Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is confusion with the use of the term "caramel". In the US a "caramel" is the name given generally to a T+ albino. A T+ animal generally has lavender or caramel skin due to tyrosinase pigment being expressed in the mutation.

In the case of Children's pythons in Australia, there is a lot of confusion as we have 2 lines of animals known as "caramels".

We have the T+ caramel's - this means that the mutation is caused by a single recessive gene (a type of albinism) and can be bred true. You will see both T+ and T+ hets for sale.

T+

029.jpg

The other line of caramel "children's pythons" are a line bred or polygenic trait (many genes). This line is produced by selective breeding of the most "caramel" animals.

childrens025.jpg

T+ caramels are a gorgeous animal. Here is a crappy pic of one of my males.

Attachments

• T+ Caramel Childreni.jpg
    T+ Caramel Childreni.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 106
oh now come on Fay (ha ha) that T+ actually does have a pattern, you can see it faintly there. One thing with the T+ animals is that their pattern is less visible as the pigment on the pattern is masked as well, but it's still there i can assure you. It ends up a purplish colour.

Gird

quick check on the girls this morning and had my phone on me. first one is looking promising.

going to give the girl in the middle photo a crack at maternal incubation this year. looking forward to watching her be a mother.

Attachments

• 2011-07-13 08.02.51.jpg
    2011-07-13 08.02.51.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 2011-07-13 08.04.41.jpg
    2011-07-13 08.04.41.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 2011-07-13 08.07.50.jpg
    2011-07-13 08.07.50.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 75
Good luck with this yrs breeding OP esp with the maternal incubation, lovely snakes. Is the last a PL Childrens?

Nice bunch there Brett, like that Spotted :)

Last edited:
Keep us posted on the maternal girl Stu , it is some thing I'd like to do one day so will be good to get some info ...

smithers- yep she's a PL.

dicky, will do if it works. just putting a foam box in with an entry hole and spag moss in it (maybe even a mix of spag, coir or peat moss and a bit of moist sand on the base of the box). water bowl under the heat lamp and cross my fingers i get high humidity and don't dry them out.

she's got plenty of condition on her to do maternal incubation as i rested her last year planning to give it a try so hopefully all goes well.

T+ caramels are a gorgeous animal. Here is a crappy pic of one of my males.

There is confusion with the use of the term "caramel". In the US a "caramel" is the name given generally to a T+ albino. A T+ animal generally has lavender or caramel skin due to tyrosinase pigment being expressed in the mutation.

In the case of Children's pythons in Australia, there is a lot of confusion as we have 2 lines of animals known as "caramels".

We have the T+ caramel's - this means that the mutation is caused by a single recessive gene (a type of albinism) and can be bred true. You will see both T+ and T+ hets for sale.

T+

029.jpg

The other line of caramel "children's pythons" are a line bred or polygenic trait (many genes). This line is produced by selective breeding of the most "caramel" animals.

childrens025.jpg

Question about the T+ albinos. Is there much variation in colour and pattern?

7346dcb2-bd2c-c421.jpg

Jay84: this is a pic of 3 generations of T+. as you can see there are quite a different colour hue to them. They are become more opaque with each generation. The dark one is a T+ het (ghost). The offspring this coming season will be interesting.

fingers crossed for these two girls - they have been lying rolled on there side a bit and tense right up whenever disturbed. Havent seen any confirmed matings but they have both had plenty of time with a male so will have to wait and see now!

Attachments

• IMG_3238.JPG
    IMG_3238.JPG
    299.4 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3241.JPG
    IMG_3241.JPG
    339.1 KB · Views: 155
fingers crossed for these two girls - they have been lying rolled on there side a bit and tense right up whenever disturbed. Havent seen any confirmed matings but they have both had plenty of time with a male so will have to wait and see now!

awesome snakes mate. hope all goes well!!!!!

onimocnhoj, i cant view your attachment for some reason.
Heres some of my pairs for the season.

IMG_4267.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back