gird

Sorry I try not to comment on these threads unless I have a picture to add but I have to say that photo with all of them lined up is absolutely fantastic. Should add what each one really is :)

Hey killmike have u seen T+ in the flesh next to scaff caramel? Nothing like each other! They look like a different species! I use to keep skaff caramel.. Nice snakes but nothin on the T+

Last two are my faves,..be nice to see the tri colour when older,...thanks for showing us

1- Wheatbelt juvie
2-Broome juvie
3-Adult DeGrey (pilbara) critter

Attachments

• stim8.jpg
    stim8.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 167
  • stim0.jpg
    stim0.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 126
  • stim 9.jpg
    stim 9.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
i noticed in alot of your guys photos most of the snakes are in click clacks are they better of in these enclosures?

Depends on the size of the snake, but also because antaresia sp. are a small snake they can be kept well in tubs etc, but the never ending debate wether it is good for them or not will never end?

Hey guys,
I would really love to source an Elcho Is. Childreni. Does anyone here have them or able to point me in the right direction?
I love the darker colored specimens, and after seeing an Elcho Is. local Childreni I am hooked!

Hey guys,
I would really love to source an Elcho Is. Childreni. Does anyone here have them or able to point me in the right direction?
I love the darker colored specimens, and after seeing an Elcho Is. local Childreni I am hooked!

No-Two or Minka had some for sale.
I have an adult pair and they are very nice , pics on the net really do not do show the off well though , one of those snakes you need to see in the flesh to get a good idea on the look.

No-Two or Minka had some for sale.
I have an adult pair and they are very nice , pics on the net really do not do show the off well though , one of those snakes you need to see in the flesh to get a good idea on the look.

Thanks for the reply.

I have heard from someone here who may have some toward the end of the year.
I am happy to wait til then, as I will no-doubt be broke after the Expo tomorrow....

No-Two lives in Melbourne, if you contact him today he can more than likely bring some to the expo for you tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back